The Random Thread - Page 2943 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #29421 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am SO glad that my mandatory time spent with my oldest sister is done and over with. She was in an absolutely foul mood for the few hours that she had to be with us, was fact-checking half of what any of us said on her phone, and arguing over everything. She may be ill...but she is also an absolutely horrid, miserable person. She spent the entire time scowling at us, being rude, and left as soon as she possibly could. Unfortunately, that meant my niece and her wife had to leave as well, which is too bad.

They DID, however, sneak over for a quick visit before they took off, which was lovely! I adore them both, and it's so nice to see them without my sister around. Sadly, they had to do this late enough that my sister wouldn't think they were doing it, so it wasn't a long visit...but still. It was something, and it was nice to have them around when we weren't all tense and feeling like we were walking on eggshells trying not to set off the ticking bomb that is my sister.

Saturday morning was so emotionally and mentally exhausting that I didn't even end up going to the barn for my riding lesson. I was in too crappy of a mood, and the horse I ride is so jumpy/touchy as it is with getting so little work (it's downtime, so there are only a handful of lessons being taught as opposed to the multiple ones there typically are), and I knew it would just be a bad experience for both of us. I'm STILL exhausted...

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #29422 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I hate my husband sometimes.

...did I just say that?

No really. I mean, I like that his personality is snarky/sarcastic/sort of dickish. But when he's stressed (which is basically the last few months), he turns into the black hole that devours all light and from which there is no escape.
I call mine Captain Jack Butt when he gets like that. It's a horrible thing to deal with. I understand.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11

Last edited by gsdraven; 01-07-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: psuedo cursing is against board rules
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #29423 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Okay, so....Had the interview. I don't want to say either way how it went, but it SEEMED to go well. They seemed to like the fact that I came prepared, they sounded impressed with the answers I gave to their questions, they asked me a number of questions...Which I think is generally a good sign in an interview.

The amazing thing I found out:

50....50! People applied for this position....And out of 50, they narrowed it down to 9. I was one of the 9 they selected. That, in and of itself, makes me feel good. This week they said they're narrowing it down to three and will let me know either way.

I don't want to get my hopes up, only to be let down...So I'll go by my motto: Expect the worst, hope for the best.

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #29424 (permalink)
Crowned Member

can this month end already? i'm just ready for january to be over.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #29425 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh boy. As many of ya'll know already, hubby broke his leg yesterday. I really don't mind doing EVERYTHING for the dude. But dang it, he makes a sloppy drugged out patient. He's driving me crazy and this is just day two.

Hubby: Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey.
Me: I'm right here.
Hubby: Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you.
Me: What is it you need?
Hubby: Hee hee hee. I don't remember.

Thank GOD we've taught Hondo how to pick things up. I'm going to have to double his pay.

Maggie is his official butt end. That's like a book end, but she wedges herself between the arm of the chair and his butt. Keeps him put.

Oops...gotta go. I hear him moaning again...
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #29426 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Very Professional Physician Care, Towanda....I call this morning to find out hours to get Haley a flu shot. They are open till 6pm, no problem if I'm there between 5-6pm. I leave work an hour early. I call again at 4:10pm to tell them I'll be there about 5:30. I get home, get Haley, race to town, and get to the office at 5:40pm...still 20 minutes before they close...AND THE DOORS ARE LOCKED. So I ask you...if you miss an appointment, they will send you a bill...I wonder if they'll pay the bill I'm going to send them. And why should I go back there?

Let's see $20/hr for lost time and my time to go there and back = $40
Expenses for gas and wear and tear on the car = $10
Emotional stress from being so mad = $200,000

Yep that'll do it.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #29427 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I hate my husband sometimes.

...did I just say that?

No really. I mean, I like that his personality is snarky/sarcastic/sort of dickish. But when he's stressed (which is basically the last few months), he turns into the black hole that devours all light and from which there is no escape.
I live the dream.....words fail me how Gar screwed up this week. Let's just put it at somewhere at:
Either you are hearing me or you don't give a mad rats *censored*....and this week I think it's toward the second one.....too tired to even fight about it. Good luck.
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #29428 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I've been sneezing like crazy the past few days, my nose has been stuffy, and my throat has been sore from drainage...and now I have a headache of epic proportions.

I think I need to load up on the vitamin C when I get home from work. I can NOT get sick right now!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #29429 (permalink)
Elite Member

Today I just want to scream. It's like a volcano welling up in me. I can feel it.

I'm trying to think of something positive, I hate being so negative but I just can't seem to grasp anything right now.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #29430 (permalink)
Elite Member

CHristina, go look at all the puppy pictures, that way your lava spewing will be laughter ... not anger!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.