The Random Thread - Page 2900 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #28991 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
My favorites are the dark chocolate, cherry, cashew. The macadamia, almond, peanut (tastes like a payday only better for you). Peanut butter dark chocolate, and the cranberry almond. All natural, nothing I cannot pronounce in them.
Always a plus! I've been eating Clif bars, but I'm really not a huge fan of them. Maybe KIND bars will be my substitute! I think my mom has the chocolate/cherry one, but I'm not certain. I see her tomorrow, so I can always raid the pantry and then order some for myself.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #28992 (permalink)
Elite Member

Yes the Clif bars are so dry to me. And I get tired of chewing them! They make my jaw hurt.

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #28993 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
Yes the Clif bars are so dry to me. And I get tired of chewing them! They make my jaw hurt.
They seem to be really hit or miss. About half the ones I get are fine, and the other half are really dry. But if nothing else, it'd be nice to have something else to try. I get tired of eating the same snacks all the time!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #28994 (permalink)
Elite Member

YAY I got my package today with my new bite sleeve in it!

You should see some of my coworkers when I say that.

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #28995 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Recon and I get to go to flyball tomorrow night for the first time. I'm very excited. And, shameless plug; Recon's new collar (on a cute fluffy boy!) that I made yesterday. New knot, love it!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #28996 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Not getting a good night's sleep is really catching up to me. I'm going to bed when I usually do, sometimes a bit earlier, keeping my normal routine, etc...and yet I can't seem to go a single night without waking up multiple times. I used to be able to simply roll out of bed when my alarm goes off at 4:15am, get dressed, and start my workout by 4:45am at the latest. Now? I'm lucky if I'm out of bed by 4:20, and I struggle to get my workout started by 4:50. It doesn't seem like much, but it throws off my entire morning schedule, and I'm finding myself taking more breaks during the workout because I just don't feel awake enough.

I'm not sure what the difference is. Maybe things will be a bit better once I get the humidifier set up in the room so I won't wake up feeling incredibly thirsty all the time? Who knows.

All I want is to sleep WELL. I don't want to sleep in or have a lazy morning...I just want a GOOD night's sleep.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #28997 (permalink)
Elite Member

Have you looked into melatonin? My cousin is the same, and after 10 years of nagging her about it, she finally bought some ... and voila ... she was stunned! (I have to admit I did say I TOLD YOU SO about 30 times since I'd bugged her so often!)

Not getting enough sleep sucks ... I never FEEL like I get enough sleep (I'm lucky if I get 4-5 hours a night) ... the upside is I'm not tired LOL ... but I would like to just lie in bed sometimes and wallow in laziness!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #28998 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Haha, I have tried it...but I always end up having such weird dreams that I wake up exhausted, even if I don't actually wake up during the night, if that makes sense?

It may just be a combination of little things... The air is drier with the furnace on, and I have yet to set up the humidifier. My lower back has been really achy and I haven't really found a simple solution for that, and I'm still adjusting to Baxter sleeping out of his crate.

He hasn't caused a single ounce of trouble (while I'm asleep, anyway), but I still tend to wake up if I hear him moving around. He's settling down though, and learning to just lay down and zonk like he does in his crate. And, honestly, he ends up sleeping in his crate most of the night anyway now that the novelty of being allowed out is wearing off, and the cats have given up taunting him from the other side of the door.

Now when Sam's home...it's a different story. He wants to see "dad" - which involves jumping on the bed, which he doesn't do while I'm home. Unfortunately, he starts doing this around 5am on the weekends. It's a work in progress.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #28999 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Melatonin makes me feel hung over. I like valerian root much better or 5HTP.

It's MICHELLE, scarfish! My name is MICHELLE! Jax is my DOG!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #29000 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I should try the 5HTP... I have a hard time sleeping without WILD dreams (I'm on Adderall) and the melatonin just makes it worse... ZQuil just makes me feel foggy all the next day.

I'm all jittery this morning. Got up early, went to go pay my bills and discovered that someone drained my bank account. Apparently the company (who I have never even heard of) has a VERY lengthy record of fraudulent transactions. They had the correct card number and CV number, but the billing address wasn't even close and the name was wrong... yet they still let it go through. Everything is taken care of and my bank is helping me out, it's just such a hassle and kind of scary, since I NEVER use that card online and the purchases were made overseas. It'll take a week to get my money back... ugh.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.