The Random Thread - Page 2884 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #28831 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Patchon - I have siblings that are 10-17 years younger than me. I love each of them dearly and when we lost our youngest brother in a car accident at the age of 18, it was devastating. She is missing out on an important piece of her life and really, even as mad as it makes you to see what she said, is to be pitied that instead of filling her life with love...she chose spite, anger and jealousy.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #28832 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Last night we were sitting outside. My neighbors across the street have put up enough Christmas lights to land a jet plane. (I'm thinking about just putting up a giant mirror to reflect their lights. )

Hondo was laying by me, and Lonestar was running around playing with everyone. Suddenly Hondo jumped up and gave his "I'm dead serious!" bark. Made my nephew jump up out of his seat and spin around to see what was behind him. Hubby jumped up and strained to see...someone was standing in our neighbor's front lawn.

I grabbed Hondo's collar while Lonestar barked in false bravado next to us.

Hubby hollared out, "Come out or I'll send the dog!" (he really wouldn't, it's just a threat). Hondo backed him up with another series of barks.

My nephew and hubby started to walk down the drive to see who it was. Hubby all puffed up like an old rooster and nephew ready to defend the hen house in case the old rooster failed to do so.

Hondo (now upset because he isn't allowed to follow the men) sends out another series of barks. Lonestar decides to stay with me.

Hubby calls out "Hey!" No reply.

Half way down the drive, they both stop dead. I know hubby carries and my nephew is well versed in self defense (service man). But honestly, I'm getting a little nervous. They both stand there for a moment, then turn around and walk back.

I let Hondo loose and walk to meet them.

I say, "Who is it?"

Nephew, "Santa. His lights aren't working".

Geesh.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #28833 (permalink)
Elite Member

Does it look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
The Random Thread-pic-house.jpg  

Last edited by Kyleigh; 12-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Kyleigh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #28834 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Last night we were sitting outside. My neighbors across the street have put up enough Christmas lights to land a jet plane. (I'm thinking about just putting up a giant mirror to reflect their lights. )

Hondo was laying by me, and Lonestar was running around playing with everyone. Suddenly Hondo jumped up and gave his "I'm dead serious!" bark. Made my nephew jump up out of his seat and spin around to see what was behind him. Hubby jumped up and strained to see...someone was standing in our neighbor's front lawn.

I grabbed Hondo's collar while Lonestar barked in false bravado next to us.

Hubby hollared out, "Come out or I'll send the dog!" (he really wouldn't, it's just a threat). Hondo backed him up with another series of barks.

My nephew and hubby started to walk down the drive to see who it was. Hubby all puffed up like an old rooster and nephew ready to defend the hen house in case the old rooster failed to do so.

Hondo (now upset because he isn't allowed to follow the men) sends out another series of barks. Lonestar decides to stay with me.

Hubby calls out "Hey!" No reply.

Half way down the drive, they both stop dead. I know hubby carries and my nephew is well versed in self defense (service man). But honestly, I'm getting a little nervous. They both stand there for a moment, then turn around and walk back.

I let Hondo loose and walk to meet them.

I say, "Who is it?"

Nephew, "Santa. His lights aren't working".

Geesh.

I wonder if Santa knows how lucky he is that he's still in one piece

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #28835 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Does it look like this:
We live out in the country, so not only is their house lit up, all the trees in the front yard is too. They have those blow up air things going, reindeer etc. At this point, it's only poor Santa that stands in the dark.

This morning as I drove by I laughed my head off. In the morning light, it's obvious it's Santa.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #28836 (permalink)
Knighted Member

What is it about dogs and christmas decorations? One of our neighbors across the street has those wire-frame, christmas-light reindeer. One of them flashes, at weird intervals (and different body parts). Baxter WOULD NOT poop last night because every time he'd start doing the poop dance, Rudolph would go dark. And then flash on. It was just too much for him to handle, apparently.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #28837 (permalink)
Elite Member

He didn't like being in the "spotlight" as he was trying to do his business LOL

Last week when I was at the off leash park with Kyleigh, there were a couple of dogs WAAAYYY ahead of us (it was dark, all you could see were their lighted collars).

She stopped, and was watching the "lights" come towards her ... then suddenly they were running right at her! She started barking like crazy ... then suddenly, caught their scent and stopped barking. I swear if I could have seen her face she would have looked sheepish .. oops I was barking at ... um ... the lights, really, I didn't realize they were dogs!

I've christened all the "lighted" dogs as christmas trees and nova stars, so now when I see them, I say hey Ky, look, there's running christmas trees and a nova star ... without fail she knows what I am talking about, and doesn't bark at them anymore!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #28838 (permalink)
Elite Member

My BFF gave me this Christmas tree made of horse shoes that had lights in all the nail holes. Milla liked it so much she ate a few of the lights off. I am surprised it still works. Of course when I asked hubby where he was when this was going on he replied with "um I don't know". I know where he was. Sitting at the counter looking straight at the thing and not paying attention, because the TV is above it.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #28839 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia_bear View Post
Hopefully she'll come around, speaking from experience it's really hard to watch one of your parents restart their life but that's a really immature reaction. She should count her lucky stars that she actually has a stepmom that cares enough about her to be affected her statement. I wouldn't let it bother you, focus on the positive, she'll regret what she's missing out on.
Thanks. I know the fact that I am younger than her Dad upsets her, and seeing him with anyone other than her mom upsets her- which I do understand- but my husband and her mom were never together after she was born. Her mom left him when she was 6 months pregnant with her for another man and that was that. To make matters worse the whole family has gotten involved in this and its just blown up into something completely ridiculous. I know I should really let it go-but the more I think about it the more upset I get. I feel like she is looking down her nose at my children-her little siblings- and that just pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Patchon - I have siblings that are 10-17 years younger than me. I love each of them dearly and when we lost our youngest brother in a car accident at the age of 18, it was devastating. She is missing out on an important piece of her life and really, even as mad as it makes you to see what she said, is to be pitied that instead of filling her life with love...she chose spite, anger and jealousy.
I'm sorry to hear you lost your little brother, Jax. I really do hope she will come around. Maybe she just needs more time to mature as a person
before she realizes what she is missing. In the mean time though, this is a really hard pill to swallow.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #28840 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Time to go and see if I have to move parking buddy's car...

Despite doing well while learning, this is causing far more anxiety than I thought. Ugh. Why can't the parking people just match up drivers with a manual transmission car with, oh, I dunno, someone who indicates that they are capable of driving a manual transmission car?!

Boo...

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.