The Random Thread - Page 2944 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #29431 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieJ View Post
I live the dream.....words fail me how Gar screwed up this week. Let's just put it at somewhere at:
Either you are hearing me or you don't give a mad rats *censored*....and this week I think it's toward the second one.....too tired to even fight about it. Good luck.
I hear ya. I'm fully confident that he'll be back to his usual self once we get out of Cape Cod.. only 4 more months

I'm just exhausted.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #29432 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I got offered the job at the kennel. Except that they want 12 hour shifts.... I'm trying to minimize the stress and exhaustion, I'm not sure shoveling dog poo for 12 straight hours for minimum wage is going to do that. Sigh.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #29433 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ugh they totally lied about the frequency of how much they show this house. We are renting it from my husbands boss, and he said that they hadn't had anyone look at the house for over a month. The second we move in, suddenly there's all this interest. No exaggerating, the day we were moving into this place we got a call saying that there's going to be a showing the next day. We weren't nearly finished unpacking and had to move most of our stuff into storage.

We have to show the house on average about twice a week. It pretty much takes up the entire day. For one thing, I have to clean the house. Like, super clean it. Not just put things away or clean it as if company is company, I mean like do a full overhaul cleaning twice a week because they will be looking in EVERY room and EVERY closet and EVERY cupboard and every corner of this stupid house. And they always have these showings right in the afternoon, so I spend the mornings cleanings and then I have to leave the house and take the dogs with me for a few hours. Basically if I have anything planned that day, it's not happening. It's so intrusive to our lives. We only have one vehicle so my husband has to come home from work to pick me up and drop me off at my mom's while they are showing the house. If I knew they were showing the house this frequently I wouldn't have moved in. The rent for this house is a little steep considering how often I'm not allowed to be in it.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #29434 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
Ugh they totally lied about the frequency of how much they show this house. We are renting it from my husbands boss, and he said that they hadn't had anyone look at the house for over a month. The second we move in, suddenly there's all this interest. No exaggerating, the day we were moving into this place we got a call saying that there's going to be a showing the next day. We weren't nearly finished unpacking and had to move most of our stuff into storage.

We have to show the house on average about twice a week. It pretty much takes up the entire day. For one thing, I have to clean the house. Like, super clean it. Not just put things away or clean it as if company is company, I mean like do a full overhaul cleaning twice a week because they will be looking in EVERY room and EVERY closet and EVERY cupboard and every corner of this stupid house. And they always have these showings right in the afternoon, so I spend the mornings cleanings and then I have to leave the house and take the dogs with me for a few hours. Basically if I have anything planned that day, it's not happening. It's so intrusive to our lives. We only have one vehicle so my husband has to come home from work to pick me up and drop me off at my mom's while they are showing the house. If I knew they were showing the house this frequently I wouldn't have moved in. The rent for this house is a little steep considering how often I'm not allowed to be in it.

if you're renting it, why are they still showing it?!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #29435 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I got offered the job at the kennel. Except that they want 12 hour shifts.... I'm trying to minimize the stress and exhaustion, I'm not sure shoveling dog poo for 12 straight hours for minimum wage is going to do that. Sigh.
Maybe you can teach Echo to shovel it for you.

GSD slaves...
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #29436 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post

Wouldn't clean if they are not going to comp you on the rent.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #29437 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
if you're renting it, why are they still showing it?!
We're just renting it until they sell it unfortunately. We're sort of killing time until my inlaws move out of our basement suite because I was going completely insane living with them. But if there's this much interest in winter, it's going to be unlivable in spring because there will probably be a showing like every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
Wouldn't clean if they are not going to comp you on the rent.
Yeah we should really bring it up to them. They should at least pay for all the cleaning supplies I use.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #29438 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My husband has a friend who is bat-poop crazy. I guess they grew up down the street from each other until he was 12 and she was 10, when he moved away. They stayed in touch, he took her to her senior prom. She calls and texts constantly, and if he doesn't respond immediately, it gets worse. She asked him to be the godfather of her first child (9 years ago), when he hadn't even spoken to her in a few years. She's had two kids since and asked him to be the godfather both times, even though he talks to her maybe twice a year. She was FURIOUS when we didn't invite her to our wedding. Except that we eloped, and didn't invite our families, either. When he "proposed" a vow renewal, she invited herself. And her three unruly children. And her husband who we don't know (we have a total guest list of 40 people...all close family).

She harasses me on facebook constantly. I try and be nice, because I think she means well. Except stuff she's been telling me lately is a total lie.
I've been posting pics of my ridiculously cute niece, and commented to someone else that DH won't hold her because she's too small. She starts messaging me about how weird that is because he was there when her first daughter was born and held her all the time, and how excited that she is to bring her daughter to our wedding because DH is like a father to her.

DH didn't meet this chick's daughter until she was almost 6 (and, well, he was in Iraq when the girl was born). He's seen her three times in ten years (once was when she randomly showed up at her house with her two kids last year), and she asked him once again to be the god father of the kid she's pregnant with now.

I'm starting to get pretty creeped out. He switched phone carriers and got a local number for his business...apparently he didn't tell her, because she just started sending me angry messages about how he's avoiding her and won't return her calls.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #29439 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Baxter is such a diva.

I'm definitely sick, so I don't want to do much more than veg on the couch and be miserable. I've watched a few episodes of a show I got for Christmas, and he is POUTING. The dog wouldn't come near me the entire time the tv was on. He'd get into things he typically doesn't care about, and would bark at the slightest noise.

Turn the tv off and he hops up onto the couch and is all Mr. Snuggles...until I try to pet him. Then he turns his head away. And now he's giving me the stink eye because I'm on my phone.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #29440 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
My husband has a friend who is bat-poop crazy. I guess they grew up down the street from each other until he was 12 and she was 10, when he moved away. They stayed in touch, he took her to her senior prom. She calls and texts constantly, and if he doesn't respond immediately, it gets worse. She asked him to be the godfather of her first child (9 years ago), when he hadn't even spoken to her in a few years. She's had two kids since and asked him to be the godfather both times, even though he talks to her maybe twice a year. She was FURIOUS when we didn't invite her to our wedding. Except that we eloped, and didn't invite our families, either. When he "proposed" a vow renewal, she invited herself. And her three unruly children. And her husband who we don't know (we have a total guest list of 40 people...all close family).

She harasses me on facebook constantly. I try and be nice, because I think she means well. Except stuff she's been telling me lately is a total lie.
I've been posting pics of my ridiculously cute niece, and commented to someone else that DH won't hold her because she's too small. She starts messaging me about how weird that is because he was there when her first daughter was born and held her all the time, and how excited that she is to bring her daughter to our wedding because DH is like a father to her.

DH didn't meet this chick's daughter until she was almost 6 (and, well, he was in Iraq when the girl was born). He's seen her three times in ten years (once was when she randomly showed up at her house with her two kids last year), and she asked him once again to be the god father of the kid she's pregnant with now.

I'm starting to get pretty creeped out. He switched phone carriers and got a local number for his business...apparently he didn't tell her, because she just started sending me angry messages about how he's avoiding her and won't return her calls.
That is like..shrine in the closet creepy. And it almost sounds frightening.. hope it settles!
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.