The Random Thread - Page 2916 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #29151 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
GusGus ... well of course females are better ... aren't we always LOL ... j/k ... what a nut job!!!! Sorry you had to deal with that!
Well, you have a good point because your fluff ball is absolutely gorgeous and I wanna squeeze her.

Excuse me if that's weird.
GusGus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #29152 (permalink)
Elite Member

You're excused ... LOL it's not weird ... I squeeze her all the time - mind you she's not overly thrilled with it!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #29153 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I forgot about eating dinner...I was too busy wrapping presents.

Now I'm so hungry my stomach hurts and I feel dizzy. Ughhhhh. You'd think I would have noticed sooner. Good job, me.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #29154 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
You're excused ... LOL it's not weird ... I squeeze her all the time - mind you she's not overly thrilled with it!
When I squeeze mine he does that "rawh rawh rawh" thing.. then he gives me a look like ...seriously?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #29155 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
I really hate this. I feel like I have absolutely no control over my emotions, and at any moment I can feel completely enraged or completely depressed for no reason.
I'm sure the season has a lot to do with it. And then add a layer of yucky weather. It's enough to make anybody emotional.

Have you ever tried to make a connection with a type of food that you've eaten that can cause some sort of an emotional swing?
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #29156 (permalink)
Elite Member

How do you actually get through to a 21 year old? My stepdaughter is hooked up with some really less than stellar people. The new BF has 2 kids and is in jail, which she keeps bailing him out but he keeps having more and more warrants out for him. But it's not HIS fault, the county keeps messing up.......

I just really don't know what to do at this point. I've been neutral, not pushed and tried to be a friend and understand. At this point I can't do that anymore. She has used all of her savings bailing this POS out of jail and now is coming to me for money. I refuse. I love her dearly but I am not going to support this.

I just don't know how to get through to her. He must be feeding her a heck of a line of BS.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #29157 (permalink)
Elite Member

Christina, many many moons ago I was involved with a guy and his group of friends that were less than stellar. My parents did NOTHING ... didn't say a word, didn't offer advice, nothing. I was with him for 3 years ... I spent LOADS of money on him to "impress" him about how wonderful a g/f I was to him.

After I left him, with not much of me intact, but lots of lessons learned the hard way ... my parents admitted that it drove them nuts to see me wasting my life on this guy ... but knowing the type of person I was (tell me NOT to do something and it's the first thing I'd do) they simply stayed completely uninvolved ... to the point of not even asking about him, "forgetting" his name LOL ...

As the "older" version of your daughter ... hang in there, we do learn our lessons, just the hard way!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #29158 (permalink)
Elite Member

GusGus ... do you mean that whine / howl noise? Yeah Ky does that too ... it's hilarious ... and then I hold her longer and squeeze her and kiss her until she squirms!! LMAO ... it's too funny! Then I let her go and chase her around the bedroom!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #29159 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
How do you actually get through to a 21 year old? My stepdaughter is hooked up with some really less than stellar people. The new BF has 2 kids and is in jail, which she keeps bailing him out but he keeps having more and more warrants out for him. But it's not HIS fault, the county keeps messing up.......

I just really don't know what to do at this point. I've been neutral, not pushed and tried to be a friend and understand. At this point I can't do that anymore. She has used all of her savings bailing this POS out of jail and now is coming to me for money. I refuse. I love her dearly but I am not going to support this.

I just don't know how to get through to her. He must be feeding her a heck of a line of BS.
That's exactly what he is feeding her. He's most likely using his kids or his proclaimed love for her as a manipulation tactic to get what he wants. I don't quite know if you can do anything but lay out the facts about what kind of person he is. You're doing the right thing by not giving her money. She's just going to blow it on him and she needs to realize how much she is actually spending on him when shes had enough if being broke .
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #29160 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post

You're just going to have to grit your teeth and put up with it. She's an adult so let her learn the hard way. One of my son's is invovled with a young lady that the wife and I find less than stellar. We have told him our opinion but hasn't done any good. At least the dogs agree with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.