The Random Thread - Page 2914 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #29131 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My niece Audrey was born at 1:11 PM yesterday 6 lbs, 1 oz... good size for being 3.5 weeks early! Healthy as a horse. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.... I'm so proud of my brother, and his wife. His wife does NOT take pain well, but she was a champ. Although, the fact that my brother has procreated makes me think the Myans were on to something I got to hold the baby for a long time yesterday while mama slept... I don't get to see her again until next weekend and I'm already having withdrawals.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #29132 (permalink)
Elite Member

Congrats on the birth of your niece!!! yeah yeah yeah for you ...

Zeeva's family is visiting for a while ... (she was asking some questions about how to stop her dogs from jumping because her mom's nervous around the dogs, and was coming to visit soon). I'm assuming that "this" is when they are here!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #29133 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
My niece Audrey was born at 1:11 PM yesterday 6 lbs, 1 oz... good size for being 3.5 weeks early! Healthy as a horse.
Woot! Woot! Major Congrats!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #29134 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
WHY can't you just train your dog? ... WHY can't you take your dog further than the curb and back, maybe exercise it once in a while? WHY do you need to pick it up every time another dog passes... I have a very tough time believing your jack russel terrier is stupid and "satan". or maybe I am just missing something?

thumbs down.
LMAO ... I hear ya ... I get so fed up of people doing this ... especially when I am walking by and Kyleigh is not even interested in their dog ...

If you have a good back, and can handle some "weight" for a couple of minutes ... do this:

As soon as you see the "little" dogs coming, pick up your GSD and tell the people, frantically:

Please, hurry up and go by ... hurry, please, can you go faster? ... he's ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF LITTLE DOGS - he was attacked see ... OMG, can you please hurry up and go by? He's getting really heavy ... and I don't want to drop him and have your dogs attack him, I simply CANNOT afford another trip to the vet b/c of small dogs ...

I did this when Kyleigh was about 7 months old and let me tell you I got some funny looks ... but they got the hint ... they actually came up to me a couple of days later and asked why I acted like that ... I told them straight out ... you're creating the problem for your dog ... blah blah blah ... it worked ... now, when we see them in the neighbourhood, the two small dogs are happy to see Kyleigh, and Kyleigh just looks at them and sighs ... oh them, again eh??? But we have no more issues!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #29135 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Who else has a picture of Nancy in a mask doing the Hamburglar tiptoe, sneaky walk through the office?
Well, Office Christmas Party is now behind us. And although I didn't wear a mask, they did put me in charge of selling raffle tickets for the chance of winning one of three TVs - 46" - 70". All proceeds went to a Charity for Autistic children, founded by an employee, who's son is Autistic. The tickets were $1. each. I sold over 2 grand worth of tickets.

Apparently at one point I was saying, "What? Five dollars worth of tickets? You cheap @&$*@#$! Come on! It's for charity!" .....and they'd give me more money.

Rumor has it that one of the employees that won stated he asked me if the tickets he bought were the lucky ones. I promptly rubbed them across my butt and handed them to him stating, "Now they are."

This morning my boss says he's worried he is going to lose me to the sales department. I told him, "Nah...they can't handle me."
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #29136 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Alright, Misfits - send some good thoughts this way!

Sam got some potentially good news at his company party on Saturday. The job he's on right now? It may be the last out-of-town install he goes on. They're in the final stages of a contract to purchase one of their suppliers, and want to bring that business in-house. Sam would be taking over that division. Not only is it a pay increase...but it means he'd be HOME. He wouldn't travel almost every single week! He has been traveling nonstop for almost two years, and it feels like I hardly ever get a chance to see him. And when I do? He's exhausted from the week, from driving, etc. By the time he's rested up, it's time for him to go again. It's been tough, but we've been okay due to the fact that he truly seems to enjoy what he's doing.

But it would be oh so very nice to have him home on a consistent basis. We probably won't know until January/February, but still. I really, really, really hope this all works out and it actually happens.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #29137 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sending good vibes, Evan!
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #29138 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Evan, fingers crossed for you guys! That sounds like a great opportunity.

It just dawned on me that Christmas is a week away. I have so much to do! I've been starting to get cards for the GSD card exchange which I LOVE-- I gotta get my butt going on getting mine out. I also have lots and lots of baking to do
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #29139 (permalink)

Hope everything works out, Evan!

Miss Holly has been super snuggly with me latey. I love it. She has to be right by my side all the time.

We had a small pack readjustment after Jonah passed. It looks like everyone had accepted him as the leader and so there was a little tension but they seem to have worked it out now.

I got offered a job as a vet tech at a small vet practice but I had to tell them something that might make them reconsider. I hope they still want me.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #29140 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hooray for new nieces, and job offers!

And thanks, guys. I'm trying not to get my hopes up TOO much, but....it would be so nice to have him home on a consistent basis, and have out-of-town jobs be an occasional thing. The pay increase would also make our lives so much easier, knowing that we could truly build up a savings "buffer" in the event that anything should happen.

For the time being, I'm just looking forward to some time off over the holidays and having him home AND off of work at the same time!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.