The Random Thread - Page 2932 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #29311 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am human, and my heart breaks too, I guess you might not hear from me for awhile!
harmony is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #29312 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Harmony, are you blaming your neighbors on your dog's death?
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #29313 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
When he finally found the doe I was trying to worm my way through holly bushes with sticker bushes woven through them. I looked up and he was sitting next to her, waiting for me to reward him. I don't know why he didn't vocalize. I have to work through that one. Our trainer said to try rewarding him with a squeaker instead of food in the future to raise his excitement level.

We had to drag the doe through the creek to an opening. Then we had to follow game trails to try to find our way back to the Gator. That took us awhile. It's 1000 acres of cattle pastures, woods and dense brush. We were deep in the woods and brush. Twice hubby wasn't exactly sure which way to go and we decided to follow Lonestar's lead. He took us right to the pasture where the Gator was. He ran up to the Gator, jumped in and waited for us. It was at that comes!
Wow, that is remarkable. Good job Lonestar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
These is a bad bad person on my road!![believe we lost "Cowboy" and he was 14 but not from old age
Harmony, if you suspect a drug lab, you need to call the Police and report it. What did they do to your dog? Please be careful.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #29314 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wonder what part of "that road is drifted shut. No, there has not been a plow out and there are no cinders down" the girls didn't not understand. Good thing it was close to home and we have trucks, tractors and skid steers available.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 02:36 AM   #29315 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

I think Dodger might be developing an ear infection. every time I clean his right ear out he cries like it hurts, but nothing comes out except the usual dirty ear and it doesn't smell infected. I was scratching his ear today and he groaned like it felt good and leaned into my hand. I guess I'm going to have to put almond oil drops in his ear for awhile and see if that helps. If not to the vet we go.

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #29316 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've never seen a family cry as much as my husband's family. We go there for supper and my MIL is completely distraught and sobbing. Actually sobbing. She starts off with, "We've made a huge, huge mistake..." We think someone died or something. Actually, it sounds like we might have even killed someone it sounds so bad. No exaggeration, when she said that I actually wondered if some error of ours resulted in someone's death.

But no.

My BIL is having a bachelor party and many of his friends are girls so some females are attending. He originally wasn't going to invite his sisters because he only wanted his female friends there(one is a groomswoman). So they were trying to figure out a guest list today. One sister asked if she could come and he said yes, but he forgot to also invite the other sister. This is what my MIL and SIL were sobbing about. For hours. Most awkward supper ever. They didn't even eat with us, they just sat in the next room crying with each other and talking. My MIL told my husband to apologize to his sister for forgetting to remind his brother to invite her. Of course my husband thought that was ridiculous and didn't do it, and he probably would have laughed right in her face if it wasn't covered in tears.

Everyone was reassuring her that she wasn't overreacting, but honestly, I disagree. And I'm the queen of overreacting and being overemotional so I have some experience with this. I know she felt left out but this is not something you cry about all day, this is something you bitch about and rectify. Their family is so polite and formal, they all seem terrified of confronting each other about anything. I guess I understand why, since they get upset and cry so easily it's like walking on eggshells with this family. I just can't imagine being so close to someone that I'd cry about it all day if they forgot to invite me to something, yet so distant that I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to them about it and I'd have to tell my mom to tell my brother to tell my other brother to fix it.

Last edited by Syaoransbear; 12-31-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #29317 (permalink)
Master Member

Ugh! It's been a long hockey-less winter..so far Canada has been playing at the world juniors early enough for me to catch the game before work except for today...listening to hockey via radio just isn't the same.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #29318 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I want my dad right now! I tried to call him, (his wife had his text shut off) and he was saying my name but, the call was lost! He sounded like he was on a subway (loud noise), and he is only suppose to me in MI right now?

Last edited by harmony; 12-31-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #29319 (permalink)

Syaoransbear the story about the family crying cracked me up :P That would really frustrate me, I completely agree with you that is overreacting!!

My random:
We had a big family Christmas get-together on Saturday. Some of the little kids had been sick the week before and now a bunch of the adults are sick I couldn't hold down my PBJ sandwich. At least nausea is my only symptom, no sore throat, fever, etc.
spidermilk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #29320 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I was cut from one side to other(on my face), it was the worst on my nose and they tried to(cut me ) do it eye to eye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.