The Random Thread - Page 2942 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #29411 (permalink)
Elite Member

Part of me would love to work at our dog park (but it's run by the city and not really monitored) ... but then I'd have to deal with idiot dog owners LOL so I'd get too frustrated ... if people just dropped their dogs off and the "great" dog owners stayed it would be awesome!!!!

Danielle - that's an awesome dog park!
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #29412 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I hate my husband sometimes.

...did I just say that?

No really. I mean, I like that his personality is snarky/sarcastic/sort of dickish. But when he's stressed (which is basically the last few months), he turns into the black hole that devours all light and from which there is no escape.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #29413 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Well, got news from the job interview.....Didn't get it. Heard about this Friday. It bummed me out all morning. The day progressively got better as I realized it wasn't the end of the world. Then it did a complete 180...

I checked my email only to find a response from a Photographer/Digital Tech position I had faxed my resume into about a week ago. I hadn't heard back so I assumed there was no interest. They want an interview tomorrow (Monday) at 1pm! You guys have NO idea how huge this is for me!! It's $19/hr to start, full time, plus medical. Not to mention it's in my field. I know this stuff like the back of my hand.

I already checked with some past Photographers I've assisted/interned with, clients I've done work for and asked if I could use them as references, and they've told me they would give me stellar references...I'm going to do this, and do it well. Go in with confidence, pride in myself, my work...And do the best I can. This job is mine!

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #29414 (permalink)
Elite Member

Oh Melina, I'll cross my fingers for you, but you probably won't need it!!!! Knock their socks off girl and kick butt!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #29415 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Well, got news from the job interview.....Didn't get it. Heard about this Friday. It bummed me out all morning. The day progressively got better as I realized it wasn't the end of the world. Then it did a complete 180...

I checked my email only to find a response from a Photographer/Digital Tech position I had faxed my resume into about a week ago. I hadn't heard back so I assumed there was no interest. They want an interview tomorrow (Monday) at 1pm! You guys have NO idea how huge this is for me!! It's $19/hr to start, full time, plus medical. Not to mention it's in my field. I know this stuff like the back of my hand.

I already checked with some past Photographers I've assisted/interned with, clients I've done work for and asked if I could use them as references, and they've told me they would give me stellar references...I'm going to do this, and do it well. Go in with confidence, pride in myself, my work...And do the best I can. This job is mine!
Good Luck to you Melina!
Loneforce is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #29416 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

Quote:

good luck!!!! you'll do great

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #29417 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks guys I so want this job, and I'm going to get it!!

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #29418 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Every one needs a dog park like I have!!! Bruce Pit - Ottawa's Premier Dog Park

It's massive and even if there are idiots there, it's big enough to be able to avoid anyone!!!
I also love our dog parks! The key is definitely size. The one I usually go to is 150 acres, I can't remember how big the other one is but it's beside a huge walking trail that isn't an official dog park but you can still walk your dog off leash there too. I also like how they stretch along our river so I never need to bring water and the dogs can always cool off and swim in the summer.

We had an incident recently where someone was doing to same thing with an american bulldog. The owner was standing next to the entrance with her dog on leash, and any time a dog went close to hers it lunged out and reacted. She was trying to see if it was friendly. It was unbelievable. You don't test your dog on strange dogs at dog parks. That's like the police letting a violent criminal loose at a mall to see how he/she does with people!
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #29419 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Part of me would love to work at our dog park (but it's run by the city and not really monitored) ... but then I'd have to deal with idiot dog owners LOL so I'd get too frustrated ... if people just dropped their dogs off and the "great" dog owners stayed it would be awesome!!!!

Danielle - that's an awesome dog park!
I'm lucky that with the price of our park, there aren't *too* many idiot owners.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #29420 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Thanks guys I so want this job, and I'm going to get it!!
Crossing my fingers all goes well!

We'll talk soon. Kat
KatsMuse is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.