The Random Thread - Page 2934 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #29331 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am now tick free. My life is back to normal. I had no idea that people can get staph from ticks. Glad I went to the doctor.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #29332 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am with you Nancy. I am in surgery a lot, feed my dogs raw, am the go to for the farmers for minor injuries, and am in manure management ( those of us with livestock, horses, animals who isn't) but a tick will make me weak in the knees! I can even deal with maggots but not those bloodsuckers!

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #29333 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
I can even deal with maggots but not those bloodsuckers!
Isn't that the silliest thing ever? My BP was even high. She laughed at me, but said she normally sees men come in for tick removeal. So I didn't feel so bad. Then she said, "I think you need to lay down for this." Of course, she was right.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #29334 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

A friend informed me he is putting a deposit down on a Labradoodle litter, which will then set him back $2500.

Amazing. I tried to talk him out of it but I failed.

What makes those dogs worth $2500? Anyone?
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #29335 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
A friend informed me he is putting a deposit down on a Labradoodle litter, which will then set him back $2500.

Amazing. I tried to talk him out of it but I failed.

What makes those dogs worth $2500? Anyone?
They have a cool name?

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #29336 (permalink)

I have to go pick up Jonah's ashes tomorrow. As much as I want them home, I also don't want to face the vets office.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #29337 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So sorry Jamie. When I had to pick up Clover, that was the time it actually hit me.
I passed the place where she was cremated a few times(it was on the way to my daughters friends house and I had to go by ) when her remains were there, and it was bad, but not like it was when I had to actually bring the box with the certificate home.
The office girl Sherry, gave my a very comforting hug when I picked up Clover, what a sweetie she is/ the only one I miss from that office.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #29338 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Interview seemed to go well...I was there for quite some time, they seemed to show interest. I should know by Friday either way they told me. I'm hoping I get this job, like I said...I really need this, it will look great on my resume and be good experience for me. Don't want to get my hopes up though...

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #29339 (permalink)
Crowned Member

feel like I'm stuck. SSDD ya know? So much I need to get done but despite having the time to do it, I still don't have the time. I need DAYS to get through the biggest project I have but it's been too cold to spend much time outside and I don't have anyone to watch the kids for the time I need them to be watched right now. Working on getting bills paid off/down quickly. Getting jittery on a large scale from not being able to burn off some energy because of no babysitter and too cold outside. Even Shasta is getting jittery and she's LAZY! We both just need a good hard hike.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #29340 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I need to mentally prepare myself to deal with my oldest sister on Saturday.

I've mentioned here a few times before, but she is a real piece of work. She has made it very, VERY clear that I have no business concerning myself with her personal life. In her words, I am only a half sister, and am therefore nothing to her. I can accept this. No problem. We can be civil when we see each other, we can ignore each other any other time, and we are perfectly fine with that arrangement.

But then she just HAS to go and concern herself with my personal life. My niece and her wife are coming into town to do a belated Christmas celebration as they were with my niece's wife's family for the holidays. They're only in town for a little while, which is disappointing, but they're both incredibly busy, so it's understandable. We were going to do a morning thing - breakfast, gifts, hanging out. 9:00am is too early for them (they are NOT morning people), so we pushed it back to 10:00am. I'm up early regardless, so it's no big deal for my. My only conflict is that I need to leave by 1:15 to get to my riding lesson. Does this mean that they have to all disperse? Not at all! Just me. Only me. We could do an evening thing, I just couldn't get there until 5:00, unless they want me smelling like a horse. They could start without me, no problem!

So then my delightful oldest sister decides that she needs to question my spending. After all, people "my age" ONLY take riding lessons if they're training for the Olympics or have their own horse. I guess she doesn't realize that some people actually enjoy life and have these things called "hobbies." Things they get enjoyment out of - and, as an added bonus, it's a great workout! I guess all those people out there taking dance lessons are stupid. Or painting classes. Or sculpture. Or any other HOBBY that is simply a frivolous waste of time and money. After all, this must be financially irresponsible of me - three years ago I couldn't afford internet! Oh. Wait. Three years ago? Sam was at a crappy job with awful pay after being unemployed for half a year, leaving me to cover all of the bills. Three years ago? We had just bought a house and were recovering from the initial expenses (closing costs, inspection fees, blahblahblah). Now? Sam has a better income. I have a better income. I do ONE THING for my own personal enjoyment, and I carefully plan and budget for it. But somehow...this is her concern. She's angry that we didn't set aside out ENTIRE DAY for family. Now, had this been something we asked of her? She'd tell us that she was busy. Couldn't make it. Couldn't possibly move her appointments. Her things are more important. But, because it's me...it's rude.

I know I shouldn't let her get to me, but...she does. She always will. She is such an angry person who seems intent on belittling everyone of us, questioning our motives, fact-checking my mother on everything that she says/posts (seriously, not joking). I don't understand how she can live like this. Can't she simply find something in life to enjoy? Something to wipe the constant scowl off of her face?

That pretty much settles it. I'm bringing Baxter. I'll keep him on leash if need be, but....he provides a buffer. She hates him. She thinks he's a vicious creature who should only be handled by FBI/CIA/Police/whatever. I guess the money I spent on him to work on his training to get him to be a polite, well-mannered dog was also irresponsible. As was getting a GSD. Or just about any other thing I do with me life.

Okay. I'm done. I just needed to vent all of this. Ugh.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.