The Random Thread - Page 3003 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #30021 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Cass, Gunnar, Lucy and Abby got to go with me this morning while I ran a couple of errands before Audrey went to work. (My license tabs were only 13 day overdue)
Stopped at Sam's Club for gas (before the normal weekend price hike).
Sam's was busy and there were two women talking about how gorgeous Abby was. A few more people came over and asked to pet the dogs.
I opened the slider on the van and all 4 dogs sat there while they got petted.
I was only ever concerned about Abby. I know the other 3 will stay just fine. Abby was great and soaked up the attention.
I passed out some MARS cards so we'll see if anyone is interested in adopting Abby.
Love, love, love my Morons.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #30022 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
I passed out some MARS cards so we'll see if anyone is interested in adopting Abby.
Love, love, love my Morons.
I'm curious. When you are out in public, doing the whole shaking hands and kissing babies political thing, do you introduce yourself as a MARtian?

Yea, I'm sure you've never heard that one before.

I'd take Abby in a heart beat. Just so I could say that I got her from a MARtian. The fact that she is gorgeous and you're doing a great job with her would only be icing on the cake.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #30023 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I tell people I'm the man from MARS.
Oddly enough, no one ever questions that.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #30024 (permalink)
Knighted Member

RELIEF!!!!!!

....as long as I don't look to the left, anyway. Or lean over to pet the dog/pick something up/etc.

This headache is FINALLY going away. Rather, it's down to a manageable level of pain. No fall-to-the-floor waves of pain, no feeling like I'm going to puke once I'm able to get up off the floor...

Now I can actually handle Baxter's returning energy, and I can still go to my riding lesson tonight.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #30025 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hubby is at home piddling around the house. He goes outside for a while then comes in. Just trying to get something done and to strengthen his leg.

He decides he needs to rest a bit, sends all the dogs into the back yard, lays down on the couch for a quick snoze. He's awoken by all the dogs throwing a crazy fit. Thinking there is a strange dog in the yard, or God forbid, one of the horses got out he goes to the back door and flings it open.

He can't see anything, but the dogs continue to raise a fit. He walks towards the back yard so he can see what the dogs are looking at. They are all barking towards his shop. He hobbles out towards the shop just in time so see Maggie, our Mini Doxie race out from under it, turn and run back under once again.

She was hot on the trail of something under the shop. She was totally ignoring his pleas for her to come to him. What ever was/is under there was making her crazy. She has a huge prey drive when it comes to bugs and just about anything smaller than her. Finally, he thought to bring out the ole' Trojan horse, Hondo.

He brings Hondo out and he joins her at the shop. Although he can't fit under it, he'd race around to the spot she'd come racing out. All hubby had to do was wait for a moment and he snatched her up.

Even though hubby knows he is in trouble for not watching Maggie and letting her out of the house, he is really excited about his new found activity..."Catch the Monster under the Shop". He said something about a game cam.....geesh, the man needs to go back to work!!!!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #30026 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My husband reeeallly likes lasagna so for valentine's day I'm secretly making him lasagna. Except it needs to sit for a whole day for the flavors to really come out, so I had to get my mom to pick me up from here and take me to the grocery store, then rush me back so I can start making this lasagna that takes like 3 hours to make. Now I'm trying to get rid of any evidence of lasagna ingredients and also trying to get rid of the lasagna smell in the house before he gets home. I have the lasagna wrapped in a bag in a rough tout hidden in the garage, because I can't just put it in the fridge or he'll see it, but it needs to be kept cold. So chaotic!
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #30027 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well we're starting the process for applying for housing on base in MD. I always hate this part. I really do. So much that needs to get done and I literally don't have much opportunity to get it all taken care of.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #30028 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
My husband reeeallly likes lasagna so for valentine's day I'm secretly making him lasagna. Except it needs to sit for a whole day for the flavors to really come out, so I had to get my mom to pick me up from here and take me to the grocery store, then rush me back so I can start making this lasagna that takes like 3 hours to make. Now I'm trying to get rid of any evidence of lasagna ingredients and also trying to get rid of the lasagna smell in the house before he gets home. I have the lasagna wrapped in a bag in a rough tout hidden in the garage, because I can't just put it in the fridge or he'll see it, but it needs to be kept cold. So chaotic!
Wet dog smell trumps everything.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #30029 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This is SO not my week. First everything with Baxter. Then things get insane at work. Then this horrible headache. And today? My car breaks down. TWO BLOCKS FROM HOME. At least I could walk home once the tow truck got there.

MAYBE the repair shop will have their loaner car available for me to use. Otherwise I have to rent a car. Ugh. And then I have to see what the damage is. The car is barely worth anything, so if it's too expensive, I have to weigh the pros and cons of new car vs. spending an arm and a leg. I don't have car payments right now, but I know the car is on its way out. Ugh...

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #30030 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
Wet dog smell trumps everything.
That's GENIUS. That would have been perfect if I read this sooner because the dogs are wet right now! They didn't think to go into the sun room while it was snowing and it's so warm out that they became completely soaked. I'll have to remember that for next time.

My husband didn't seem to notice any smell when he came home, but I accidentally spilled a bunch of food on the burner so I'm guessing it probably smelled like burnt horribleness when he came in the door .

I hate those ceramic stoves. I hate them so very much .
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.