The Random Thread - Page 2945 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #29441 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Well poop.

My throat has some white spots on it to go with the soreness, the congestion, the sneezing, and the aching.

Good thing we don't have any important meetings with important consultants this week that I'm coordinating!

....Oh wait. We do. And my manager is clueless without me on that stuff.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #29442 (permalink)
Master Member

I told my boyfriend his band could practice at our house since we're the only ones with a house as long as they were done by 10pm which was 6 minutes ago, he comes upstairs and says they're in a groove and its going to be a bit longer.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but it's loud, annoying and I'd like to relax before bed.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #29443 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
My husband has a friend who is bat-poop crazy. I guess they grew up down the street from each other until he was 12 and she was 10, when he moved away. They stayed in touch, he took her to her senior prom. She calls and texts constantly, and if he doesn't respond immediately, it gets worse. She asked him to be the godfather of her first child (9 years ago), when he hadn't even spoken to her in a few years. She's had two kids since and asked him to be the godfather both times, even though he talks to her maybe twice a year. She was FURIOUS when we didn't invite her to our wedding. Except that we eloped, and didn't invite our families, either. When he "proposed" a vow renewal, she invited herself. And her three unruly children. And her husband who we don't know (we have a total guest list of 40 people...all close family).

She harasses me on facebook constantly. I try and be nice, because I think she means well. Except stuff she's been telling me lately is a total lie.
I've been posting pics of my ridiculously cute niece, and commented to someone else that DH won't hold her because she's too small. She starts messaging me about how weird that is because he was there when her first daughter was born and held her all the time, and how excited that she is to bring her daughter to our wedding because DH is like a father to her.

DH didn't meet this chick's daughter until she was almost 6 (and, well, he was in Iraq when the girl was born). He's seen her three times in ten years (once was when she randomly showed up at her house with her two kids last year), and she asked him once again to be the god father of the kid she's pregnant with now.

I'm starting to get pretty creeped out. He switched phone carriers and got a local number for his business...apparently he didn't tell her, because she just started sending me angry messages about how he's avoiding her and won't return her calls.

ummm.... stalker anyone? Wow. That's.... wow.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #29444 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Redboxed some movies. Watched the new Footloose which I have to admit, is really good. Now I'm watching Dredd starring Karl Urban. Gotta say, I think I'm in love with this movie. and Karl Urban has a very appealing voice... Sends chills down my back whenever I hear him talk in his movies. Might be weird I know but man what a voice.
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #29445 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am all kinds of cranky today. I keep trying to go to that "happy place in my head" to refrain from beating my husband to death. I can't wait until we're out of here and he's happy again. I miss him.

I think I'm going to be brave and try and bake my own cake for our reception. I can't justify spending like $500 on a cake for 45 people. I think I'm going to do one tier for cutting and then cupcakes. I'm all about simple, so I think I can manage slathering on some buttercream and pre-ordered fondant leaves.
LoveEcho is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #29446 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
My husband has a friend who is bat-poop crazy. I guess they grew up down the street from each other until he was 12 and she was 10, when he moved away. They stayed in touch, he took her to her senior prom. She calls and texts constantly, and if he doesn't respond immediately, it gets worse. She asked him to be the godfather of her first child (9 years ago), when he hadn't even spoken to her in a few years. She's had two kids since and asked him to be the godfather both times, even though he talks to her maybe twice a year. She was FURIOUS when we didn't invite her to our wedding. Except that we eloped, and didn't invite our families, either. When he "proposed" a vow renewal, she invited herself. And her three unruly children. And her husband who we don't know (we have a total guest list of 40 people...all close family).

She harasses me on facebook constantly. I try and be nice, because I think she means well. Except stuff she's been telling me lately is a total lie.
I've been posting pics of my ridiculously cute niece, and commented to someone else that DH won't hold her because she's too small. She starts messaging me about how weird that is because he was there when her first daughter was born and held her all the time, and how excited that she is to bring her daughter to our wedding because DH is like a father to her.

DH didn't meet this chick's daughter until she was almost 6 (and, well, he was in Iraq when the girl was born). He's seen her three times in ten years (once was when she randomly showed up at her house with her two kids last year), and she asked him once again to be the god father of the kid she's pregnant with now.

I'm starting to get pretty creeped out. He switched phone carriers and got a local number for his business...apparently he didn't tell her, because she just started sending me angry messages about how he's avoiding her and won't return her calls.
Wow that is crazy, and I think it's weird saying that YOUR husband is like a father to HER children. That implies a lot of crazy things on her part! It sounds like she doesn't have any other friends, and I think she wants your husband to be a part of her life through force by making him a godfather to her children. Kind of like those crazy ladies who get pregnant because they don't want the father to leave them.

I'd cut ties with her and definitely not invite her to the wedding, especially if it's that intimate that it would make her think she's closer to you guys than she really is. It would just fuel her obsession, and she'd probably be pestering your husband the whole time. I have a little cousin that is weirdly obsessed with me and we invited her to the wedding. The entire duration of the dance she just followed me around and threatened to hurt my husband whenever she saw him, it was awful and really annoying.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #29447 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
Wow that is crazy, and I think it's weird saying that YOUR husband is like a father to HER children. That implies a lot of crazy things on her part! It sounds like she doesn't have any other friends, and I think she wants your husband to be a part of her life through force by making him a godfather to her children. Kind of like those crazy ladies who get pregnant because they don't want the father to leave them.

I'd cut ties with her and definitely not invite her to the wedding, especially if it's that intimate that it would make her think she's closer to you guys than she really is. It would just fuel her obsession, and she'd probably be pestering your husband the whole time. I have a little cousin that is weirdly obsessed with me and we invited her to the wedding. The entire duration of the dance she just followed me around and threatened to hurt my husband whenever she saw him, it was awful and really annoying.

Yeah, I'm afraid of NOT inviting her and having the result be something out of Fatal Attraction. Her father was a drunk who got her family wrapped up in some big scandal, and then he died when she was a young teen... I think she clings to my husband as some sort of last shred of her childhood or something. I feel bad for her... maybe she won't stay too long at the reception, lol.
LoveEcho is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #29448 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Yeah, I'm afraid of NOT inviting her and having the result be something out of Fatal Attraction. Her father was a drunk who got her family wrapped up in some big scandal, and then he died when she was a young teen... I think she clings to my husband as some sort of last shred of her childhood or something. I feel bad for her... maybe she won't stay too long at the reception, lol.

really agree that you shouldnt invite her! She's showing stalker behaviors that escalated after your husband changed his number and she started contacting you the way she did. Inviting her would definitely give her to wrong message.
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #29449 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Example of pretty much every recipe review ever on the internet: "This was fantastic! I give it 5 stars, even though I didn't follow the recipe at all and substituted all of the ingredients for their polar opposites." Honestly, if you are changing the recipe why bother reviewing something you didn't really try?
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #29450 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Watching Dredd again. I'm in love with Karl Urban's voice.
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.