The Random Thread - Page 2978 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #29771 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post

I need wine (whine), cheese, and K9 Cops on TV. I am not ashamed to admit I LOVE that show and watch longingly.
Watching it now. Yeah, I'm geeky like that.
Todays episode made me 8/26/94 when two St. Paul officers and a K9 were ambushed and killed.
I knew the handler and dog. It was my day off, but when I heard about it, I went down there with my partner, Baron.
Sad day.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #29772 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
Watching it now. Yeah, I'm geeky like that.
Todays episode made me 8/26/94 when two St. Paul officers and a K9 were ambushed and killed.
I knew the handler and dog. It was my day off, but when I heard about it, I went down there with my partner, Baron.
Sad day.

I think of you whenever I watch it, I remembered that that was your neck of the woods. I can't even imaging what that must have been like.

There are few things more exhilarating than watching a dog work...
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #29773 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I think of you whenever I watch it, I remembered that that was your neck of the woods. I can't even imaging what that must have been like.

There are few things more exhilarating than watching a dog work...
I woke up to two other deputies beating on my door. SPPD had requested K9 teams to assist.
Of course we went. I remember it was very hot. We didn't deploy as a team, but did work a perimeter post.
Freakin' coward cried like a baby "don't shoot me."
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #29774 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
I woke up to two other deputies beating on my door. SPPD had requested K9 teams to assist.
Of course we went. I remember it was very hot. We didn't deploy as a team, but did work a perimeter post.
Freakin' coward cried like a baby "don't shoot me."
It makes me so ANGRY to think about. The amoebas that eat brains are more deserving of life. What happened to the shooter? I didn't hear.

I always tell Jer that maybe I found my calling later in life... I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to work K9... but every time he sees something like that it's just "SEE?! Out of the question." It makes my mom laugh-- as an Aspie, anything I'm really passionate about, I will NOT shut up about. Dogs (especially working dogs) are the only thing I will NOT shut up about. I hope in NH I can find a good working dog contact and maybe just apprentice for them part time or something... I know of someone here who I really admire, but I'm petrified to ask if I could help.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #29775 (permalink)
Crowned Member

he's in prison for the rest of his life. He gets taken care of for the rest of his life.
The new K9 training center in St Paul is named after Tim Jones.
SPPD trains K9 teams for a lot of area agencies. That's where I went.

Go and volunteer, they're usually looking for help. You might start out at the bottom, but you'll learn a lot.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #29776 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
he's in prison for the rest of his life. He gets taken care of for the rest of his life.
The new K9 training center in St Paul is named after Tim Jones.
SPPD trains K9 teams for a lot of area agencies. That's where I went.

Go and volunteer, they're usually looking for help. You might start out at the bottom, but you'll learn a lot.
I hope amoebas eat his brains.... ugh. I'm sorry again

As much as I love the idea, I do think I'm too "soft" for police work.... but I'll gladly be anyone's slave if I can be around the dogs. I had a great gig at the kennel in CT, I really miss it.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #29777 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Today sucked. I mean on an epic scale. Thats how bad it sucked. Saying goodbye to sick animals, SURE. That still sucks but saying goodbye to your first dog that you and your husband have had together while your husband is deployed... seriously, I can't think of anything that sucks more at this point. As much as Riley drove me crazy, I will miss him a great deal. Came home tonight after an obviously much needed night out after the day I've had and almost fell apart when I didnt get that tail thumping in a crate excited annoy mommy cuz she's home and we missed her whine. Shasta did her usual hello of MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM.... Hi mom! but no Riley. There's always been Riley. It's going to be strangely quiet around here from now on. If he'd been mentally healthy this never would have happened. He would have left us from old age instead of slowly going crazy in front of us. Don't know what I'm going to do with his collar and leash. His collar is HIS collar and has his name engraved on it but thats not the point. I'd never reuse a collar on another dog like that. It was HIS collar. It'll never belong to anyone else. Maybe when I get his ashes back, I'll wrap his collar around the urn. I think that would work nicely. Miss my big barking idiot. Didnt always like him but you know you'll always love them.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #29778 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was walking with my arm up and banged my elbow into the thermostat on the wall. It was horrible, it was like hitting your funny bone x100. I can't believe the thing didn't rip off the wall. But now I can't use my right arm at all. If it hurts like this tomorrow I think I'll go to the doctor and see if I might have fractured it.

First I scald my leg and then this. Only 50% of my limbs are functional at the moment!
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #29779 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
I was walking with my arm up and banged my elbow into the thermostat on the wall. It was horrible, it was like hitting your funny bone x100. I can't believe the thing didn't rip off the wall. But now I can't use my right arm at all. If it hurts like this tomorrow I think I'll go to the doctor and see if I might have fractured it.

First I scald my leg and then this. Only 50% of my limbs are functional at the moment!
Oh bummer. That sucks. Hopefully, nothing serious but only very temporary. Take good care of yourself. Hugs

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #29780 (permalink)

Mac & Cheese made with Almond milk and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not the same but it will have to do.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.