The Random Thread - Page 3020 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #30191 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
yup...by you. Just like otherwise seemingly sane women hide their crazy until after marriage...men hide their stupid...but maybe that's what brings out our crazy..hmmmmm....an unbreakable cycle...
An old saying came to mind with that: Men give love to get sex and women give sex to get love.

I guess there's a lot of truth in that. Besides think how boring your life would be if you didn't have to worry about all the stupid stuff we do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #30192 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
Besides think how boring your life would be if you didn't have to worry about all the stupid stuff we do.
It would quiet. But, in all honesty, it would be ME that put the salt lick out at our house! He just wouldn't say anything to avoid bringing out my crazy.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #30193 (permalink)

Tomorrow night I will be accepting a scholarship. I much as I love my boyfriend, I really want to bring my mom with me because of all that she has done for me. :/
Jaders is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #30194 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaders View Post
Tomorrow night I will be accepting a scholarship. I much as I love my boyfriend, I really want to bring my mom with me because of all that she has done for me. :/
Mothers are forever. Take her. Your BF will understand

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #30195 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
It would quiet. But, in all honesty, it would be ME that put the salt lick out at our house! He just wouldn't say anything to avoid bringing out my crazy.
Sadly, Mike brought out the crazy in me last night. It's been years since the beast broke lose. I think he might of forgotten I keep it carefully hidden away.

It wasn't just the drain pipe in the front yard (which btw, I spent the ENTIRE weekend mowing, weed eating and pulling weeds getting the front yard ready for spring) but that was just the straw that broke the crazy lady's back.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #30196 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sometimes I wish that I worked in a department that would allow me to work from home 1-2 days a week. I still get any work done that needs to be done, supervised or not. But it would be nice to be able to spend some more time at home with Baxter. I could work on simple training exercises while waiting for something to be completed, etc. Sadly, my manager is under the impression that people don't work well from home. Ever. No matter who they are.

Really, I just wish I had more time to spend with Baxter to work on his training. I don't know when it happened, but he's lost a lot of confidence. He's not crazy, or aggressive (though he still freaks out if other dogs get too close)..just anxious. I could NOT get his attention on our walk the other day. Didn't happen. I stopped for 5 minutes simply trying to get him to look at me, but he was allll over the place due to the noise, cars passing, etc. At least now I know where to start with him. I'm sure part of it is that he's not 100% back to himself, so he's still feeling a little bit "off," but a big chunk? I got lazy with training and building his confidence.

I guess this afternoon I'll head out with him armed with treats and go back to the places where he was anxious and just work on focus and attention, and make it a positive experience.

....and avoid the house where the woman likes to take her HUGE dog out to play fetch in the front yard with a lead on...but not holding it. Baxter would flip, and I don't know this dog. Or the person. But the fact that they had their dog with a dropped lead in the front yard on a busy street where everyone speeds doesn't exactly scream "responsible" to me.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #30197 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Sadly, Mike brought out the crazy in me last night. It's been years since the beast broke lose. I think he might of forgotten I keep it carefully hidden away.

It wasn't just the drain pipe in the front yard (which btw, I spent the ENTIRE weekend mowing, weed eating and pulling weeds getting the front yard ready for spring) but that was just the straw that broke the crazy lady's back.
\

Heck you can come and do my yard. I'll even let you bring Mike along. Mike and I can sit on the back porch, drink a few beers, burn a few steaks and have dinner ready for you when your done.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #30198 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
\

Heck you can come and do my yard. I'll even let you bring Mike along. Mike and I can sit on the back porch, drink a few beers, burn a few steaks and have dinner ready for you when your done.
I'm on my way. But don't be suprised if you hear tires squeal in front of your house..the following thud will be Mike's body as he hits the ground when I throw him out............
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #30199 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
\

Heck, no reason she can't do both. Mow a lap, flip the steaks, mow a lap.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #30200 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
Heck, no reason she can't do both. Mow a lap, flip the steaks, mow a lap.
Um...you don't want me doing that. It would be YOUR lap I'll be running the lawn mower across....
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.