The Random Thread - Page 2922 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #29211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia_bear View Post
Such a tease! Yesterday we got 14 inches of snow, it's now a nice balmy 0.

Now that's a tease!! I would LOVE snow.. however, Texans act pretty stupid when it comes to driving in it.

I think it was last year we got 6 inches in February, and then the year before that, 12.5 inches in February again! Not a snowflake since

-ďIf there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.Ē
lkellen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #29212 (permalink)
Elite Member

We are supposed to be getting 4" by tonight. It's 50 degrees right now. But we do live in Central Illinois so who know what will happen in the next couple hours!

Milla punched me in the face this morning. I'm pretty sure I am going to have a black eye. Got to love the GSD zoomies.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #29213 (permalink)
Elite Member

Here in Ottawa we're supposed to get 10 cm tonight, and 10-15 cm tomorrow and 5 more on Saturday ... YIPPEEE ... On Saturday afternoon I'm taking the sled out with Ky ...
Old 12-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #29214 (permalink)
Elite Member

This will be Milla's first snow. I can't WAIT to see how she is in it. Kya LOVES the snow. The first good snowfall of the year that dog will bug me until I suit up and we go wrestle in it. We only have to be out there for 5 minutes, and she is not a dog that like to play with humans but that 5 minutes just puts a big old smile on both of our faces. It's been a tradition for 12 years now. I hope she teaches it to Milla!

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #29215 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It's cold, gross, and rainy today, but it's supposed to get up to 55.

Then, the temps are going to start dropping down into the 20s, and the rain switches to snow.

Despite the fact that we DO get rain/ice/snow on a fairly regular basis, Ohio drivers paaaaaaanic. Thankfully, my manager took pity on me (and is feeling generous with the holidays), and is allowing me to work my half day from home. Hooray!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #29216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
We are supposed to be getting 4" by tonight. It's 50 degrees right now. But we do live in Central Illinois so who know what will happen in the next couple hours!

Milla punched me in the face this morning. I'm pretty sure I am going to have a black eye. Got to love the GSD zoomies.

Lol, what are "zoomies"?

-ďIf there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.Ē
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #29217 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sam was supposed to be coming home today. Unfortunately...his van broke down, and the dealership can't get it fixed for him until sometime tomorrow.

At least the firemen he was working with are being kind enough to chauffeur him around a bit until he has a working vehicle...but still. I kind of wanted to have him home, and now it's looking like late tomorrow, or early Saturday, which sucks.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #29218 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What was I thinking??
I am broke today....because, I paid a couple of bills yesterday......WHY did I not wait until after tomorrow?

Next day for $$$ is Saturday....it might be too late.....? (Dec 22nd).
I might be one who "can't take it with them?"......but I sure could have had a fun day trying!
robinhuerta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #29219 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
I asked a friend who is a cop now, about K9 handling. he said it basically is an experienced LEO that is given the opportunity to be K9 unit, not just randoms who are really good with dogs. Which kind of struck me as strange, if someone is really good with dogs, why not? Well, maybe you can do mercenary K9 work? I know many people who certify their dogs to find narcotics, weapons, bombs will do interim work on cruise liners, airports, etc, same with SAR just read about all then non professional SAR dogs on here!

I was considering a complete career change after I started working with this dog... fantasizing working with a real K9 dog
I knew that part, haha. Typically, you're on patrol for a couple of years before you're eligible for promotion to a k9 unit. Luckily, I'm young so I have time to kill
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #29220 (permalink)

SO, random thread...
Random Story...

"If Something Bad Can Happen, It WILL Happen To ME"

Work is CRAZY BUSY right now (I do admin for an investment company) and we have a temp in to help answer the phones and whatnot, I am doing Financial Binders for the executives of the company, which takes a LOT of time, 5 binders, 40 tabs a piece, all with documents with each tab. Our temp called in sick this morning- no big deal. Until I realize I took Boyfriendís truck this morning and left my car at a shop for the morning half (due to some mechanical work it needs) I was expecting to be able to run home, get my car from the shop, and trade out cars on my break. Well, if no temp is here, that means no break! I explained to our other admin recep. That I at least NEED to get Boyfriendís truck back to the house because he goes to work at 4 and I get off at 530. SO, we were able to work out that Iíd leave and come back real quick- thankfully I live less than a mile from work. J

Alright, here is where my title comes into play..

I notice Boyfriendís truck is REALLY low on gas- like under E- low, so I decide to be nice and get him some gas on the way home! I leave the truck running with keys in ignition and run into the gas station to pay for gas. I come back out and try to open the door- itís LOCKED. Well, hereís the thing with his truck- the driverís side door lock is kinda funky. If you press unlock twice on the remote, it will unlock all the doors, except the driverís side, you have to manually unlock with the key, but only AFTER pressing unlock will it pop up when you manually unlock it. When I first got into the truck, I only pressed unlock once, and then manually unlocked the driver door- leaving all other doors still locked. This stupid lock somehow just pushed itself back down and locked me out! Not only is my purse inside the RUNNING truck, my PHONE is too!!

I call work from inside the station, explain the situation, say sorry about a million times, and tell them Iíll somehow find a number for a locksmith. There are two car shops across the street and I run to them hoping someone has either the tools or the knowledge to get into a locked car! Of course, no one did. The guy does tell me he can call the local P.D. and sometimes, they can unlock a locked car. For a fee of $75-100. I already knew I was going to have to pay, but being the holiday, (not that that changes anything!) Iím very low on extra money. So Iím sitting here crying, thinking how pathetic my life is, when the freaking FIRE DEPARTMENT shows up. So, now Iíve got the embarrassment of locking myself out along with people gawking wondering why the F.D. is there too!

Iím telling these super nice men how terrible my luck has been lately, and they manage to slide something between the window and press the unlock button! I asked how much the fee will be, and they said NOTHING! They did it for free. I just wanted to share how AWESOME that felt and that there are still such nice people in the world! Lol. Kudos to anyone who read through this extremely long rambling of my sad life, lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.