The Random Thread - Page 2946 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #29451 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

I have to say that I really dispise Rihanna's new song "shine bright like a diamond". every time I hear shine bright like a...click new station. except for today, the song came on and I changed the station, that station had the same song playing!!! every station I changed the radio too had Rihanna's annoying stupid song on.

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #29452 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCluver33 View Post
I have to say that I really dispise Rihanna's new song "shine bright like a diamond". every time I hear shine bright like a...click new station. except for today, the song came on and I changed the station, that station had the same song playing!!! every station I changed the radio too had Rihanna's annoying stupid song on.

that happens here a lot too. I havent heard that song but the only song from her i like is S&M so i'd likely be switching the station too.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #29453 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I really shouldn't be at work today. I still feel craptastic, and my throat feels like it's being attacked by a combination of fire and razor blades. It doesn't help that I'm unable to get any kind of decent sleep with the congestion, the throat, and the intermittent cough.

Unfortunately, we're having a farewell lunch for our intern today, and all the food was ordered with my card, soooo I have to be here to sign for it. Ugh. NOT thrilled about it.

I'm staying just long enough to eat some food myself (since I'm running on just a few bowls of soup from yesterday, which wasn't anywhere CLOSE to what I need calorie-wise), and then head home to try to get some sleep.

I ended up going to the barn last night, even though I should have stayed home. I couldn't handle being cooped up in the house any longer! The fresh air was nice, and getting out and moving helped...but they had me riding an Arab/QH cross who's a little nutcase. They like to refer to him as their sportscar horse. He is the laaaaziest creature when you're doing walk/trot, but the second you go into a canter? Oh boy. We did a loooooot of circling last night, and the little butthead STILL tried to bolt on me 2-3 times. And then he got mad that I was circling him, so he tried bucking for a few seconds. Sick or not, I worked that horse until he broke into a sweat, which is easier said than done with him. Unfortunately, that did me in, as well. He's a sweet boy, but MAN can that horse be neurotic. Shadows are out to get him. The lightpost is out to get him. The rubber mat is out to get him. The groundpoles are out to get him. The fence is out to get him. Everything is a terrifying monster.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #29454 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
I really shouldn't be at work today. I still feel craptastic, and my throat feels like it's being attacked by a combination of fire and razor blades. It doesn't help that I'm unable to get any kind of decent sleep with the congestion, the throat, and the intermittent cough.
Have you called your doctor? Didn't you post the other day that you had white spots on your throat? That's a sign of strep.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #29455 (permalink)
Crowned Member

white spots...razor blades = usually equals strep throat

And there is a nasty one going around. My son caught it. Before he got better he got much worse. Woke up, couldn't swallow, white turns to black and yellow.

Go to the doctors!

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #29456 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCluver33 View Post
I can't stand any of her music. I think she is extremely untalented. Her songs basically consist of the same 2-3 lines repeated over and over again. And they all have the same 'sound'. Same song, different line of words repeated. That's just my opinion..
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #29457 (permalink)
Master Member

FINALLY got an interview...Except the job is in Massachusetts so it's going to be a phone interview.
Anyone ever have a phone interview before? Not sure what to expect.
Greydusk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #29458 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have no real fever, so I don't THINK it's strep? If it doesn't get any better by tomorrow, I'll give the doc a call. Aside from how my throat looks, everything else I've got going on indicates all my usual nasty-cold symptoms.

I think if I could just get some sound sleep, I'd feel 10x better. Sadly, nothing has helped keep me asleep...and Baxter is so wound up from not getting walks that every time I woke up I'd suddenly have a wet nose in my face and I'd hear his tail waggin' away. At least he stopped trying to climb into bed WITH me.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #29459 (permalink)

Quote:
I have no real fever, so I don't THINK it's strep? If it doesn't get any better by tomorrow, I'll give the doc a call. Aside from how my throat looks, everything else I've got going on indicates all my usual nasty-cold symptoms.
Definitely call. I've had all different varying forms of strep. I got it once a month for 6 months straight while in college before I had my tonsils removed and it ranged from not being able to get out of bed to being fully functioning. If you don't get it cleared up properly, it just hangs out and reoccurs.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #29460 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
He's a sweet boy, but MAN can that horse be neurotic. Shadows are out to get him. The lightpost is out to get him. The rubber mat is out to get him. The groundpoles are out to get him. The fence is out to get him. Everything is a terrifying monster.
Sounds like my horse! He's afraid of his own shadow, literally.

I hope you feel better. The plague going around sounds horrible!

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.