The Random Thread - Page 2949 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #29481 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am a genius! Ice cubes? Great! Carrots? Great (seriously, Echo goes NUTS over carrots like no other thing...)! Behold... frozen baby carrots!

Michelle-- That's so hard... I can't imagine dealing with that as a parent. No headway or ideas from any of the doctors? Is it legit pathological lying, or obnoxious teenagerism?

Steph-- that's so sad Did anyone say anything to the owners?
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #29482 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Optimal Fizz - A bite of ice cream, a sip of soda

Life is good

It's MICHELLE, scarfish! My name is MICHELLE! Jax is my DOG!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #29483 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just watched the news. There was a guy who attempted to car jack another dude. Some passer by jumped in to help and shot the car thief in the belly. The car thief took off on foot, jumped a fence into someone's back yard and a German Shepherd stopped him dead. He gave up after a couple of bites.

Maybe he'll think twice next time.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #29484 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

loveecho- yes we did tell then what it would do to his coat and how it won't look good. the first time he was in my boss was able to talk them out of it. this time the owners we very adamant that they wanted a haircut. it looked stupid and the dog was a total a hole, would not sit still, fell off my table several times, barked. it took three of us plus my boss to hold his head somewhat still so I could attempt to blend his head. this was a huge puppy. and he's not fully grown yet either.

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #29485 (permalink)
Master Member

Gus is acting like an absolute nutjob! He's just running in and out of my rooms. Grabbing a drink and running away so he gets slobber all over the floor. He needs mental help tonight..sheesh.
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #29486 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

GSD shave down update!!! so the owners came to pick up their dog last night and not only did they love his stupid haircut. they freaking requested me so now I have to give a giant unruly puppy a haircut. the dog is an a hole I love my shepherds but I don't love him. and on too my that my manager told me to put his price at 75 and mark the $10.00 furminating charge. my boss changed it to 65 and took off the firminating charge. my day already sucks and it hasn't even started yet.

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #29487 (permalink)
Crowned Member

GRRR. They are forcing me to share my office with four other people (yay downsizing). One started getting sick. I stayed a couple of days and then laid low... I'm on immune suppressants. The flu for me could mean the hospital. I took a risk yesterday and went in, and they're ALL sick now STAY HOME IF YOU HAVE THE FLU. We get ample sick leave, and none of them have used it (and none of them have families/children etc).

I'm definitely getting sick, now. I currently have a 103.5 fever (been hovering around 100 for a week or so... been having a flare otherwise), and starting to get even sorer, runnier, and sneezier. I am SO pissed. I got my flu shot but it's not even effective against the strain that's making the rounds right now... the flu could really spell bad news for me. Sigh. My doctor is going to try giving me Tamaflu but he's not optimistic that it'll work.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #29488 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Here is a good one. almost a year ago I had to have Taz PTS. Yesterday The vet that gave him a check up 3 days prior to his final day and said he was in great condition, Called and said it was time for his yearly shots. I am sorry but Cancer doesnt happen that fast!
Loneforce is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #29489 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneforce View Post
Here is a good one. almost a year ago I had to have Taz PTS. Yesterday The vet that gave him a check up 3 days prior to his final day and said he was in great condition, Called and said it was time for his yearly shots. I am sorry but Cancer doesnt happen that fast!

wow... that is massively insensitive! Even the vets office NOBODY liked here, if you're pet was put to sleep, they'd remove the file for that pet so things like the above dont happen!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #29490 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Oh man. I am finally starting to feel human again.

My doctor never did call me back, which was aggravating... But my throat started feeling better and the fever broke, so it ended up just being my typical cold symptoms. It just...knocked me flat. I literally did NOTHING all day Friday, Saturday I was dragged out of the house to keep Sam company while he burned off Baxter's energy and then we ran a few errands, and then yesterday was another day of doing nothing.

I haven't had a cold that nasty in a while, but I don't think it was flu, and once my throat started feeling better I figured it wasn't strep. I was, however, immensely grateful when Sam got home on Friday afternoon. I hadn't been drinking nearly enough water, because the only energy I had I saved for taking Baxter outside and getting him his own food/water. Once Sam was home, he was a perfect nurse! It's much easier to drink enough water when you know someone else will go and refill the glass for you.

However, after watching Baxter at my parents' (where we take him to get him really running...their yard is much larger), I'm realizing that he needs to build up some more endurance. I'm not sure how concerned I should be, or if I should put it in terms of myself - he hasn't been getting as much exercise lately due to my crazy schedule and being sick, so therefore that much exertion wore him out faster than it typically would. If I'm still feeling good by the time I get back home, I'll try to get him out for a walk. It'll do me some good since I've been cooped up at home barely able to get up off of the couch.

I may still SOUND awful, but...at least I'm functioning. Yay!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.