The Random Thread - Page 2883 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #28821 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Evybear - how much water do you drink? I have the same problem with my skin - living where I do, it's no surprise! Personally, I hate drinking plain water, but in the winter time I force myself to drink 3 big glasses of water a day ... and all the itchiness and dry skin is gone ... as long as I remember to stay hydrated!

P.S. coffee / tea doesn't count LOL ... I drink enough of both ... it has to be plain water!
I actually drink quite a bit of water... I'm terrible at it when I'm home for some reason, but in the office I refill my 20oz water bottle about 5-6 times throughout the day.

If I religiously put on lotion EVERY day, it's tolerable. It's still there, but I'm not scratching my skin off. I can't use any cheap, wimpy lotion, either.. So far, my best combo is baby oil AND some heavy-duty lotion. Fragrance-free is better, since it doesn't have the alcohols/whatever in it to help the fragrance last longer/dry my skin out.

Drives me NUTS, though! My arms get it some, as well...but it's mostly my legs.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #28822 (permalink)
Elite Member

HMM, have you tried Hemp Cream? They sell it at the body shop The Body Shop - Award-Winning Body Butter

My sister has exzema on her feet and uses this and it really helps ...

It is a bit "greasy" so you might want to only use it at night LOL ... I don't think you want to walk around all day with your clothes stuck to you!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #28823 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
HMM, have you tried Hemp Cream? They sell it at the body shop The Body Shop - Award-Winning Body Butter

My sister has exzema on her feet and uses this and it really helps ...

It is a bit "greasy" so you might want to only use it at night LOL ... I don't think you want to walk around all day with your clothes stuck to you!!!
I may give that a try, along with Michelle's suggestion!

I can just see it now...between the dog hair that gets EVERYWHERE in the house, and the cat hair that's on the bed from the two of them napping there while I'm away at work, I could be waking up with animal hair covering my legs. SO attractive.

I also need to set up the humidifier in my room again. With the dryer weather and the heat turned on, it's annoyingly dry in there.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #28824 (permalink)
Elite Member

OMG ... take a picture and post it on youtube ... look we found the missing link!!!! Could you imagine ... that would be hilarious!!!

Hope they work for you, I know how horrible it is to be itching all day!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #28825 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
OMG ... take a picture and post it on youtube ... look we found the missing link!!!! Could you imagine ... that would be hilarious!!!

Hope they work for you, I know how horrible it is to be itching all day!
Haha, will do! I mean, it's bad enough when I'm working out and I have to do sit-ups or any yoga/stretch that involves being on the floor. Any part of me that comes in contact with said floor that happens to be the slightest bit damp from sweat comes away hairy. Darn pets. They should really learn to clean up after themselves. Or at least stop attacking the vacuum when I try to do it for them.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #28826 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:

PatchonGSD - I'm so sorry to read about your husband's daughter. At her age, she should definitely know better ... you should have offered to rinse her mouth out with soap to get rid of the taste of "vomit" ...
LOL I would certainly enjoy that.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #28827 (permalink)
Elite Member

Hey, my mom did it to me when I swore at her, it worked! (Mind you, i was 13 ... not 22) ... sigh, Maybe once the baby arrives she'll change her attitude.

I've never been in that situation, but I can just imagine how horrible it makes you feel ... some days, corporal punishment is not necessarily a bad thing! Hang in there!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #28828 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I ran a heavy, fresh track yesterday afternoon. Mike came home from hunting with all kinds of tasty things for the dogs.

Lonestar runs it 100 miles an hour. He fans the track, going from the left to the right with the track in the middle. He isn't interested in anything left on the track to bait. He wants the target. He barks, he rushes, nose glued to the ground. The entire world has melted away. The only movie playing in his head is his image of the target. I have to run behind him so to not hinder him on the long lead. Once he finds the target he vocalizes & circles. Then plops down to relish in his prize, looking at me for encouragement. He won't quit. Failure isn't an option.

Hondo is methodical. Slow and steady. Taking his time with every smell. Stops every once in a while to look around to see what else is going on. Then puts his head back down to business. Any bait on the track he'll pick up and enjoy. He'll lick the ground to make sure he hasn't missed a single drop. If he comes across a heavy scent he'll sniff and puff his lips a couple of times to really study the scent. I could nearly take a nap while he follows the track. If I try to encourage him to move along, he'll look at me as if to say, "Seriously? I don't see your nose on the ground..."

Once he finds the target he doesn't vocalize. He calmly stands next to it looking at me for permission to eat it. Permission given, he lays down to enjoy his prize.

Two different breeds. Two different dogs. Two different methods to reach the same goal. One is like watching an action adventure movie, the other like watching a romance movie.

I'm easily entertained.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #28829 (permalink)
Crowned Member

:h ammer:

UNBELIEVABLE

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #28830 (permalink)
Master Member

Hopefully she'll come around, speaking from experience it's really hard to watch one of your parents restart their life but that's a really immature reaction. She should count her lucky stars that she actually has a stepmom that cares enough about her to be affected her statement. I wouldn't let it bother you, focus on the positive, she'll regret what she's missing out on.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.