The Random Thread - Page 2966 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #29651 (permalink)
Crowned Member

70 in Houston today...I so need a winter home in Montgomery. I'd even let my sister's stalker neighbor take me grocery shopping if I could have 70 in January.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #29652 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Last friday, my daughter texted me, asking where the dogs were (9pm)
Kacie was out and then I panicked when I called to ask my daughter what she meant in that text. Her friends' parents just got to the house she was at and said they saw a German Shepherd just get hit by a car and when the people who hit it stopped to help the dog, the dog ran off. It happened near my house on the main road(with woods in between). Luckily Kacie came in while we were on the phone....I thought maybe one of our gates were left open!
Tonight I see a CL ad....missing GSD right by my house near the spot they saw the dog get hit. I e-mailed the ad poster with the info I knew. And now I can't stop thinking that poor dog is in our wooded area. Lost Female German Shepherd (Mattawan area)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #29653 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdraven View Post
IME, the clutter and mess in your house doesn't affect the value so don't stress on that too much. As long as they can see the house and ammenities they won't judge you over a little dust or misplaced items.
This is true. It really needs to get done anyway, but I'll do my best not to stress out majorly over it.

I have a feeling work is going to feel like it's taking forever... I'm only working a partial day, but honestly? I just want to get this appointment over with so I have some answers, regardless of what they may be. I hate not knowing.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #29654 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
70 in Houston today...I so need a winter home in Montgomery. I'd even let my sister's stalker neighbor take me grocery shopping if I could have 70 in January.
I left the house this morning with the windows open and ceiling fans going. Time to 'air' out the house.

Of course, I made sure hubby wore long pants (instead of shorts) in case he gets a little chilly.....
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #29655 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When I came into the office this morning, there was a toy finger on my desk. It's been chopped off and has fake blood looking stuff on it.

What I find creepy is I didn't find it disturbing. In fact, I'm more curious as to what type of toy this would go to, than I am who left it for me.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #29656 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I learned a valuable lesson at the barn last night... When you're jumping a horse who also does contesting, and the instructor uses barrels on the center line to help us practice lead changes... That horse gets REAL excited and can't decide which it wants to do more - jumping, or contesting! Needless to say, he tried to do a combination of both. Speed jumping, and barrel racing. There was a lot of circling to get his brain back. Unfortunately, there's not much room in the indoor arena, and the only place to circle him? Around the barrel. Hello, reinforcement of nutcase behavior!

At least I stayed warm. We're really only supposed to canter. A nice calm, collected canter, at that. Me 'n Pepi? Nope. Galloping was the speed of choice.

On the bright side, I'm realizing that I've become a much more confident rider, and I no longer tense up when these things happen. I find my seat, circle, circle, circle, circle, circle, and circle some more until he feels like listening again. I also stayed toasty warm thanks to the extra work he made me do! Once he got his brain back, we actually had a great lesson - perfect jumps, lead changes every time, and great teamwork.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #29657 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am eating sushi for breakfast. The guys in the shop are looking at me funny.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #29658 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSdogowner View Post
So, wait!!!.... this guy living in your father-in-law's house is not your husband's brother? Why doesn't your father-in-law just give him the boot then? So weird.

my husband considers him a brother because they'd been friends since my husbands family moved here when he was in middle school. The reason my father in law hasn't kicked out the useless wonder downstairs very likely has something to do with my bleeding heart mother in law making him promise not to do anything of the sort before she died last year. The useless wonder literally has NEVER lived on his own. His mom kicked him out a couple months after graduation and having no place else to go because his dad didn't have the room and was in the process of moving to georgia, my mother in law let him move in here. He's been here ever since. My husband and the useless wonder graduated in 2004 so you have an idea of how long its been. My husband and I have been out on our own since I graduated in 2005. Only reason I'm ever back here is when he deploys.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #29659 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I took Audrey to the Quick Clinic/Urgent Care this morning because she has strep throat.
She gets checked in and we get put in a room and the nurse does her thing, vitals/history/etc. A couple minutes later, a young (very young looking) guy comes in and says he's a medical student working with the doctors. OK, he asks the questions, looks in her ears and at her throat.
He says he wants to listen to her chest. Audrey is in a t-shirt and sweatshirt and is wearing jeans. She takes of the sweatshirt so he can listen. Now, Audrey is VERY "chesty" and in a t-shirt. You can tell the kid is a little unsure.
Audrey: "Well, get in there and listen, don't be embarrased. Men have been trying to get right where you are for years".

I've never seen that shade of red before.
I love my wife, she's evil, but she's funny.

Nancy, I thought it sounded like something you'd say.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #29660 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
I took Audrey to the Quick Clinic/Urgent Care this morning because she has strep throat.
She gets checked in and we get put in a room and the nurse does her thing, vitals/history/etc. A couple minutes later, a young (very young looking) guy comes in and says he's a medical student working with the doctors. OK, he asks the questions, looks in her ears and at her throat.
He says he wants to listen to her chest. Audrey is in a t-shirt and sweatshirt and is wearing jeans. She takes of the sweatshirt so he can listen. Now, Audrey is VERY "chesty" and in a t-shirt. You can tell the kid is a little unsure.
Audrey: "Well, get in there and listen, don't be embarrased. Men have been trying to get right where you are for years".

I've never seen that shade of red before.
I love my wife, she's evil, but she's funny.

Nancy, I thought it sounded like something you'd say.

"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.