The Random Thread - Page 2890 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #28891 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is driving me NUTS. On one of the working dog pages I'm a "fan" of on FB, there was a link posted to an organization that sells plush toys modeled after real MWD's as a fundraiser...sort of like the "adopt a polar bear" things. I can't find it ANYWHERE now. I got my dad for Secret Santa and he has been dying to adopt a retired MWD but my mom won't let him, for now, so I figured that would be a cool gift to him. Google searches turn up nothing and I've spent like 4 hours going through all the posts I can find from every Malinois and K9/MWD page I'm on. Ugh.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #28892 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well that's ridiculous IMO. Is it just on my phone that I can't see your location?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
GatorDog is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #28893 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hmm not sure why it didn't quote you, jae.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
GatorDog is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #28894 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I find it interesting that when you're sick (cold) you have crazy dreams all night long. I think I'll go to the doctor today and get a shot and some drugs. See what my dreams will do then.....
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #28895 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh happy day! Delgado is FINALLY healed enough from his neuter to start playing and running again!! Two weeks of keeping him under wraps has been really tough but worth it

As a present for him being good I'm taking him for a play date today to my parents to play with his best friend Samson .

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #28896 (permalink)
Elite Member

It is like watching a train wreck. My chickens love scrambled eggs and chicken. It's so wrong.

And the turkey carcass. I chastised them for eating their cousin.

They are like pigs, they will eat anything.

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #28897 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We just volunteered to watch Jasper (a former foster GSD) and his "brother" Bren, a lab+ hound mix, for a week or so. Their mom is moving back to MN in a couple of weeks.
I'll finally have my 6 pack of dogs. Only 5 will be GSD's, but I'll sacrifice.
I love Jasper, he is such a character. When we got him, he had spent the first few months of his life locked in his crate, inside a closet. He was "too much dog" for the idiot that bought him. He was very fear aggressive and everything scared him. Thanks to a lot of work and patience from the lady who adopted him, he is 100% past all that and a great dog.
I know I posted about him a lot when he was here. Can you tell how much I love him?
Plus, Gunnar and I finally get some male balance back in the house.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #28898 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Since Sam's out of town pretty much all the way up until Christmas, I've decided to mildly annoy him and tell him that I'm just ordering socks and underwear for his Christmas present. He knows I'm joking, but he's actually getting irritated.

I think, just because I can, I'm going to keep it up until he realizes what I REALLY bought for him.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to give it to him - scavenger hunt through the house? I have to stash it over at my parents' house since there isn't enough space for me to actually hide it at ours. Maybe I'll do the scavenger hunt there? I think he should work for it, considering how difficult (and grumpy) he's been about presents.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #28899 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Since Sam's out of town pretty much all the way up until Christmas, I've decided to mildly annoy him and tell him that I'm just ordering socks and underwear for his Christmas present. He knows I'm joking, but he's actually getting irritated.
My husband actually requested socks and underwear for christmas

3 more days till we move out of here and onto our acreage EEEEEEEE! Good thing too, because my in-laws are now thinking that their house won't be finished until march. It was supposed to be finished in July 2012. *eye twitch*
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #28900 (permalink)
Knighted Member

haha, Sam would probably appreciate them. Except that I was threatening him with tighty-whiteys and tube socks.

In other news, I think I'm finally losing it. On "Cyber Monday" there was a great deal on discounted gift cards for the restaurant Sam and I try to go to for our anniversary. I snatched one up that would cover a good chunk of the meal (mmmmmmm steak). However, I decided it was a present for both of us....from the pets. So instead of just putting it under the tree like a "normal" person, I put it in a card. And write the card out to "Mom & Dad" from the pets.

"Mom & Dad: We got you this because we guess you're okay parents. Even though you got a dog, and that was a terrible life choice. But whatever. XOXO -Star & Boomer"

"Mom & Dad: You guys are the bestest! Bring me the leftovers, K? Hugs and kisses! -Baxter"

Ugh. I need to get out more.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.