The Random Thread - Page 2964 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #29631 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
Well I sure called that one! The brother in laws laughing hyena of a girlfriend is back and staying the night. WHY did my father in law have to replace that stupid doorknob?! Kick the jerk out. He's almost 27 years old and has never once lived in his own place. His laughing hyena can afford her own place. HE can afford his own place but will they grow up and move out? NOPE! So the rest of us who actually do things around the house and pay rent have to suffer with his idiocy and her day ruining presence. And the next time I find out she's been in my room eating MY food, she's getting punched. Not playing. I'm not spending my money to feed someone I cant stand.
I don't understand this "age". all the people I went to high school with (I'm 20) are still living at home (the ones that didn't go to college) not working, partying, having babies they can't afford etc.. I'm not saying I'm better by any means, but I moved out at 18 because I enjoy my freedom, I enjoy my own space, and I just enjoy being out on my own. I had to move back home once for a short time but I worked full time and paid my own way. Maybe its just me and the way I was brought up, but I would be embarrassed if I had to have my parents pay for everything of mine and then on top of that took advantage of other peoples things ( like you said about the food)

Edit: its like my older brother..he's upset I won't let him live with me, but he turns around and asks for money every week. I already take care of me and Gus. That's a handful in itself.

Last edited by GusGus; 01-23-2013 at 07:00 AM.
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #29632 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post
How is your nephew and Hondo?
They are doing very well! Hondo has decided he is one of the family and treats him as such. Meaning, if your bedroom door isn't shut all the way at night, it's fair game to join you on your bed. LOL! Sometimes I think nephew leaves his door ajar so Hondo can come visit.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #29633 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hmmm.......

Daughter: I'm going to take Dad for a couple of days.
Me: Take him? Take him where?
Daughter: Out of your hair. Give you a break.
Me: What are you talking about?
Daughter: I'm going to take a couple days of vacation, pick up Dad and we're going to go to the hill country.
Me: Umm. No. You can stay at the house and take care of the animals, and I'll take your father to the hill country.
Daughter: What fun is that for me?
Me: Exactly what I was thinking.
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #29634 (permalink)
Master Member

It's -35C here today or -31F, the power conveniently went out at 7am and hasn't came back on. We have eletric heat so no heat at home, I had to leave Gaia alone in my freezing house while I went to work. Power company says it won't be on for a few more hours should I leave work and go pick her up? We can hang out in the warmth of my car or will she be okay?

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #29635 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia_bear View Post
It's -35C here today or -31F, the power conveniently went out at 7am and hasn't came back on. We have eletric heat so no heat at home, I had to leave Gaia alone in my freezing house while I went to work. Power company says it won't be on for a few more hours should I leave work and go pick her up? We can hang out in the warmth of my car or will she be okay?
She'll be okay in your house. My dogs are fine outside in that weather and they have a windchill to deal with. Plus your house probably won't cool off fast enough to reach extremely low temperatures like -35C before the power goes back on.

I'm so paranoid about the heat going out because if my heat went out it would probably kill my parrots. I would be completely devastated.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #29636 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
She'll be okay in your house. My dogs are fine outside in that weather and they have a windchill to deal with. Plus your house probably won't cool off fast enough to reach extremely low temperatures like -35C before the power goes back on.

I'm so paranoid about the heat going out because if my heat went out it would probably kill my parrots. I would be completely devastated.
Thanks, I tend to worry a little too much about her sometimes. We have an ETA of 4pm AST so here's hoping when I get off work I don't walk into an icebox. It's warmed up to -32 with the windchill so maybe it won't be that bad.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #29637 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yep, I'm gonna come right out and say it. There is something gratifying about seeing a picture of an ex on another friends Facebook feed, and thinking;
"You dumped me because you "thought you could do better", and now, 20+ years later, you look like 40 miles of bad road."
And I did MUCH better!
I'm going to be smiling about that for a few days, even if I know it ain't the proper way to be.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #29638 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
Yep, I'm gonna come right out and say it. There is something gratifying about seeing a picture of an ex on another friends Facebook feed, and thinking;
"You dumped me because you "thought you could do better", and now, 20+ years later, you look like 40 miles of bad road."
And I did MUCH better!
I'm going to be smiling about that for a few days, even if I know it ain't the proper way to be.
Have I missed something? I thought that was the entire point behind Facebook.
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #29639 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Have I missed something? I thought that was the entire point behind Facebook.
Nancy, you and I left that "life phase" behind a few years ago.
You've seen my page, it's all about dogs and making fun of former Co-workers.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #29640 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
Nancy, you and I left that "life phase" behind a few years ago.
You've seen my page, it's all about dogs and making fun of former Co-workers.
I may grow old...but I refuse to grow up. You know who I'm married to. Peter Pan himself.
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.