The Random Thread - Page 3015 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #30141 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
How many strikes does a bank you've been doing business with for 25 years get?

OH...HEC!!!! NO!!! I've been banking with the same bank for just as many years. They have branches all over. NOBODY better ask me for additional information to DEPOSIT money!!!!!

In fact, just recently hubby and I went in to deposit $865.75 worth of rolled coins. Hubby was on crutches. They sent in for an additional teller to assist us and we were moved in the front of the line. I should have asked the teller for her ID as I didn't recognize her!!!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #30142 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thank you Nancy! I was PO'd and still huffing when I got home. The lady that answered the phone at the head branch was "with you on this" and the manager of the banks was "appalled". I told the manager I should be able to hand my deposit slip with money to a hobo and have them deposit it if I wanted to. The money is going in...not OUT....and it was a small sum so I'm pretty sure I"m not a terrorist that they need to track. So what happens when I need my husband, who is not on the account, to deposit for me? Are they going to refuse to do it? And then call me rude...twice....

And believe me...I was tempted to ask her for ID and proof that she actually worked at the bank because I'd never seen her before either! LOL

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~

Last edited by Jax08; 02-20-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #30143 (permalink)

Chasing a dog down the street in just socks (and jeans and a hoodie - I realized some people on this thread might take that literally) in 30 degree weather and 20mph winds is not my idea of fun.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund

Last edited by gsdraven; 02-20-2013 at 03:18 PM.
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #30144 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
I completely agree with this. My cousin had the Seinfeld baby. You know that couple in Seinfeld with the ridiculously ugly baby and everytime Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, etc look at the baby they have this reaction of pure disgust? My cousin spawned this baby. And she posts pictures of it all over facebook, and people comment on how 'beautiful' she is. No, this baby looks like a drooling old man mobster and every time I see her all I can think of is how she looks like she should be sitting at a poker table with a cigar in her mouth talking about her next hit. I had to take my cousin off of my feed list because I'd get these gigantic close-ups of this baby jumping out of my screen and it terrified me.

I'd say most babies are pretty ugly, some are cute, but this one is definitely the ugliest I've ever seen. I hope if I ever have an ugly baby I won't be so clouded by motherly-goodness feelings that I won't be able to identify my baby as ugly, because I think it would be pretty funny to have an ugly baby and actually acknowledge that you know it's ugly to other people.

I literally have six friends who've had babies recently. All within the last 4 months. NONE of these babies are cute. Not a single one. I'm like OMG make it stop!!! Now my news feed is being flooded by the newest baby born last night and she's the ugliest of the new babies group! I feel bad because I havent commented on anything, havent even said congrats. But i'd feel worse saying "Yo, your kid is ugly" lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkellen View Post
Ughhhhh I hate care credit!!!(I mean, obviously I love it and it's a life saver lol) I took out a card when Remy got parvo, and our insurance only covered not even half of the cost :-/ .. I still haven't paid it off completely. What a beating.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I love care credit. It paid for my emergency wisdom tooth removal (violant removal honestly) and thats paid off. I'm just getting frustrated because I start getting close to it being paid off completely and something else comes up. I'm in a position currently where I can pay $200 every two weeks and that's keeping the balance lower but I'm ready to be able to just pay it off and not have anything else put on it for a while. I think I'll just have my dentist finish my last three fillings in one shot next month so thats out of the way and I can avoid the dentist for a while. I still have a last wisdom tooth that needs to be pulled but i have to go to the oral surgeon for that one and the endodontist for something else but otherwise, the fillings will be done and I can avoid the dentist for a while. Its just frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie87 View Post
Lmao yes I know that episode from Seinfeld hahaha Elaine, you gotta have a baby! And then the other woman had a hideous baby.

And yes English bulldogs are horrible looking and they sound like pigs, if you want a pig why not just buy a piglet, much cheaper I met two English bulldogs in my life and both were just idk they just looks soo unnatural and seems like they are uncomfortable... They shouldn't be bred for theirs sake. I don't like any dog with that sort of face like pug or bulldog just not pretty at all, now if say this dog needed a home I would take it if noone else would.. Idk how to explain it lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

one of my friends has an english bulldog and that dog is just nasty. He drools constantly, he's overweight, she practically french kisses the dog, she's even admitted to loving the smell of his farts. I'm a snoutist. Brachycephalic breeds are NOT the breeds for me. I've considered a boston terrier at one point but it'll very likely never happen. smooshed faces dont appeal to me.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #30145 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Rest in Peace, Gloria my dad's adopted pet goose Gloria was put down this morning, she had a lung tumor that was making it hard for her to breathe. She was 34. My dad is a mess... he loved that goose.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #30146 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Thank you Nancy! I was PO'd and still huffing when I got home. The lady that answered the phone at the head branch was "with you on this" and the manager of the banks was "appalled". I told the manager I should be able to hand my deposit slip with money to a hobo and have them deposit it if I wanted to. The money is going in...not OUT....and it was a small sum so I'm pretty sure I"m not a terrorist that they need to track. So what happens when I need my husband, who is not on the account, to deposit for me? Are they going to refuse to do it? And then call me rude...twice....

And believe me...I was tempted to ask her for ID and proof that she actually worked at the bank because I'd never seen her before either! LOL

I'd be freaking POed!!! Not acceptable. They dont need your SS# for ANYTHING as far as i'm concerned. They only need it when you open your account and thats it. If they ask for it afterwards, I would consider them an identity thief. They don't need your DL for anything except ID that you are who you are WHEN YOU WITHDRAW money. I left TCF bank after only a few months with them because they pulled BS like that and my account went into the negatives because of charges that shouldnt have been there. I went to security service CU and didnt have problems and have been using Navy Federal for the last seven years with no problems. I don't deal with banks anymore. Too much trouble and the employees are insanely rude.
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #30147 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
Rest in Peace, Gloria my dad's adopted pet goose Gloria was put down this morning, she had a lung tumor that was making it hard for her to breathe. She was 34. My dad is a mess... he loved that goose.
Poor Gloria. I didn't even know that geese could live that long, but at least she had someone like your dad looking after her!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #30148 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdraven View Post
Chasing a dog down the street in just socks (and jeans and a hoodie - I realized some people on this thread might take that literally) in 30 degree weather and 20mph winds is not my idea of fun.

this is what I fear I'll be doing every day when I wake up. Naughty dogs!

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #30149 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdraven View Post
I am glad you expanded on that! LOL Did you catch him? Or her?

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #30150 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Looks like I'll be working with an Aussie mix. The dog is about a year old and has more energy than the family knows what to do with. Zero focus, plays fetch until they drop and he just keeps going. He gets excited and pees everywhere. They have NO idea really how to handle him because they cant get him to focus on anything.
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.