The Random Thread - Page 2935 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #29341 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm keeping two of my sister's horses while she is on vacation. I kept her feed/hay in her trailer just because it's easier. This morning I fell OUT of her trailer. Stubbed my toe and smacked my head.

Somehow this is Mike's fault. I know it is.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #29342 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Holy smokes. I just walked across our office and busted my butt again! I'm going to need a cane before the day is over. Wonder if I can find me a zombie cane...one that doubles as a sword or something.

Again...this is all Mike's fault.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #29343 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Holy smokes. I just walked across our office and busted my butt again! I'm going to need a cane before the day is over. Wonder if I can find me a zombie cane...one that doubles as a sword or something.

Again...this is all Mike's fault.
Amazon. They have everything.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #29344 (permalink)
Crowned Member

gear and my size, I can be quite intimidating. TE=evybear15;2670186]I need to mentally prepare myself to deal with my oldest sister on Saturday.

That pretty much settles it. I'm bringing Baxter. I'll keep him on leash if need be, but....he provides a buffer. She hates him. She thinks he's a vicious creature who should only be handled by FBI/CIA/Police/whatever. I guess the money I spent on him to work on his training to get him to be a polite, well-mannered dog was also irresponsible. As was getting a GSD. Or just about any other thing I do with me life.

Okay. I'm done. I just needed to vent all of this. Ugh. [/QUOTE]

Want me to get in my SRT turnout gear and "handle" Baxter for you?
I love making people like that uncomfortable. With all my gear
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #29345 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My brain is still on vacation. Ugh. Anyways, I learned yesterday that the older GSD we were going to adopt did find a home with a veterinarian friend of his. I didn't want to post it on FB (I'm friends with the owner and didn't want to seem like I was bad-mouthing), but we ended up not going through with it because she had a host of health issues (thyroid, and others) that we just aren't financially equipped to deal with right now

Evan--your sister sounds like a total piece of work. She sounds exactly like my sister in law's sister. I have no idea how either of you deal with that! My SIL's sister insisted on a certain date for her baby shower. The day before said date, she texted her saying she wasn't coming because Michelle is always such a (bad word) to her (not true...my SIL is the SWEETEST person on this planet), and that she doesn't want her to rub her face in how much of a screw up she is, so she's not going to come and it's Michelle's fault. This was SO out of the blue. She threw a fit when my bro and SIL got married because she didn't want pink bridesmaids dresses. She threw a fit when my mom, not their mom (who basically abandoned them and then showed up again in their lives as adults) was in the room when she gave birth. Every event in my SIL's life is about Jenny. It's crazy. I'm such a doormat, I don't know how I'd handle that.

Randy-- I love the image that conjures, lol!

Last edited by LoveEcho; 01-03-2013 at 10:50 AM.
LoveEcho is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #29346 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
gear and my size, I can be quite intimidating. TE=evybear15;2670186]I need to mentally prepare myself to deal with my oldest sister on Saturday.

That pretty much settles it. I'm bringing Baxter. I'll keep him on leash if need be, but....he provides a buffer. She hates him. She thinks he's a vicious creature who should only be handled by FBI/CIA/Police/whatever. I guess the money I spent on him to work on his training to get him to be a polite, well-mannered dog was also irresponsible. As was getting a GSD. Or just about any other thing I do with me life.

Okay. I'm done. I just needed to vent all of this. Ugh.
Want me to get in my SRT turnout gear and "handle" Baxter for you?
I love making people like that uncomfortable. With all my gear[/QUOTE]

Ha! That is a very tempting offer, Randy. I mean, Baxter is SUCH a vicious beast, after all. Those photos I post on Facebook clearly indicate that he's just waiting for the chance to maul someone.

She's teeny tiny (by which I mean 4'7" - even I tower over her), so you'd look HUGE compared to her!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #29347 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My quote and post got screwed up somehow.
I would have a blast with her. I have almost 2 feet on her.

I refuse to do family drama, got enough at work.
I have one brother so it's never an issue. Audrey's family always has something going on. She's the oldest of 4. Plus, my MIL doesn't think any of the husbands are good enough for her daughters.
I left Christmas early this year because everyone got mad at me.
Her sister showed up, drunk. Fine, but she was driving and I chewed her out real hard. I DETEST impared driving, especially at Christmas. (I had a 7 year old girl die in my arms on Christmas Eve as the result of a drunk driver and have never gotten over it)
Of course, I was the bad guy. I told them all a few things and left. Funny, no one has spoken to me in a month. It's been AWESOME.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #29348 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandGunnar View Post
My quote and post got screwed up somehow.
I would have a blast with her. I have almost 2 feet on her.

I refuse to do family drama, got enough at work.
I have one brother so it's never an issue. Audrey's family always has something going on. She's the oldest of 4. Plus, my MIL doesn't think any of the husbands are good enough for her daughters.
I left Christmas early this year because everyone got mad at me.
Her sister showed up, drunk. Fine, but she was driving and I chewed her out real hard. I DETEST impared driving, especially at Christmas. (I had a 7 year old girl die in my arms on Christmas Eve as the result of a drunk driver and have never gotten over it)
Of course, I was the bad guy. I told them all a few things and left. Funny, no one has spoken to me in a month. It's been AWESOME.
Yeah, impaired driving isn't okay. Ever. I certainly can't blame you for chewing her out! And at least they've left you alone - sounds like a definite plus.

I get along great with my immediate family. Sure, my brother and I argue here and there, but never anything serious. I get along fine with my older sister (not the crazy one), and great with my younger brother. Same with my parents, and ABSOLUTELY with my niece and her wife. I adore them. It's really just this one particular sister. Her boyfriend is the nicest guy ever, I honestly don't know how he puts up with it. Buuuut she is also rather manipulative and is fantastic at making us all out to be the bad guys.

I really don't put up with her - I simply remain civil toward her to reduce the stress for my mom. I see her maybe 3-4 times per year, despite the fact that she only lives 20 minutes away.

My favorite part about her complaint about Baxter was that he was passed out on my feet while she was saying it all. However, if my mom starts looking stressed...I suppose I'll leave my man-killer dog at home.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #29349 (permalink)
Elite Member

Evan some people are so miserable they just want everyone else to be too. Just be sweet as sugar to her, it really annoys people like that.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #29350 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sad... My mom asked me to leave Baxter at home on Saturday. Poor vicious beast will simply have to wait for another day to be a..well..vicious beast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.