The Random Thread - Page 2889 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #28881 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hmm... I kind of want to do something nostalgic/fun for Jer... I don't really know what, though. I'm trying to think of meaningful things from his childhood but I don't know of any. He didn't have a favorite toy, game, etc that he ever talks about, aside from BMX racing (which he still does, though not competitively). He's the kind of person that seriously blocks unpleasant stuff out, and his whole childhood was a nightmare so he never really talks about good memories, etc.

He's into BMW's, big construction equipment, motorcycles... sigh.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #28882 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I went the easy route for Brian; cold weather/prepping stuff. He's very into prepping for a government crash or attack, so he got mostly under armour this year, and stuff for HIS (our) new gun. Nothing very meaningful or big, but lots of little stuff he can use. We've only been together 6-8 months anyway! XD
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #28883 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Ugh. I'm already in vacation mode at work, but I still have a week and a half of work left BEFORE vacation... It's just one of those days, I suppose. It's not very busy, my manager is being pushy about things I have no control over, and I'm just ready for a break. It's not like work has even been stressful! I had my review the other week, and it was all positive.

I dunno what it is. Maybe it's everything at home that needs to get done, and so it's frustrating to be at work where there isn't much going on, knowing how much I COULD get done if I were home?

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #28884 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My brother drives me nuts. He and Jereme are a lot alike (hah, they both drive me nuts, too..hmm).... so I asked him what kind of gift he would appreciate. I get a response with a whole spiel about our relationship (I NEVER talk about our relationship with he or my SIL...and regardless, we've been bickering but that's what happens when you're both stressed to the gills and it's never serious...otherwise, in the grand scheme of "big things" (like drinking), we've been great). How what he would want is a solid plan for the next 6 months and a plan for New Hampshire and "no BS" no fighting just conversation. Uh...what??? All I asked was for an idea of something goofy to cheer Jereme up... Now I realized why his wife (of one year...which just makes me laugh, since they both give ample marriage advice to people who have been there, done that) is always sticking her nose where it definitely doesn't belong..she learned from him. ANY innocent statement, question, joke gets turned into a patronizing piece of advice, with both of them, about relationships, life, money. I should have known better than to ask him
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #28885 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
My brother drives me nuts. He and Jereme are a lot alike (hah, they both drive me nuts, too..hmm).... so I asked him what kind of gift he would appreciate. I get a response with a whole spiel about our relationship (I NEVER talk about our relationship with he or my SIL...and regardless, we've been bickering but that's what happens when you're both stressed to the gills and it's never serious...otherwise, in the grand scheme of "big things" (like drinking), we've been great). How what he would want is a solid plan for the next 6 months and a plan for New Hampshire and "no BS" no fighting just conversation. Uh...what??? All I asked was for an idea of something goofy to cheer Jereme up... Now I realized why his wife (of one year...which just makes me laugh, since they both give ample marriage advice to people who have been there, done that) is always sticking her nose where it definitely doesn't belong..she learned from him. ANY innocent statement, question, joke gets turned into a patronizing piece of advice, with both of them, about relationships, life, money. I should have known better than to ask him
Ugh, that's frustrating, I'm sorry! Trust me - you aren't the only ones who bicker when you're stressed. Sam and I are definitely NOT a "Oh, we NEVER fight" kind of couple. It's rarely serious, but some people just do. We've been together for 9 1/2 years, regardless of how long we've been married. Clearly, bickering hasn't torn us apart or made us resent one another...

Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #28886 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Ugh, that's frustrating, I'm sorry! Trust me - you aren't the only ones who bicker when you're stressed. Sam and I are definitely NOT a "Oh, we NEVER fight" kind of couple. It's rarely serious, but some people just do. We've been together for 9 1/2 years, regardless of how long we've been married. Clearly, bickering hasn't torn us apart or made us resent one another...
EXACTLY. Us either. We're both stubborn, opinionated, and temperamental. Neither of us is particularly good at communicating (I have Aspergers, he..doesn't have an excuse ), so things don't always get resolved with just "let's sit down and talk".. never because it gets personal, but because we misunderstand each other and get frustrated. Even if it does get "serious", it never lasts...everything is usually better than ever the next day because we've worked out whatever it is. I think that's the key... there's never anything lingering and festering. The only time it ever got really, really ugly was with the drinking, and he's been sober for a year. I still have a lot of anger and resentment that I'm working on letting go of, and only time will make that happen, but otherwise every time we argue I swear I love him more
Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #28887 (permalink)
Elite Member

Some people are emotionally exhausting. I need a nap.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #28888 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am growing weary of meetings. Some people like a captive audience a little too much.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #28889 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Holy crap! I can't believe I forgot this..

MY NEIGHBORS BRING HOME THEIR BABY GSD TODAY! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm a little excited about seeing a puppy. Just a little bit.

(Sorry, Baxter. You're still my baby boy. Really. I still adore you. I just need a puppy-fix. One that isn't 90lbs and afraid of his own butt.)

Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #28890 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Wow I did not realize you could evaluate a dog for SCH over the phone, **** elitist. seriously just got turned down for a sch eval because the guy said he didn't sound like my dog would do well - he evaluated his temperament, his prey drive, and his obedience all over the phone with just a few lines from me. Amazing what people can do these days.

this is the 16th club I have contacted, actually the first that would speak to me. his advice was to do agility and tracking. yeah no **** if i wanted to do agility i would

jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.