The Random Thread - Page 2869 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #28681 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Next time she says that, I'd say, "Yes, it's only the CIA that are allowed to have GSDs." Then wink at her.
Ha! I totally should. I'm sure she'd find something horrendous about that as well - her family is filled with liars who are out of touch with reality...some such nonsense.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #28682 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Evan-- I'm so sorry you're going through this with your sister I do thank you for the reminder of how normal my family is, though My aunts are both insane but at least it's harmless insanity. I wish I had some sort of profound advice for you, though it doesn't seem that there's any way to get through to her. And I agree with Nancy...use the CIA thing to your advantage

Sayoransbear-- I totally get what you mean about social contact. I find it exhausting... I like being around my friends, but it wears me out pretty quickly and so I tend to avoid it. I HATE when therapists try to tell you what you think (come to think of it, I hate when my husband does it too)... there are a very, very select few people I can tolerate being around (including people I would consider close friends), and that is limited to my parents, my husband, and my best friend. And that's only because they understand that I need "breaks" and that I don't talk a lot, etc...or they just have the same sort of personality... if I'm spacing out, I'm just recharging. Hanging out with people who talk a lot, etc is exhausting to me. It sounds like your hubby "gets" you, so enjoy it...there's nothing wrong with you two being the only people the other can stand, lol.

Work today was absolutely miserable... I kept having this suspicious feeling that I was surrounded by idiots.... and then I realized I work for the government.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #28683 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I can't get this song out of my head:

Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #28684 (permalink)
WDC

I thought The Adventures of Pluto Nash was a good movie.
WDC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #28685 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Glad I can help you to appreciate the normalcy of your family, Tory! I really hope that she may have just been in a crappy mood as opposed to getting out of control again. I'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Also, unrelated, but I think Baxter is half broken. Ever since he was little, he has had one eye that would just water constantly. It never really changed, regardless of what food/vitamins he was on. Now, for the past few months, he has had one ear get dirty ALL the time. Doesn't matter how often I clean it, it just keeps getting gunky. The vet said his inner ear looks totally fine - no sign of infection. It doesn't smell. It's just ALWAYS dirty.

Aaaaand his poo has smelled horrendous the past few days. It's not soft or anything. It just smells awful. Worse than usual, that is, poo never smells good. Maybe the excitement of being uncrated at night? Different from his usual routine? I can't think of anything else.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #28686 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Last night I was pulling some veggies out of the fridge. I had the door open, turned to place the veggies on the counter, turned back around and Hondo had his head in the fridge.

Sneaky little booger.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #28687 (permalink)
Elite Member

Hondo's no dummy LOL

Kyleigh knows where the ice cubes come from ... so when she's thirsty she goes to the fridge and barks at the ice dispenser ... nothing like nice cold ice cubes !!! (And her water bowl is only 5 feet away from the fridge!)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #28688 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh MY!! Called U-Haul regarding my truck for next week, they do not have a reservation on file for me, despite the fact I have a confirmation number and booked 3 weeks ago. Love live chat though! Giving them crap right now LOL
ozzymama is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #28689 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Hondo's no dummy LOL

Kyleigh knows where the ice cubes come from ... so when she's thirsty she goes to the fridge and barks at the ice dispenser ... nothing like nice cold ice cubes !!! (And her water bowl is only 5 feet away from the fridge!)
No matter where in the house she is, if Milla hears the ice maker she runs and sits right in front of it and stares at you until you give her one. Goof.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #28690 (permalink)
Elite Member

Who's trained who eh? They are such characters!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.