The Random Thread - Page 2873 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #28721 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
Given the reputation of this forum (from folks far less....restrainable(??) as you and I), I'm rather surprised that thread hasn't erupted in either troll-calling or "how stupid are you?" calling. Sadly, I don't suspect a a troll Poor dog.
We were just called ignorant and rude...oh and I'm atrocious. Does that count as a "how stupid are you"?

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #28722 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
We were just called ignorant and rude...oh and I'm atrocious. Does that count as a "how stupid are you"?
Oh my, I just found THAT thread too...

....is it a full moon?
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #28723 (permalink)
Crowned Member

yes...I think it is...let me go look!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #28724 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My cat is brain damaged. He ran across the house and headfirst, at full speed, into the closed dog crate. It was like something out of a cartoon. He crumpled like an accordion and then bounced away.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #28725 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
My cat is brain damaged. He ran across the house and headfirst, at full speed, into the closed dog crate. It was like something out of a cartoon. He crumpled like an accordion and then bounced away.

My roommate in grad school had a cat who literally was brain damaged... weirdest animal ever. Very cross-eyed, very uncoordinated, and would frequently fall off things. I'll never forget coming home and finding that he had eaten TWO loaves of cinnamon bread-- that were on the top shelf of the pantry.

That thread just got even better, btw.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #28726 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Ugh. I wish Sam would listen to me. Baxter is still really excited about freedom in the bedroom. It's new. It's the BEST THING EVER in his mind. Sam's method of getting him to settle down and go to sleep is to loudly give commands and get frustrated. Me? I stay calm, tell Baxter to lay down and that it's time to go to sleep. With Sam? He gets hyper. Spinning in circles, sniffing everything, flipping around, etc. Me? Laid right down, causes no trouble, and now he is sleeping peacefully on the floor by my side of the bed.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #28727 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I can't stop watching this for some reason:

Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #28728 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Ugh. The more I think about the spots that are healing on Baxter.... The more I think he may have a minor staph infection. It doesn't appear to be getting WORSE, but it also doesn't appear to be getting any BETTER.

Here's my dilemma: The last time I showed these to my vet, he gave us a cream to us to heal the sores, but that was it. The first time Baxter has this, we took him to a different vet because ours was closed, and he was miserable. I wanted it taken care of ASAP. They put him on Simplicef and gave us pyoben gel as a topical treatment. It cleared up VERY quickly. I let our vet know, and he didn't listen.

I am SO BAD at putting my foot down and demanding the treatment that I know will work. I go in there thinking I can do it, and then I just cave when they say they know best. Arggghhh. Why can't I find a vet with a good balance of both holistic AND conventional treatment approaches?

Do I take him to the other vet (which, unfortunately, is at the e-vet, so they want to charge an arm and a leg), or express my opinion on the phone with our regular vet and ask them to consider that route of treatment seriously? I don't want this getting any worse, and it doesn't seem to be healing on its own.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #28729 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Do I take him to the other vet (which, unfortunately, is at the e-vet, so they want to charge an arm and a leg), or express my opinion on the phone with our regular vet and ask them to consider that route of treatment seriously? I don't want this getting any worse, and it doesn't seem to be healing on its own.
I think you should try talking to your vet again and if over the phone is more comfortable, do that. I have that bad habit too but we need to stick up for what we know is best for our pups.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #28730 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdraven View Post
I think you should try talking to your vet again and if over the phone is more comfortable, do that. I have that bad habit too but we need to stick up for what we know is best for our pups.
Thanks, Jamie.. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I suppose I worry about bringing it up due to feeling a bit ashamed. While I love my dog and say that I'd do anything for him, I end up caving quite a bit with the vet. And sometimes they're right. But not always.

I'll give them a call in a bit and talk with them about it, and just let them know that ointment isn't working, voice my concern over the staph infection, and ask about antibiotics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.