The Random Thread - Page 2933 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #29321 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I was cut, and I have to say I would never call a dog in, because I was not ready to lose!! Not that a dog would lose but, I had it!
harmony is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #29322 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
I was cut from one side to other(on my face), it was the worst on my nose and they tried to(cut me ) do it eye to eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
I was cut, and I have to say I would never call a dog in, because I was not ready to lose!! Not that a dog would lose but, I had it!

WTH????Who cut you and why??? Did you call the police?!

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #29323 (permalink)
Master Member

Came to the laundromat to do my laundry.
Put my load in and sat down to relax and wait..
When a Roach decided he was allowed to join me. He was just creeping up on me like we were friends..

I need a new place to wash my laundry. ): ew.
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #29324 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm so frustrated. A couple days ago my husband's family made plans to come over to our place for supper tonight to see the new acreage(since previously when they planned to come over they ditched at the last second) and I wasn't really informed until yesterday. So all day and yesterday I've been preparing food and rushing around to grocery stores trying to find what I need and trying to clean up the place. It didn't help that last night the usual grocery store that we go to closed at 6pm, so we had to go to this other grocery store that was open and that charges nearly double for everything for absolutely no reason.

So then I throw down a bunch of money on food and I get to work preparing food because some things I wanted to make in advance like my caesar salad(I make my own dressing which takes at least a day to achieve the right flavor), a meringue pie, and a chocolate whip cream cake because I would be too busy cooking other things the next day and we were also helping my BIL move.

So today we came into the city to help my BIL move his fiance's stuff to his apartment before we go to our place for supper. My MIL went to invite her parents to our place for supper, but her father is in a wheel chair and there were too many stairs in our house so he couldn't come. He threw a fit about us having supper here and him not being able to come. My MIL was crying(this seems to be a pretty regular occurrence these days so whatever) and apparently there were tears on her dad's end too. So instead of everyone coming out for supper to see our acreage, which was the entire point of having supper together, they decided to have supper at the grandparents house instead to appease my MIL's father. But it's last minute so we have to bring the food we made since they didn't make anything.

Well great. So I spent all day cleaning, I have a bunch of food at home that I made for like 15 people, I wasted like $200 dollars, all for people to not show up because grandpa decided that if he couldn't go, no one can. I brought some food over to their place but most of it just couldn't travel because we don't really have things to carry food in since we're newly moved out and just have the basics. I was like balancing an uncovered cake on a plate on my lap the whole drive there :/.

And then of course my BIL's fiance's family is very religious and won't allow their daughter to live with my BIL before they are married, so when they moved her stuff to his apartment, guess what? Now he can't live there until after the wedding because she's living there now! So I said he could stay at our house until after the wedding. He was supposed to be coming tonight, so after the supper at my husband's grandparent's house we came home, I cleaned up the place, moved the futon into a bedroom so he could have somewhere private to stay, and made the bed. Then he texts me and says he isn't coming tonight afterall. UGH.

I'm just getting really tired of this. Until the plans are actually happening, I'm just going to always assume that people are going to flake out or change their minds.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #29325 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I admit it. I'm a whimp. There are certain things that I just can't handle. Injured, bleeding animals? I'm in knee deep. People? I'm all about doing everything I can. I don't panic. Put me in a situation where quick, clear thinking is needed and people turn to me. Seriously.

BUT! Let me find a single, disgusting, evil, blood sucking tick on my stomach and I'm weak kneed and grossed out.

Of course it's in a place where I can't clearly see it because of my ample bossoms. I noticed it while getting out of the shower this morning.

My nephew volunteered to remove it, but it was much too early in the morning for picking and pulling and/or burning and/or smothering. He found it very entertaining to watch me do the "I'm totally grossed out" dance down the hall way.

I think a quick trip up to the doctor this morning is what is warranted. I can lay down. I can close my eyes. I can pretend I'm not having a disgusting evil bug removed from my skin. ARGH!!!!!!!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #29326 (permalink)
Master Member

I need to move far away from here. Like..yesterday
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #29327 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The vet is taking a look at my pony today and x-raying her legs. I have been waiting for this since before Christmas. They should have rescheduled Christmas so I could get everything with the pony checked out sooner.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #29328 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfreckles View Post
The vet is taking a look at my pony today and x-raying her legs. I have been waiting for this since before Christmas. They should have rescheduled Christmas so I could get everything with the pony checked out sooner.
Did you get a pony for Christmas/your birthday?!

How did I miss this?

Either way, that's super exciting! I hope everything comes back fantastic!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #29329 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hondo sat watching the fireworks during the holidays. I've never noticed him do that before. He sat next to me staring at the sky. When the sky exploded he'd watch a moment and then look at me. I missed most of the show staring at my dog.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #29330 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have a job interview for a Teaching position at a Children's Learning Center this afternoon I really hope I get this...I need it so badly...

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.