The Random Thread - Page 2880 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #28791 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I will have to look for that!!

And even if I'm not...I'm going to say that I am, haha! The itch is almost like a mosquito bite. If I don't touch it, it's always there in the background, but is tolerable. The second i touch it, it doesn't stop itching for ages, scratching feels good but doesn't really alleviate it...ugh. It's awful!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #28792 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hm. Sam is supposed to be heading to his workplace to get his tools so that he can get our dishwasher installed this weekend. Instead he's being a chatterbug with our neighbor. I don't really mind, except my dad is coming over in about an hour to help.....

Meanwhile, I've worked out, gathered up trash and recycling, done the dishes, cleaned the litter box, organized a bit, and will be vacuuming (much to Baxter's disgust) in a bit. And then heading to the barn.

Oh well.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #28793 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sometimes I think contact lenses are sooo not worth the trouble. I want to switch from rigid gas permeable to soft. These RGP lenses have been a constant battle for the last two years and I am wearing my glasses more often than my contacts. My eyes will get to feeling like they are burning so I take my lenses out and then my vision is all blurry even with my glasses on for at least a day.

Evan, have you tried seeing if taking a Benedryl makes the itching go away? If it does then you know you are dealing with an allergy and not just dry skin. That sounds really awful though, I think itching is a worse feeling than actual pain. It can almost drive you insane!
Good_Karma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #28794 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Leah, I may try that tonight. Poor Sam is going to curl up and cry when I tell him that. I have a tendency to get really nasty when I'm on Benadryl. He tried to wake me up once to move from the couch to the bed and I tried to take a swing at him. Oops.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #28795 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Evan - that does sound like an allergy to something. I would try some benadryl.

You can find the Fruit of the Earth at Walmart and Kmart. It's in a white plastic jar, two to a pack. Works better than Eucerin.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #28796 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Leah, I may try that tonight. Poor Sam is going to curl up and cry when I tell him that. I have a tendency to get really nasty when I'm on Benadryl. He tried to wake me up once to move from the couch to the bed and I tried to take a swing at him. Oops.
Wow, that's kind of crazy! It almost sounds like you are allergic to Benedryl lol.
Good_Karma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #28797 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
You could try claritin.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #28798 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm calling in my birthday dinner out voucher. He didn't know he gave me one but I called it anyways! Fajita's!!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #28799 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ugh another thing I hate about living here is my BIL still shows up sometimes. He was looking for N64 cords and he totally trashed the basement looking for it. There are cords and boxes pulled out of the closets and thrown around everywhere. He even came in our bedroom without our permission digging through our stuff even though I told him we didn't have his N64 cords and he turned the lights out on my birds, so when I came in here they had been sitting there in the dark.

AND he left the latch off the gate, so as we were leaving in the truck the dogs came running out of the gate and were chasing each other through the streets which has busy traffic. Chrono came back when I called him but Sascha has no recall. We ended up following her in the truck for about 15 minutes trying to get her back, and I finally caught her by luring her with food.

Ugh he makes me so angry. The dogs could have been hit by a vehicle so easily.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #28800 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
Ugh another thing I hate about living here is my BIL still shows up sometimes. He was looking for N64 cords and he totally trashed the basement looking for it. There are cords and boxes pulled out of the closets and thrown around everywhere. He even came in our bedroom without our permission digging through our stuff even though I told him we didn't have his N64 cords and he turned the lights out on my birds, so when I came in here they had been sitting there in the dark.

AND he left the latch off the gate, so as we were leaving in the truck the dogs came running out of the gate and were chasing each other through the streets which has busy traffic. Chrono came back when I called him but Sascha has no recall. We ended up following her in the truck for about 15 minutes trying to get her back, and I finally caught her by luring her with food.

Ugh he makes me so angry. The dogs could have been hit by a vehicle so easily.
Oh man he sounds like came right from the same line as my dad's family. Of their own volition they have no boundaries. None. They feel free to go to each others houses at any time, look through the mail, dig through your cabinets for things, etc. My dad had to establish some definite boundaries once he married my mom, as she was not accustomed to this mindset and had no intrest in growing accustom to it.

NewbieShepherdGirl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.