The Random Thread - Page 2923 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #29221 (permalink)
Elite Member

OMG ... what a funny story ... I'm sorry ... but I had to laugh ... I thought only random stuff like that happened to me!!!!

So glad you got it all fixed and for FREE ... what a wonderful "holiday" surprise!
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #29222 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkellen View Post
Well. I have a toshiba laptop.. At least 5+ years old... This past January, I has them wipe it bc I had a virus on it. I haven't put anything back on it, besides archive Facebook pictures/ITunes songs..

Sooo about 3-4 weeks ago, after the startup screen it starts showing a screen with all Kinds of codes and saying " insert boot disk". I dont know what that is and I really haven't put anything on my computer...

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
This is apparently a common problem with the toshibas.... that screen typically appears when the machine can't communicate with the hard drive. If it had been functioning fine until now, I'm not sure why the hard drive would suddenly be dead. When you boot it up, press F2--this should tell you if the HD is still recognized. I would contact Toshiba and ask them what to do-- if the machine is still under warranty then they will replace the HD for you... they will also be able to send you a recovery disk. Good luck!
LoveEcho is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #29223 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhuerta View Post
What was I thinking??
I am broke today....because, I paid a couple of bills yesterday......WHY did I not wait until after tomorrow?

Next day for $$$ is Saturday....it might be too late.....? (Dec 22nd).
I might be one who "can't take it with them?"......but I sure could have had a fun day trying!
Just think how crazy shopping is going to be on Saturday for all those folks who wake up disappointed and rush to finish their Christmas shopping!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #29224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
We are supposed to be getting 4" by tonight. It's 50 degrees right now. But we do live in Central Illinois so who know what will happen in the next couple hours!

Milla punched me in the face this morning. I'm pretty sure I am going to have a black eye. Got to love the GSD zoomies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
OMG ... what a funny story ... I'm sorry ... but I had to laugh ... I thought only random stuff like that happened to me!!!!

So glad you got it all fixed and for FREE ... what a wonderful "holiday" surprise!

Haha, oh no, it's like my life is strung together by embarrassing moments and unfortunate events!!

Yes, I was extremely happy and thanking my *lucky* (or at least the ones I have left ) stars that they didn't charge me!

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #29225 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sam's mildly bent out of shape because I'm not going to be surprised by one of the gifts that he bought me this year.

It's not like I OPENED the box, or even shook it to see what was inside. But. Uhm.. When he has these items shipped to our house? While he travels? And there's really only ONE THING that it could be from said company? It's not like I can magically "un-see" who shipped it! I have boxes coming in too, so I have to see who it's for.

I feel bad. He went to a lot of trouble trying to convince me that he tried to get it for me, but he wasn't able to, blahblahblah. I feel like I've let him down by ruining his surprise.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #29226 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Alright, I'm kicking my roommate out. This is rediculous. Theft, vandalism, disgusting living conditions, and drugs.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #29227 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My scale is broken from the move and it's making me paranoid. I weighed 120 pounds before the move, and then after the move the scale says I'm 150. Something tells me I didn't gain 30 pounds in a day.

It keeps giving really random readings that all seem super high, and I know they are too high, but it's still making me paranoid. What if the scale was broken before and now it's right and this is actually my weight? It doesn't help that my mom poked my stomach and said I was "looking pretty chubby" after she came over for supper the other day. Of course my stomach looked chubby, I had just finished eating a bunch of food. Where else is it going to go?

But I think I need to buy a new scale before I go crazy. Before when she made those comments I could hop on the scale, get a low reading, and have proof that her comments are false. But now that the scale is showing readings that can be anywhere from 10-40 pounds over what my weight usually is, I don't really have solid evidence to disprove her comments anymore and make me feel better. Even though I know the scale is giving really high readings, I have no idea how high, so I'm feeling really insecure.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #29228 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think you need to poke your mother in the forehead and tell her she's looking pretty wrinkly. We've all seen pictures of you and can tell you...YOU ARE NOT CHUBBY! If you have that kind of anxiety over your weight then maybe you just need to throw out the scale and go by how you feel and how your clothes fit instead of obsessing on a number.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #29229 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I knew that part, haha. Typically, you're on patrol for a couple of years before you're eligible for promotion to a k9 unit. Luckily, I'm young so I have time to kill
Since I am dumb, I didn't know that... if he had said otherwise I may have been in a new career shortly after that point Seriously though why not? If I could deal with LEO testing and were qualified I totally would, sadly I just don't care enough to go back to school.

Something tells me I will be sticking to fetch.
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #29230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
This is apparently a common problem with the toshibas.... that screen typically appears when the machine can't communicate with the hard drive. If it had been functioning fine until now, I'm not sure why the hard drive would suddenly be dead. When you boot it up, press F2--this should tell you if the HD is still recognized. I would contact Toshiba and ask them what to do-- if the machine is still under warranty then they will replace the HD for you... they will also be able to send you a recovery disk. Good luck!

What's strange is the light for the hard drive is blinking green like its connecting! Unfortunately, its not under warranty any more and it is saying Insert Boot Disk- which I also do not have lol

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.