The Random Thread - Page 2999 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #29981 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am not exactly thinking the friendliest thoughts toward the other vet at the clinic right now. Baxter is doing fine, behaviorwise. Energy levels are low, but a bit better than before. But he is peeing SO often. E-vet says he's okay to wait to be seen until tomorrow based on my overview of everything unless he seems to be getting worse. I just don't understand what's going on with him. I wish that I had the test results back from the vet. But even if they came back normal? This isn't normal. He has peed 7 times in the past two hours.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #29982 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
So in the next week or so, I will be signing up to take a Beginners Motorcycle course. I'm terrified of bicycles. We dont get along very well. BUT i'm going to get over that fear and try something I've always wanted to try! And it doesnt involve jumping out of a perfectly good airplane so even better. Wont catch me jumping out of a plane for fun. No thank you! But yeah. I'm going to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
My husband tried to teach me how to ride a motorcycle but I was too scared of dropping the bike because it was brand new and he had only had it a few weeks. It didn't help that whenever I felt scared my first instinct was to just jump off the bike and bail lol. I think the fastest I ever built up enough courage to go was 20km/h hehe .
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #29983 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
My husband tried to teach me how to ride a motorcycle but I was too scared of dropping the bike because it was brand new and he had only had it a few weeks. It didn't help that whenever I felt scared my first instinct was to just jump off the bike and bail lol. I think the fastest I ever built up enough courage to go was 20km/h hehe .

LOL luckily the course has practice bikes we use and I'm always better with more complicated things so a motorcycle should be pretty easy for me whereas a bicycle and I... well they like to throw me. I'm weird like that I guess. Just like I'd like to learn to fly even though i'm terrified of heights. Just trying to conquer the fears. I'd be afraid of messing up a new bike though too!!! we'll see how I do. Likely wont find me on any highways though.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA, RATI 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #29984 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
LOL luckily the course has practice bikes we use and I'm always better with more complicated things so a motorcycle should be pretty easy for me whereas a bicycle and I... well they like to throw me. I'm weird like that I guess. Just like I'd like to learn to fly even though i'm terrified of heights. Just trying to conquer the fears. I'd be afraid of messing up a new bike though too!!! we'll see how I do. Likely wont find me on any highways though.
Oh yeah, my training stopped when he tried to explain to me how to merge onto a highway. He said you don't turn the bike's handles or you could crash, you are supposed to lean. I was like "Well how are you supposed to know how far to lean!?" and he said "I dunno, you just have to feel it out while you are doing it."

Ummmm I'm not going to feel anything out at 100km/h thanks >_>.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #29985 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
Oh yeah, my training stopped when he tried to explain to me how to merge onto a highway. He said you don't turn the bike's handles or you could crash, you are supposed to lean. I was like "Well how are you supposed to know how far to lean!?" and he said "I dunno, you just have to feel it out while you are doing it."

Ummmm I'm not going to feel anything out at 100km/h thanks >_>.

oh yeah... I can do the lean thing but i'm NOT getting on a bike on the highway. No thank you!!!! I'll have the knowledge but I'll likely stick with my nice safe enclosed cars....
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA, RATI 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #29986 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Krystal-- that is so exciting! Motorcycles are so much fun. I've been riding for a while but I'm still terrified half the time, LOL. I won't ride on the highway, either.
If the course is anything like the one you're required to take in CT, it won't prepare you for the road at all If they have an advanced course to take after, I'd recommend that. I learned how to ride on my 750 CC Honda Shadow, which is considerably a small bike but still "full-size"... I learned on the road (not a lot of people where we used to live). I still had to take the course to get my actual license, and the course was pretty useless. They have you on little 250 CC bikes that are light as air and not really anything you can actually ride on the road (unless you stick to back roads) and you never leave the parking lot. I guess it was ok for learning how to shift and whatnot, but even then it doesn't prepare you for shifting at road speed. It was SO different learning on a full-size bike where you have to learn to balance something that's a LOT heavier than you.

I was petrified of dropping my bike too...mostly because it was mine, and brand new lol. There were a few pulled muscles here and there where I almost dropped it and had to throw my body into keeping it up. If you plan on riding beyond the course, I would definitely recommend the advanced course!

Last edited by LoveEcho; 02-11-2013 at 09:22 AM.
LoveEcho is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #29987 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sigh. I think it's time to bring Echo to the vet. We have to find a new vet since the vet we had seen once here retired. He still won't stop licking at his groin/thighs. He was SO good for a few days but is back at it and the skin is starting to discolor-- that's what worries me the most. Usually the antibiotics/benzoyl peroxide shampoo/veterycin/benedryl routine works wonders, but it doesn't appear to be helping this time.

Crap
LoveEcho is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #29988 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ok, I am a man of a certain age group, generation, and upbringing. If you present me with a problem, I'm going to try and SOLVE it. Sorry, that's the way I was raised, and it's unlikely to change. I'm sure it might be frustrating, especially to the women in my life.
I make no apology, especially to someone who isn't one of those people. It is what it is. I'm not a "barefoot and pregnant, stay home with kids guy", but I'm also not a Mars/Venus guy, either.
Ok, vent/rant over, carry on with your Monday.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #29989 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This really sucks. And I'm somehow supposed to stay calm and wait for 30+ minutes while they have Baxter in the back for an ultrasound and possibly some other tests. Yeah. Calm. Right. Especially after, "It could be something as simple as a UTI, or it could be asymptomatic Addison's disease." Oh. That sounds good.

And then I could hear him whining/crying because he gets anxious. And they have to shave his belly and make him lay on his back...which he hates doing.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #29990 (permalink)

It'll all be okay Evan! At least you will finally get some answers.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.