The Random Thread - Page 2898 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #28971 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Unfortunately....Baxter is heartbroken over his couch being moved away from the window. Now he can't lay down in cushion-smooshing comfort and watch the world go by (and bark at all the "bad guys"....that may or may not be there). I actually feel really bad about how stressed he seems over this change. I feel like I took away some of his happiness.
Completely normal. It's a change in his environment. It's kinda interesting how a small change can affect dogs. Just act like nothing's wrong or nothing happened and he'll snap out of it.

In other news, I cannot remember when we had such a WEAK crew at my job. *sigh* It's getting stressful.
And, I have to either re-set up an email for Gar today or teach him outlook express.
I think that I'll just shoot myself in the head now......:-/
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #28972 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieJ View Post
Completely normal. It's a change in his environment. It's kinda interesting how a small change can affect dogs. Just act like nothing's wrong or nothing happened and he'll snap out of it.
Ohhh, deep down I know that. It's just hard not to feel bad when he's awkwardly walking through the room, bumping into things, and then giving us these hopeless looks of, "What did you DO?! This isn't how it's supposed to be!" He was almost relieved when we went upstairs to watch a movie - y'know, where things are the same.

It doesn't help that we have the Christmas tree set up, and it's getting in his way when he tries to squeeze around the coffee table to get to the window. I think once that's gone, he may be a bit happier.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #28973 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Ohhh, deep down I know that. It's just hard not to feel bad when he's awkwardly walking through the room, bumping into things, and then giving us these hopeless looks of, "What did you DO?! This isn't how it's supposed to be!" He was almost relieved when we went upstairs to watch a movie - y'know, where things are the same.

It doesn't help that we have the Christmas tree set up, and it's getting in his way when he tries to squeeze around the coffee table to get to the window. I think once that's gone, he may be a bit happier.
*grins* Point and laugh...it's fun!
Sean's Dogs.com
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #28974 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ok - I've got a Lonestar brag....

We took Lonestar to the lease this weekend. There was 4 other hunters there (one with his wife). Lonestar was very well behaved. Only climbed up one person, and honestly, it was because he was playing rough with him.

Although I keep him on a long line, his recall was 100%. He stayed focused on me even while playing with others.

He was even stone cold quiet when he was left in his kennel when we left the camp. Never made a peep. Not even when we returned and he heard us (and the Gator). He just sat watching us.

This little crack puppy is turning out all right.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #28975 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Ok - I've got a Lonestar brag....

We took Lonestar to the lease this weekend. There was 4 other hunters there (one with his wife). Lonestar was very well behaved. Only climbed up one person, and honestly, it was because he was playing rough with him.

Although I keep him on a long line, his recall was 100%. He stayed focused on me even while playing with others.

He was even stone cold quiet when he was left in his kennel when we left the camp. Never made a peep. Not even when we returned and he heard us (and the Gator). He just sat watching us.

This little crack puppy is turning out all right.
It's kind of a wistful melancholoy feeling for me...."Aw, my little crazy fruitbat is getting all growed up".....
Sean's Dogs.com
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #28976 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieJ View Post
It's kind of a wistful melancholoy feeling for me...."Aw, my little crazy fruitbat is getting all growed up".....
It truly is. I've worked soooo hard on this boy. I was suprised that it was really obvious that he is 'My' boy. I really figured he'd end up being hubby's dog because I do work really hard with him and hubby is all fun and games.

He was running around in the weeds and suddenly started shaking his paw. Just like a cat, attempting to fling something off. Everyone started laughing (because he did look like a cat) and he came running back to me, sat ON my feet with his paw held up and looked up (and back) at me. I leaned over took his paw and between his pads was a little burr. I pulled it out, and off he ran. All better.

We are going to spend an entire week up at the lease. I'm taking Hondo as well and staying in a hotel at night (I'm just not THAT into the whole no shower thing). That is going to be interesting......
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #28977 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Finished moving into our acreage yesterday. The dogs are happy, but the birds haven't moved from the same two perches since we got here. They act like they just witnessed some horrible murder or something. It's so quiet here. I'm so used to hearing children scream and cry all day or my birds chirping. My ears are enjoying the break from using earplugs all the time!
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #28978 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I can imagine that it's an amazing sensation!! Glad you guys are finally moved. Enjoy the peace and quiet at the new place.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #28979 (permalink)
Elite Member

The birds might take a couple of days (as I'm sure you know!) I know when I moved Ellie, my quaker didn't care. But Echo, my grey, was like ... WTH ... where are we??? What is that and that and that and that ...

Congrats on finally getting moved!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #28980 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Noooooooooo!!!

I'm getting the dreaded afternoon energy crash.

Now I have to struggle with the decision of whether or not to go and get some coffee. I haven't had any in weeks! I don't know that I'm ready to break that streak just yet. But on the other hand, I need to stay awake for the next two hours of work and the 40 minute drive home. Ugh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.