The Random Thread - Page 2870 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #28691 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I posted this on Facebook last night... But Baxter is now trying to reward himself. He'll intentionally do something he's not supposed to - but nothing major. Just rummaging through my work bag, or some such thing that will get him a simple, "Leave it" command. But here's the great thing! Once I give the command and he listens, I start to praise him, and then I notice that he's walked over to the treats and it staring at me as though to say, "Well? I did what you said. Now give me my freaking cookie."

He also knows when it's time for bed - he'll walk over to the gate that we have blocking the stairs, look back at us, paw at the gate, look back at us...

At my parents' house? If the water dish is empty, he walks over to the sink and waits for someone to notice.

Sometimes it terrifies me that he's able to connect the dots on certain situations.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #28692 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
I posted this on Facebook last night... But Baxter is now trying to reward himself. He'll intentionally do something he's not supposed to - but nothing major. Just rummaging through my work bag, or some such thing that will get him a simple, "Leave it" command. But here's the great thing! Once I give the command and he listens, I start to praise him, and then I notice that he's walked over to the treats and it staring at me as though to say, "Well? I did what you said. Now give me my freaking cookie."

He also knows when it's time for bed - he'll walk over to the gate that we have blocking the stairs, look back at us, paw at the gate, look back at us...

At my parents' house? If the water dish is empty, he walks over to the sink and waits for someone to notice.

Sometimes it terrifies me that he's able to connect the dots on certain situations.

You have nothing to worry about until he takes out a life insurance policy on you.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #28693 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
You have nothing to worry about until he takes out a life insurance policy on you.
I DID just joke about switching my beneficiary from Sam to Baxter the other month... Maybe he's whispering to me in my sleep to control my every move. Sneaky dog.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #28694 (permalink)
Crowned Member

eeeeeee we're renting the acreage!! But only until he sells it, which he'll try to do in the spring. But it's pretty expensive so it might take a while. It doesn't matter, at least we'll be out of this stupid house. Honestly I want to buy this acreage, it's gorgeous, and unbelievably close to the city.

This is the listing for it:

Remenda Acreage, Saskatoon: MLS® # 445475: Aberdeen Real Estate: Royal Lepage Saskatoon Real Estate
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #28695 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
eeeeeee we're renting the acreage!! But only until he sells it, which he'll try to do in the spring. But it's pretty expensive so it might take a while. It doesn't matter, at least we'll be out of this stupid house. Honestly I want to buy this acreage, it's gorgeous, and unbelievably close to the city.

Remenda Acreage, Saskatoon: MLS® # 445475: Aberdeen Real Estate: Royal Lepage Saskatoon Real Estate
That is gorgeous! Good luck!

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #28696 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:

Whoo Hooo! It is gorgeous! When do you get to move in? Before Christmas I hope! T
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #28697 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Whoo Hooo! It is gorgeous! When do you get to move in? Before Christmas I hope! T
Me too! I'm not quite sure when we're moving in yet, hopefully this weekend.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #28698 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Me too! I'm not quite sure when we're moving in yet, hopefully this weekend.
I can't imagine WHY you'd want to get out of the current living arrangements as soon as humanely possible. I mean, those in-laws and their monsters/children sound just DELIGHTFUL.

Seriously though, congrats on it all working out! It looks fantastic. Hopefully having some space for yourself, your husband and the pets will allow you to relax a bit. Things have sounded a teensy bit tense for you lately!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #28699 (permalink)
Elite Member

WOW looks awesome ... do your dogs know how to wipe their paws? LOL lots of carpet in that house !!!!

Way to go, i really hope you guys can move soon!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #28700 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
I can't imagine WHY you'd want to get out of the current living arrangements as soon as humanely possible. I mean, those in-laws and their monsters/children sound just DELIGHTFUL.

Seriously though, congrats on it all working out! It looks fantastic. Hopefully having some space for yourself, your husband and the pets will allow you to relax a bit. Things have sounded a teensy bit tense for you lately!
That's for sure! What's worse is my husband's family also does this secret santa thing and to rub salt in the would, we were picked to buy my neice and my SIL's husband gifts this year. It's like "HEY THANKS FOR BEING SUPER LOUD ALL THE TIME AND TAKING AWAY OUR BASEMENT AND ALL OF OUR PRIVACY AND FREEDOM, HERE'S A PRESENT!" Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
WOW looks awesome ... do your dogs know how to wipe their paws? LOL lots of carpet in that house !!!!

Way to go, i really hope you guys can move soon!
Oh darn I'm going to be running around with a carpet cleaner all day aren't I? Lol!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Hopefully I'll be less insane and ranty around here from now on .

Except when we're forced to move out of the acreage when someone buys it, I think I'm going to cry. It's like my dream house. And it's super close to the dog park and my favorite frozen yogurt store .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.