The Random Thread - Page 3017 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #30161 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
My husband is an idiot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
He has to be related to mine.
I have the third triplet...

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #30162 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
And sadly, non of us married money.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #30163 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is the part where I sit quietly in the corner, hoping no one notices me.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #30164 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
And sadly, non of us married money.
Nope...I got a man who can't pick up after himself, can't answer a straight question with a straight answer because he's to busy answering what he thinks I'm asking and who once explained...to a Mechanical Designer....how an exhaust system works (that one almost got him punched as I do this everyday) and who also once explained to me that the reason some of the potatoes cooked before others is, not that the pan was to small, but that smaller potatoes cook faster than large potatoes....soooo are you telling me that heat transfers thru a smaller object faster than a larger object?....I put my new larger pan in his credit card.

yessireee...I got me a genius!

Last edited by Jax08; 02-20-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #30165 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Silently hugging my knees and rocking back and forth.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #30166 (permalink)

I have a puppy that I am looking to breed once when she gets older, and my vet thinks that she is going to be on the larger end of the breed, and i was just wondering what size male to breed her to later to avoid massive puppies later on? She is 4 months old and weighs roughly 30 pounds.

Last edited by SydneeC/Bella; 02-20-2013 at 07:37 PM.
SydneeC/Bella is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #30167 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am bothered by the fact that the country singer who recently shot and killed herself, also shot and killed one of her dogs. And she had two other dogs. Why did she kill the one? That dog had belonged to her boyfriend (husband?) who had killed himself too (earlier, not recently). Did she want them to all be together? Then why did she leave the other dogs and her kids? Was she angry? Did she hate the dog?

The whole situation has just become incredibly disturbing to me. I am having a hard time feeling compassion for her.
Good_Karma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #30168 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My understanding is that her kids were in state custody and that may have been what finished the whole thing off. I didn't hear about the other two dogs. Quite often ppl will take animals with them but I don't think it has to do with hating the dog. They may feel the dog is better off with them.

People that commit suicide are in a terribly, deep, dark hole. I have nothing but compassion for them. What a horrible place to be that you think being dead is the answer.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #30169 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I have the fourth quadruplet....

I got the one who is so emotionally stunted that the things he says for what people think is "shock value" is actually because he is literally too much of an idiot to know better

Are you uncomfortable yet, Randy?

As for people who commit suicide, usually they're not even rational enough to think that it's the only answer...it goes so far beyond that. I get so mad when people talk about how selfish it is... that person isn't capable of thinking beyond the next five minutes. Usually they're in such a state of mind that they genuinely, with all their hearts, believe that their loved ones will be better without the burden of dealing with their issues.

And Sydnee... post in the "breeding" section, though because this is the "chat room" I'll be candid and say please don't breed your dog, unless you plan on titling, health checking, etc.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #30170 (permalink)
Elite Member

No...I didn't marry money. If I did, I'd have a house full of dogs that would make up for said idiot. His idea today? He went "out" and came back with a bag full of things. I wasn't paying too much attention, as he's 32 and I'm not his mother. He went into the backyard and was out for about 30 minutes and came back in. About two hours later, Finn goes insane. I look out the back door and there's a salt lick up and the deer are devouring it. When I asked why we had a salt lick in the backyard, his response, "Well, maybe the deer will become nice and you can be like Snow White and have a deer as a pet..."

We are in a cooking competition. My father is a classically trained chef who taught me everything he knows. Hubby decides to argue with me that a Tofu burger doesn't need color, just put it between two pieces of white bread with orange marmalade and call it done. When I asked him about adding lettuce, tomato, and onion for color, he looked at me and said, "That looks too flowery. It's a burger. Tofu, bread, and done."

Oh yeah...I never agree with anything he says or does. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Don't worry, CassandGunnar. I'm actually a really nice person. The hubby just jumped all over my last nerve with a vengence.

Some days he makes me wonder why I didn't marry the dog instead...

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"

Last edited by Shaolin; 02-20-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Shaolin is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.