The Random Thread - Page 2866 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #28651 (permalink)

I won't tell Patti. . Congrats!

It's finally 11pm and time for Jonah's last meal. He has to get meds every 8 hours which means staying up even if I'm tired. His feet are finally looking better though so it's worth it.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #28652 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I usually hate black friday, too. I did stop at pet supplies plus on the way to the Dr today for a 20% off everything sale... got the dog's christmas shopping done (and gave them there presents today) ... pretty nice!

On the flip side, the third doctor who has seen my skin irritation/rashes now says they are flea bites and ringworm. None of my dogs have ringworm (or the dogs I work with) and none have fleas (or the dogs I work with)... he was an indian guy and told me I should kill my dogs to solve the problem. Seriously. No joking about his tone.

And I have a bladder infection. That's certain, but I still have no idea what these itchy rashes are that I'm getting, that spread all over my body, but not to other people. I really need a family doctor, but I haven't been able to find one and have never had one before.
Wow, kill your dogs? I'd have called him out on that one!
DJ, have you ever looked into using colloidal silver to help with your issue? One of my friends brews it, maybe look into it? So far nothing else has worked! Here is a good fb page that promotes the benefits of CS:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve...101064?fref=ts
Rest in peace sweet kitty kitty...sorry for your loss Alexis.

Last edited by onyx'girl; 11-26-2012 at 11:03 PM.
onyx'girl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #28653 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzymama View Post
I left a card with a $50 gift card for a restaurant and a note to take the kids for dinner on us. Sometimes I am not a raving bitch But don't let it get around!
Patti, wow, that was very nice of you.

Alexis, I am so sorry to hear of your cat's passing. Hugs.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #28654 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Ugghhhh.

It looks like my sister is looking for an excuse to start explosive arguments/fights between family members again. As usual, she's trying to pin it all on my mom.

She was doing SO WELL for a while (by which I mean we were all civil to each other - she's done too much damage for us to be close), but it looks like she's going back to..well...not being okay.

She's claiming that she wasn't in any of the family photos from the wedding, which is ludicrous. I just sent all of the family photos over to my mom so that she can pass it along. Shockingly, she's in every single one. Sibling pictures? Check. Full family photos? Check.

I do NOT understand her.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #28655 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Oi vey.... I feel like a slug today. I try not to complain, but sometimes I just have to, lol. My hands and feet and ankles are all painfully swollen and my back is killing me, I just want to sleep alllllllll day.... it took me an hour to get out of bed this morning because sitting up hurt so bad. This. Disease. Sucks. Though I read what some of the people are going through on the lupus forums and such and I do count my lucky stars.... usually my flare ups aren't THAT bad...some of these poor people
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #28656 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
Oi vey.... I feel like a slug today. I try not to complain, but sometimes I just have to, lol. My hands and feet and ankles are all painfully swollen and my back is killing me, I just want to sleep alllllllll day.... it took me an hour to get out of bed this morning because sitting up hurt so bad. This. Disease. Sucks. Though I read what some of the people are going through on the lupus forums and such and I do count my lucky stars.... usually my flare ups aren't THAT bad...some of these poor people
Awww, sorry to hear you're having a rough day, Tory. I will admit that I know next to nothing about lupus, but is there anything you can do that may help alleviate flare ups?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #28657 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Looking for Opinions.....

My youngest sister married my mother's sister's husband's sister's son. So he is related, some sort of cousin, but not by blood. And honestly, before they married, I never even met him. But he is close with all my cousins etc. He is the father of my neice and nephew. So no matter what, he will always be in the family. In my opinion, my sister should have thought about that when she married "in" the family. Just sayin....

They were married for 15 years, had two wonderful children and then divorced. My sister is a control freak and he was very child like, but a nice guy.

I refuse to be ugly to (or gossip about) him. He is my neice & nephew's father. Perhaps not the best father, but that is between him and his nearly adult children (17 & 19) now.

Here is where it begins to get sticky. My eldest sister is good friends with the ex's new girlfriend. (They've been divorced 5 years now.) My youngest sister thinks the rest of the family should be angry with the oldest sister because she is in camp with the 'enemy'.

So now, the youngest sister is trying to get the rest of the family to draw a line in the sand. I refuse to. Their divorce wasn't because of anything sinister. And honestly, he should have a medal for staying with her as long as he did.

I won't be told who I can or who I can't play with. Am I wrong on this one?
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #28658 (permalink)
Crowned Member

No, Nancy, you are not wrong. I just had this discussion with a friend. Your youngest sister needs to let go of some anger and spite or she'll be a very unhappy person.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #28659 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
No, Nancy, you are not wrong. I just had this discussion with a friend. Your youngest sister needs to let go of some anger and spite or she'll be a very unhappy person.
Just like MY sister!!!!

(though to be fair, I should probably let go of my own resentment toward her )

Nancy, I don't think you're wrong on this one at all. And I'm not just saying that because I want to seek your protection in the event of the zombie apocalypse.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #28660 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think the thing that is raising my hackles is that she is dragging my parents into it. Expecting them to draw the line. My mom just lost her sister, so she is still really raw where it comes to family ties. My youngest sister is taking advantage of this. Then of course her children are just soaking in her resentment. My nephew is away at college, so he doesn't have it as bad as my neice.

And Evan, of course you can join our Apocalypse team! We still need someone to cook! LOL!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.