The Random Thread - Page 2876 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #28751 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Nancy- OMG I almost died. I've had some bad slips in front of my boss (When I'm really tired or stressed I tend to decline language-wise and basically feel like my tongue is made of concrete... much stuttering ensues), but never like that. Hah!!

Leah-- hm...spicy blueberry sauce... sounds interesting Did re-washing the FP work? I've heard to rub it down with butter and/or milk (that sounds dirty, hah) before washing it..it seemed to work with my knives.
You've given me the idea to make some sort of spicy fruity thing... I wanted to make some sort of pie or something with blackberry brandy, maybe I could make it spicy. I've had AWESOME raspberry hot sauce before.

So my sister in law texted me that she was going into labor!! She's not due til 1/7 so it was a little alarming. I called her and she said everything was fine and they gave her drugs to stop the contractions. I could hear my brother "talking" to baby Audrey and telling her not to go towards the light at the end of the tunnel I wonder how long they can keep the baby in with those drugs?? The doctors didn't seem too concerned, they said she'd actually be basically ok this early and that she and mom are very healthy still. So, looks like in a coupe of weeks I may get to meet my niece
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #28752 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Karma View Post
Excerpt from the List of Stupid Things I Have Done:

Made hot sauce from jalapeños and some other orange hot pepper, which included running them through the food processor. Washed dishes, prepared to make a maple blueberry sauce. Ran through food processor. Licked spatula. Tongue is on fire!!!

Blueberry sauce is not supposed to be spicy.

Although I have to say that does not top saying the phrase "c(r)ock pot" to your boss. That is awesome.
To someone that makes just about everything spicy, that sounds really good!

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #28753 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I will have to remember the butter trick, I can't tell if the blueberry stuff is spicy or not, after that first taste my tongue was still burning. Makes me think those orange mystery peppers were habaneros or something.

I sealed up the blueberry sauce in half pint canning jars. It's meant to be Christmas gifts for family, now I wonder if I should re-label the jars from Maple Blueberry Sauce to Spicy Blueberry Sauce? Blueberry Surprise? Well, at any rate I am pretty sure my dad will eat it either way lol.
Good_Karma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #28754 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Well, looks like Sam is going to be stuck teaching me how to drive a manual whether he likes it or not.

At work, the parking lot I'm in has tandem parking spots. You and your parking buddy exchange keys, and move the other car as needed depending on your schedules. Whoever gets in first parks all the way forward.

I've been lucky so far in that they've all been automatics. But my new buddy? Not so much. The answer to my question was my worst fear: It's a manual.

I just HOPE it's not as nice as the other cars I've had to drive. Me? I have a beat up old '93. My first buddy? A rather luxurious Audi. My next one? A fancypants BMW SUV. I keep getting stuck with the high-up business dudes who wear fancy suits. Every time I have to apologize for the excessive amounts of dog fur, because my tiny little car is the Baxter Mobile.

Ugghhh. Hello, Anxiety!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #28755 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Karma View Post
I will have to remember the butter trick, I can't tell if the blueberry stuff is spicy or not, after that first taste my tongue was still burning. Makes me think those orange mystery peppers were habaneros or something.

I sealed up the blueberry sauce in half pint canning jars. It's meant to be Christmas gifts for family, now I wonder if I should re-label the jars from Maple Blueberry Sauce to Spicy Blueberry Sauce? Blueberry Surprise? Well, at any rate I am pretty sure my dad will eat it either way lol.
And if not you could always send some to your friend Christina in Illinois.....

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #28756 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think it's a little un-nerving that lots of folks don't realize that there really is no such thing as a "pet" home. The dog just has a different job to do that can't be measured by a piece of paper.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #28757 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Well, looks like Sam is going to be stuck teaching me how to drive a manual whether he likes it or not.

At work, the parking lot I'm in has tandem parking spots. You and your parking buddy exchange keys, and move the other car as needed depending on your schedules. Whoever gets in first parks all the way forward.

I've been lucky so far in that they've all been automatics. But my new buddy? Not so much. The answer to my question was my worst fear: It's a manual.

I just HOPE it's not as nice as the other cars I've had to drive. Me? I have a beat up old '93. My first buddy? A rather luxurious Audi. My next one? A fancypants BMW SUV. I keep getting stuck with the high-up business dudes who wear fancy suits. Every time I have to apologize for the excessive amounts of dog fur, because my tiny little car is the Baxter Mobile.

Ugghhh. Hello, Anxiety!
I am SO glad I'm not the only one our age who can't drive a standard. Jer tried teaching me but the clutch on his car was REALLY weird (he even stalled occasionally) and it was SO hard and I panicked and decided to never do it again, lol.

I came home from work at 10AM today. I feel like my whole body is on fire... anyways, I went to take a nap (the dog was outside helping to rake leaves)... I woke up about four hours later to find Echo laying on the floor next to me something about him foregoing being outside with Jereme to come in and nap with me just made me almost cry. He was SO excited when I woke up, too. It's the little things <3
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #28758 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I am SO glad I'm not the only one our age who can't drive a standard. Jer tried teaching me but the clutch on his car was REALLY weird (he even stalled occasionally) and it was SO hard and I panicked and decided to never do it again, lol.

I came home from work at 10AM today. I feel like my whole body is on fire... anyways, I went to take a nap (the dog was outside helping to rake leaves)... I woke up about four hours later to find Echo laying on the floor next to me something about him foregoing being outside with Jereme to come in and nap with me just made me almost cry. He was SO excited when I woke up, too. It's the little things <3
Sam keeps saying he'll teach me...and then claims that I will totally burn out the clutch. So he doesn't. But nope, you aren't the only one! I want to learn, though. I always point out to Sam that if we're ever out and he happens to drink just a bit too much, but we have his car... There's no way we could leave. He usually brushes my scenarios off and says they won't happen.

Aww...there really is something about their faces when you wake up. With Baxter having free range of the room, there's just something that makes me feel special that he chooses to sleep right next to me on the floor. And his face just lights up when he sees that I'm awake. Dogs are the best!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #28759 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I passed my audit with a 89%. I'm disappointed. My goal was 90%. (You can never be 100% because there is always room for improvement). My team said that was good. I said, "Sure, if you expect to be average. We aren't average."
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #28760 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
I passed my audit with a 89%. I'm disappointed. My goal was 90%. (You can never be 100% because there is always room for improvement). My team said that was good. I said, "Sure, if you expect to be average. We aren't average."
B+ isn't average. A C is average. Sounds like you did good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.