The Random Thread - Page 2904 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #29031 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Off the wall rant here and it's only because I can get something off my chest with the comfort of knowing no one I know will read it (family)

First let me say that I love my family immensely. I recently moved to another state to be closer to my elderly parents and my brother who has MS. I live with said brother, after having lived alone for at least 10 years if not more. I know adjusting to living with someone can be difficult, and adjusting to living with someone who is sick is harder.

But honestly, I need my own house. I don't know how much longer I can live here with him. He has all of his tools, especially his saws, in the dining room, which is a mere 2-3 feet from my bedroom door. At 10pm last night he used a sander that set off the smoke alarm, and this morning he is running his miter saw, and it is not 7am yet.

The house is a fixer upper, and I know fixing up while living in a house has it's inconveniences. But every inch of this house is a wreck. I can't keep it clean. There is sawdust and insulation everywhere; I get one of his projects cleaned up while he moves to a different room, and he goes back to the newly cleaned room and shreds again. Good example...he just went back to start shredding the kitchen after I finally got the mess from painting cleaned up.

He picks on my dogs now and then and they are scared of any tool he has. He thinks it is funny, and continues to do it despite my telling him to leave them alone. When we are in the house, the dogs and I spend 98% of the time in my bedroom to avoid him.

Living here has proven to me that living alone at least my life was normal. And I want normal back!!!

I day dream all the time about moving into my own house. The other day I found a house for sale for $62k ..3 bedroom, 2 bath, big yard, everything I need and then some, and it is just 2 minutes down the road from my brother's so I could check on him all the time. I have projects and things I want to do but feel completely stifled here because it is not my house. I want my life back!!!!!

Sorry for the long post...

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Zisso is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #29032 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Christina, I managed to try one of the KIND bars when I was at my mom's house last night. Yooouuuu were right. They're awesome. I just ordered two boxes from Amazon!
Glad you liked them! I find they are the perfect little snack!

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #29033 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Zisso-- I'm so sorry you're unhappy... it's brutal not being able to have a place of your own/your own space. I'm a very private person, so living with others was always tough. We had a tenant for a while and I was MISERABLE. Would throw parties and trash the house while we were gone, etc. I hope you find your own home soon! Where the heck are you that you found a 3 BR house for 62K? That's amazing.

I have no idea how to write a cover letter for a job I'm dramatically underqualified for. I don't mean that to sound arrogant, but I'm talking about applying for receptionist and teller positions when I have a PhD. I'll still work my butt off at those jobs, so that's what I'm trying to convey. I'm trying to pick up part-time work on the side and there is nada in my field or in the software development field, so I'm left with retail and receptionist. Only, those sorts of jobs are reluctant to hire someone like me. Sigh.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #29034 (permalink)
Elite Member

Love Echo ... I hear ya ... i'm in a job right now that I'm so over qualified for ... BUT I need the money!!!

Here's two things I did:

dumb down your resume ... don't put ALL your wonderful accomplishments on there

Indicate that you are looking to add new skills to your resume and that you have no
objection working at "entry" level positions

And I wish you lots of luck ... I was unemployed for 5 months, and it got seriously annoying getting all the "oh, you're too qualified for this" ...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #29035 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Today....is not my day.

First, I'm late to work because the on ramps were slippery, causing accidents. My city does not know how to prepare for these things. Their solution? SHUT DOWN THE ON RAMP. Why? So they could salt it. I'm sorry, but....did they not think to do this BEFORE rush hour? Apparently not.

Then I get to work, and roaches are literally falling from the ceiling onto my desk. Gross. Seriously. This is disgusting, and I'm going to go nuts if they don't fix this problem soon.

My coworker is out, so I'm handing things for both my manager, AND my boss. My boss is having IT issues and his email won't update on his computer. Joy.

Then we have BIGGER IT issues - our shared drive, which holds ALL of our documents for meetings...is down. And he needs files from there. Yayyyy!

And now I have a paper cut. I think I need to just call it quits and go home.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #29036 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So today was thoroughly depressing, BUT...

MY NIECE IS OFFICIALLY ON THE WAY!!!! It'll be so cool if she comes before midnight and has a 12/12/12 birthday
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #29037 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I have no idea how to write a cover letter for a job I'm dramatically underqualified for. I don't mean that to sound arrogant, but I'm talking about applying for receptionist and teller positions when I have a PhD. I'll still work my butt off at those jobs, so that's what I'm trying to convey. I'm trying to pick up part-time work on the side and there is nada in my field or in the software development field, so I'm left with retail and receptionist. Only, those sorts of jobs are reluctant to hire someone like me. Sigh.
Go through a temp agency. Let them sell you. Many times you can work a temp position at a company and be hired on full time in a different position.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #29038 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Have you ever been so warm and can not breath unless it is 40 or below? Everyone around me wears jackets and sweatshirts, so I broke down and turned the heat on for them. I guess I will be outside a lot this evening.
harmony is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #29039 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks Echo,

I am in Eastern, OR

It is not so much that I am not happy here. I am actually quite thrilled to be here. I just think I would feel more sane if I had my own dwelling. I wouldn't worry so much about all the little things then, and could live in a home that I was comfortable having company in. Here, I don't want anyone to visit, not even our parents, because my brother's unfinished projects are from one end of the house to the other. Because it is his house, he is free to do as he pleases and if he doesn't care what it looks like, it's his business. I would definitely do things differently.

My number one reason to be here is to help my family, and I don't feel like I am helping my brother. I feel like I am just here and like my life is wasting away while I watch over him. It is frustrating.

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Zisso is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #29040 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am in heaven... Roger Waters performing for the Sandy relief concert.... and it gets better, Roger Waters and Eddie Vedder performing together. I'm trying to explain to Jereme how much I love Pink Floyd but there aren't adequate words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.