The Random Thread - Page 2940 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #29391 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
One of the big (well, only) bummers about not having the vow renewal at my parent's is that the dog can't be there Is it weird to email the guy at the Inn and ask if they'd be ok with us just taking a few pictures with him outside? My parents live down the road so it'd be easy to drop him off after....
I say go for it! Worst thing they can do is say no. Sam and I did all of our pictures with Baxter at my parents' house - you could always do the pictures with him there, if the inn isn't thrilled about it?

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #29392 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
Oh my god, that is TERRIBLE... I hope the dog can be saved....what was the girl's reaction?!

One of the big (well, only) bummers about not having the vow renewal at my parent's is that the dog can't be there Is it weird to email the guy at the Inn and ask if they'd be ok with us just taking a few pictures with him outside? My parents live down the road so it'd be easy to drop him off after....

she seemed upset but then she was also checking her phone too so I dont know if she was freaked about dropping her phone and it getting scuffed or if she was actually concerned that because of her stupid move, her dog got hit by a car. I hope the dog can be saved too. He didn't look too bad physically but there was blood and internal injuries can be what gets them. its a 35mph zone on the street the dog was hit and 40mph on the cross street that I was on. Her friends were freaking out though. I hope her parents rip her a new one for that whether the dog lives or doesnt make it. Extremely stupid and irresponsible.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #29393 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm so annoyed. My husband is the best man at his brother's wedding so he was in charge of the bachelor party. His brother is a chef and a major foodie so he just wanted to have a 5 course meal at this fancy restaurant that he likes, so since my husband planned it we're stuck with the $1500 bill. That's not the terrible part, the terrible part is that his brother knew that about 5 or so of the guests couldn't make it because they had to work and he never told my husband that when my husband gave final numbers to the restaurant even though he knew like two weeks before my husband had to give final numbers. We had to pay the higher number, either the amount of people we quoted them or the amount of people that came. So we had to pay for 5 guests that never showed up. So on top of already spending a lot of money, about $600 of it was completely and utterly wasted. We might as well have burnt it. Maybe it's just me, but I just find that so painfully rude and insensitive. He's a chef, it's not like he didn't know we'd have to pay for the people who didn't attend.

He didn't even tell us until we were at the restaurant and commented on the empty spots. It was so annoying how casual he was about it too, like it wasn't a big deal how much money he made us waste. I guess that's what happens when your dad is a wealthy surgeon, since my husband's sister is costing us $1200 a month by making us move out of our basement suite. They just have absolutely no concept of money when it isn't their own.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #29394 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am getting it figured out who did this, a they drove by my house as I was letting a dog in and I looked up only to give the "bad look" and now they have drove by my house full speed three times now. I have to work today but, what loosers!!! My dog was going to help me that is (why I think my window was cracked, but I did not scream or call a name, I fought back!
harmony is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #29395 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I live ten feet from a dirt road, dead end, that only one car could fit down it (one at a time), and we have these people wanting to go 50, 60 miles an hour down here. I can not even let my kids outside without standing over top of them, so we do not get to go outside much around here!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #29396 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It is a power trip man (I think) and if I ever get attacked like that again, I will cut it off or let my dog bite it off!!!

Last edited by harmony; 01-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #29397 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I hate to take without giving something. I hope I helped someone. I have to go to work now but, I have been trying to heal and sleep every chance I get, my face is scared for good this time...
Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #29398 (permalink)
Master Member

Why can't people have a better handle on their animals. Partly my fault, I was going to the dog park to meet up with my regular group so our dogs could play/blow off some steam..it's been a while since I've gone so I didn't know some of the people there. I know remember why I've been avoiding the place for so long.

We were just thru the gates, Gaia was still leashed and this beast of a pit comes out of no where and attacks Gaia. I was too shocked to react, she didn't want to back down, it could have been a mess. Luckily I managed to separate them after what felt like forever but was only a couple seconds, Gaia has a little cut under her eye (according to the vet it's causing me more pain than her). Idiot dog owner, who seems like the type to own a pit because of the reputation they have, comes up to me as I'm crying putting the dog back in the car telling me that his dog is 5 years old and he thought he should test him out around other dogs before getting another one..because a dog park is a place to do that..tells me I'm over reacting and to let dogs be dogs..by the expression on my boyfriends face when I got home, he's lucky I was alone.

Thankfully Gaia's a trooper, she didn't bat an eye when the vet was cleaning her cut and is running around the house like nothing is wrong. Last weekend she breaks her toenail and now this..it's been a rough couple of weeks for her.

We'll stick to fields and training class, I can't handle going thru that again.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #29399 (permalink)
Elite Member

Every one needs a dog park like I have!!! Bruce Pit - Ottawa's Premier Dog Park

It's massive and even if there are idiots there, it's big enough to be able to avoid anyone!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #29400 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Every one needs a dog park like I have!!! Bruce Pit - Ottawa's Premier Dog Park

It's massive and even if there are idiots there, it's big enough to be able to avoid anyone!!!
I have been toying around with the idea of moving to Ottawa/Montreal..I miss the city.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.