The Random Thread - Page 2948 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #29471 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
That doesn't explain why I throw up every time I stub my toe.
I'm the same way! I'm clumsy so I'm always whacking my funny bone, bumping my knee on the coffee table...I'll howl like nobody's business. But I will still put my own toothpaste on my toothbrush!
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #29472 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I ended up coming home from work. And I called the doc. Haven't heard anything back, but I figured I may as well. At this rate, I won't be in tomorrow which I am sure will stress out my manager, but my temp has gone up since getting home and I had no fever this morning.

Ugh. I hate being sick.

I also wish I knew why the left side of my body is ALWAYS worse than the right side. That tonsil swells before the other. The lymph nodes and glands react more on that side. The white spots? Only on that side. My body is so weird.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #29473 (permalink)

Glad to hear you called the doc, Evan. Get some rest and fluids and snuggle up to Baxter.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #29474 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Now I just need them to call me back!

I tried cuddling with Baxter, but I'm getting the cold shoulder. He's usually very good about being able to tell when I simply can't get him out for walks, but I guess not this time. He keeps putting his paw on me every time I pet him or when he comes up to me. I can't decide if it's cute or not. But then again, I'm mainly just shivering at this point, despite a blanket, wearing my coat, and having the heat bumped up.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #29475 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Man... I woke up the other day feeling pretty good. So I worked out. I did a fraction of my old workout routine.

The last two days I've been in excruciating muscle, joint, and random stabbing pain.

Lupus hates me.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #29476 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Going to go out for supper with my MIL and FIL right away. They are currently staying at a hotel and going out for supper every night. They are taking a break from living in their house because it's too stressful with my SIL, her husband, and their two incredibly noisy children living there. And it's not just us who think they are loud, everyone thinks their kids cry, scream, and throw tantrums waayyy more often than average kids do(because they get rewarded for it! I never got ice cream just by screaming for it when I was growing up, although that works now ).

I just think this is so sad. My MIL and FIL can't even live in their own house, and it's so bad living there that they'd rather pay to stay in a hotel. I don't understand how my SIL and her husband don't feel absolutely horrible about forcibly moving into my inlaws house and flipping everyone's lives upside down. It should have been a big enough tip that they are horrendous to live with when me and my husband moved out of there and opted to waste $1200 a month to rent a house just to get away from them, but when my FIL and MIL would rather stay in a hotel than their own home just to get away from them? How do they not feel absolutely awful about the stress they have caused everyone? I mean, we hate children so it's understandable that we'd get sick of them pretty fast, but grandparents usually can't get enough of their grandchildren! I just don't understand it at all. Sure, they are saving money by living there rent free, but at the huge expense of everyone else. They could have made it easier on my MIL and FIL by cleaning up after themselves once in a while or cooking their own supper. It's like having two teenagers living there who also have a 2 and 4 year old.

I just... never in my life would I force someone out of their home for my own benefit. Everyone even offered to pay for their rent if it was about the money, but they were set on moving in because they thought moving into another apartment would be stressful on their kids . The intrusiveness is mind boggling. It's like bizarro world over there. No wonder when we were moving out of there all they did was sit around complaining about it getting cold in the house from us opening and closing the door instead of trying to help us load up the truck to speed things up; they have no concept of what being considerate is.

They haven't even come to visit their dog that I'm taking care of since we moved out, don't they miss her? Don't they want to know how she's doing? It's like having children made the parts of their brains responsible for caring about anyone but themselves completely melt.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #29477 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I probably shouldn't laugh at this, but I always do. Most of the time we don't keep doors completely closed, so normally Chrono just runs up to a door and pushes the door open with his face. But when I have the dogs in at night and I don't want them bothering my husband I'll close the doors going to the bedroom. It doesn't seem like Chrono can tell when a door is completely closed or if it's only open a crack, so if it's closed he'll charge head first into a door and bounce right off of it. And he's really persistent... so he'll do it a few times. I know it isn't nice, but it cracks me up every time watching him run straight into a door. I think the sound of Chrono running into the bedroom door probably wakes my husband up more than Chrono licking his face, so I'm probably not doing my husband any favors .

Last edited by Syaoransbear; 01-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 AM   #29478 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
Going to go out for supper with my MIL and FIL right away. They are currently staying at a hotel and going out for supper every night. They are taking a break from living in their house because it's too stressful with my SIL, her husband, and their two incredibly noisy children living there. And it's not just us who think they are loud, everyone thinks their kids cry, scream, and throw tantrums waayyy more often than average kids do(because they get rewarded for it! I never got ice cream just by screaming for it when I was growing up, although that works now ).

I just think this is so sad. My MIL and FIL can't even live in their own house, and it's so bad living there that they'd rather pay to stay in a hotel. I don't understand how my SIL and her husband don't feel absolutely horrible about forcibly moving into my inlaws house and flipping everyone's lives upside down. It should have been a big enough tip that they are horrendous to live with when me and my husband moved out of there and opted to waste $1200 a month to rent a house just to get away from them, but when my FIL and MIL would rather stay in a hotel than their own home just to get away from them? How do they not feel absolutely awful about the stress they have caused everyone? I mean, we hate children so it's understandable that we'd get sick of them pretty fast, but grandparents usually can't get enough of their grandchildren! I just don't understand it at all. Sure, they are saving money by living there rent free, but at the huge expense of everyone else. They could have made it easier on my MIL and FIL by cleaning up after themselves once in a while or cooking their own supper. It's like having two teenagers living there who also have a 2 and 4 year old.

I just... never in my life would I force someone out of their home for my own benefit. Everyone even offered to pay for their rent if it was about the money, but they were set on moving in because they thought moving into another apartment would be stressful on their kids . The intrusiveness is mind boggling. It's like bizarro world over there. No wonder when we were moving out of there all they did was sit around complaining about it getting cold in the house from us opening and closing the door instead of trying to help us load up the truck to speed things up; they have no concept of what being considerate is.

They haven't even come to visit their dog that I'm taking care of since we moved out, don't they miss her? Don't they want to know how she's doing? It's like having children made the parts of their brains responsible for caring about anyone but themselves completely melt.
wow... when grandparents are running for the hills its bad. Thats not even close to okay. I'd be telling them to get the heck out and deal with their own issues. Thats awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
I probably shouldn't laugh at this, but I always do. Most of the time we don't keep doors completely closed, so normally Chrono just runs up to a door and pushes the door open with his face. But when I have the dogs in at night and I don't want them bothering my husband I'll close the doors going to the bedroom. It doesn't seem like Chrono can tell when a door is completely closed or if it's only open a crack, so if it's closed he'll charge head first into a door and bounce right off of it. And he's really persistent... so he'll do it a few times. I know it isn't nice, but it cracks me up every time watching him run straight into a door. I think the sound of Chrono running into the bedroom door probably wakes my husband up more than Chrono licking his face, so I'm probably not doing my husband any favors .

LMAO!!! I needed that laugh. Thank you. Giggling brought to you by Chrono...
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #29479 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

sadest day ever!!!! I had to shave down a German shepherd!!! the owners are retarded and wanted him shaved because he shed too much. then don't get a German shepherd!!!!!!! people really piss me off sometimes. I cried as I was shaving him. his coat WAS really pretty now he looks really bad

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #29480 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My daughter is a pathological liar. She doesn't even hesitate in her lies. It's unbelievable. She was in counseling but all she does is blow smoke at the counselor and they buy it.

Me: How much hay does your horse have?
Her: 1/2 bale (large round bale)
Me: When was the last time you were out there to clean his shed?
Her: Last night
Me: He has NO hay at all. NONE. And his barn hasn't been cleaned all week. When was the last time you gave him his supplements?
Her: I was to out there last night and he had hay! I gave him supplements last night.
Me: Then where is the Bute?
Her: In the bin next to the horseshine
Me: No. I put the Bute IN the bag of Horseshine last time I gave him supplements and the scoop in the bucket where I knew you wouldn't put it.

Her: Stomp off to her room screaming about how I never wanted her and don't know anything about her and she's old enough to live where she wants at 16 years old.

yeah? I know you would rather lie and let your horse starve and live in a filthy barn than tell me the truth or just spend 15 minutes a night feeding him and picking his barn.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.