The Random Thread - Page 2954 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #29531 (permalink)
Crowned Member

homework is kicking my butt. Was awake all night last night for two reasons. Math homework and this stupid cold are kicking me around pretty good. I think after some more sleep, i'll finally feel better but my head will still be trying to explode from this class torturing me.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #29532 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Somehow, Audrey volunteered me to sober cab her and 4 other women tomorrow night for a bachelorette party. At least I know all of them and they're only going to The Mall of America. I only have to make a trip up to drop them off and then pick them back up. Should be interesting, 5 woman cops/ex-cops on a bender.

I've already had a lady tell me today that I condemned her dog to death. I was asked to test a 15 month intact male GSD for intake. I call the woman and she tells me that he's already bit 2 people because he's "very protective". She said he also bit a trainer she hired to help her.
I called the trainer, a pretty good one that MARS has referred people to in the past.
Trainer tells me the dog needs to be euthanized, immediately. Dog guards everything, plus is geafear aggressive. This guy doesn't just give up on dogs and has even recommended surrender to a better owner. Trainer was nipped by the dog when he tried to take the lead from the owner. He avoided the bite and took the dog away from the owner to work him. Dog started out ok, but as soon as he got a little stressed, he redirected to the trainer and landed 3 full mouth bites up and down his arm.
I trust the trainer enough to not even see the dog. I called the woman back and told her I talked to her trainer and that our rescue wouldn't even consider the dog. She got mad at me and said I was killing her dog. Yep, that's me, Clark W Griswold, dog killer.
It's only 0800, but I wan't a Scotch.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #29533 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It doesn't sound like there are many options for that dog. So sad.

Ugh. Work is slow (again)... On the bright side, it gives me time to ponder home remodeling projects! The bathroom is my biggest dilemma. It's so so so awkward. It's a 5'.6"x8' space - the toilet and vanity are along the short wall, facing the other short wall. The tub is directly in front of the toilet, going along the long wall. They built a wall at the far end of the tub, right in front of the toilet, leaving 12" of space between the end of the toilet and said wall. While this is no issue for me, I've been informed by everyone over 5'2" that it's rather awkward to navigate that small space.

So I've been thinking about ways to fix this issue. My brother suggested an in-wall tank toilet. They're about $500+, which I suppose isn't horrible. But then...genius that I am...I came up with a potentially brilliant solution! Since the wall doesn't have any pipes or wires in it, what if we knocked it down so that the top lined up with the top of the tub, made it pretty with tile, and then installed an L-shaped curtain rod? Knee-bumpin' issue solved. I can't see any flaw with this plan so far, so...I'm going to go ahead and call myself a genius.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #29534 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
I trust the trainer enough to not even see the dog. I called the woman back and told her I talked to her trainer and that our rescue wouldn't even consider the dog. She got mad at me and said I was killing her dog. Yep, that's me, Clark W Griswold, dog killer.
It's only 0800, but I wan't a Scotch.
It is much easier for folks to blame others for their faults. In a case such as you described, the best thing to do for a dog like that is to end it's nightmare.

Very sad indeed.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #29535 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
It doesn't sound like there are many options for that dog. So sad.

Ugh. Work is slow (again)... On the bright side, it gives me time to ponder home remodeling projects! The bathroom is my biggest dilemma. It's so so so awkward. It's a 5'.6"x8' space - the toilet and vanity are along the short wall, facing the other short wall. The tub is directly in front of the toilet, going along the long wall. They built a wall at the far end of the tub, right in front of the toilet, leaving 12" of space between the end of the toilet and said wall. While this is no issue for me, I've been informed by everyone over 5'2" that it's rather awkward to navigate that small space.

So I've been thinking about ways to fix this issue. My brother suggested an in-wall tank toilet. They're about $500+, which I suppose isn't horrible. But then...genius that I am...I came up with a potentially brilliant solution! Since the wall doesn't have any pipes or wires in it, what if we knocked it down so that the top lined up with the top of the tub, made it pretty with tile, and then installed an L-shaped curtain rod? Knee-bumpin' issue solved. I can't see any flaw with this plan so far, so...I'm going to go ahead and call myself a genius.

Just put you an outhouse in the back yard. That shouuldn't run too much then you have fertilizer for the spring.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #29536 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
Just put you an outhouse in the back yard. That shouuldn't run too much then you have fertilizer for the spring.
You know, you always do have the best suggestions in this thread.
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #29537 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hey, it works for me! I have no problem with that awkwardly placed wall. Everyone else can use the outhouse, and I'll have my very own bathroom.

Excellent advice, Girth!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #29538 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Why is it that people who have problems, keep repeating the same actions that created the problem in the first place? Yet they continue to complain about the problem? Even when they KNOW their actions are creating the problem?

Why? Why? Why?
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #29539 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Why is it that people who have problems, keep repeating the same actions that created the problem in the first place? Yet they continue to complain about the problem? Even when they KNOW their actions are creating the problem?

Why? Why? Why?
I don't know, but if could bottle It, you'd get rich!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #29540 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I wonder if Sam would be terribly upset if I simply ripped up the carpeting that's on the stairs and started sanding them to get ready to paint...

This could be one of those, "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" scenarios.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.