The Random Thread - Page 2864 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #28631 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaity View Post
Theres mold at work, and I suspect a lot of it in the walls. 2 workers are constantly clearing their throats and now me. Did my research, this is my body trying to prevent the spores from entering my lungs. Also have constant headaches now..

In Canada, does anybody know where I'd go to speak to somebody about this: not trying to cheap out my employers but I can't just up and quit, however my health is being compromised. Or, does anybody know how long the employer has to fix the problem given it's been brought up?
Call the health inspector. they can't run restaurants like that and the report should be anonymous.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #28632 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Dear Son,

Baked Beans are not tax deductible and please give me receipts I can read.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #28633 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
On the flip side, the third doctor who has seen my skin irritation/rashes now says they are flea bites and ringworm. None of my dogs have ringworm (or the dogs I work with) and none have fleas (or the dogs I work with)... he was an indian guy and told me I should kill my dogs to solve the problem. Seriously. No joking about his tone.
Yikes... I would find a better doctor.... feel better!!!

Had an awesome week/end with the parents. I feel like I could sleep for days though, no escaping hubby snoring We also took out an equity loan on one of our rental houses to pay for my student loans.... much lower interest, much better terms, much better payments...with my small, local bank...aka no selling of the loan, etc. Muahahaha.... I feel like I've won the game, since student loan lenders are con artist crooks.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #28634 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Finally, tomorrow is the day we will find out if we can rent that acreage or not. I've tried not to get excited, but I've done a poor job and if the answer is 'no' I really don't know what I'll do.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #28635 (permalink)
Knighted Member

So sad the holiday weekend is over! It was such a nice (and needed) break.

I did get to spend some time with my sister and my two youngest nieces which is always a blast. They were ADORABLE with Baxter, and he was so very good with them. Despite not spending much time around small children (they're 3 and 18 months), he always does so so well. The youngest is still a bit timid around him (I suppose he IS rather large), but the older of the two is head over heels in love with him. He played with the older girl, and would follow the youngest around the house when she would wander off - such a good and gentle babysitter.

He was sooooo exhausted by the end of their visit though. When we went back home yesterday, all he wanted to do was lay down on the couch with his head in my lap and just REST. They wore him out, apparently.

In NOT so pleasant news, I so hope that my parents took me seriously and are getting their dog into the vet ASAP. A few weeks ago, he had a rash on his belly/groin area, but they said that it looked to be getting better. I saw it over the weekend. It looks absolutely AWFUL. Discolored skin (dark brown/black), red sores, red patches, and the skin was oozing. They got a very stern lecture, and I'll be calling over my lunch break to make sure they've made an appointment for him. It looks so, so painful.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #28636 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Good luck, Syaroansbear! I hate the anticipation of waiting on the all-clear for the perfect place. Did you guys decide if you are going to house-sit concurrently? It might be worth the money you'd pay in rent (and it sounds like a killer deal) for those couple of months just to hold it and have it available after. We've been in that situation a couple of times, and especially if you're not paying a rent/mortgage elsewhere, it's so worth it.

I found my dream job as a physical scientist for the Coast Guard. It's in CT, very close to my parents which at least temporarily solves the housing problem (as degrading as it is... we just can't keep swinging a $2000 rent and a $2000 mortgage a month). It pays well, and best of all I'll be doing my own research. The problem lies in the fact that they'll have about 300 applicants, and when applying for federal jobs, there is no one to talk to. Everything gets submitted electronically and then screened with software a few times... so it's not like you can call and shmooze with a real person about why you'd be a good fit. I'm trying not to get my hopes up; I've applied for a few federal "dream jobs" and never made it past "Applicant qualified but not forwarded". It's sort of annoying, because I am VERY qualified for this position (they want someone with a tech background).
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #28637 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have to euthanize my 15 year old cat today. Her appointment is at 11:30 and I can't stop counting the minutes. She's been on a slow decline for the last few months, but the last 24 hours have been terrible. I don't know if she had a stroke or threw a clot or something but she has lost control of her back legs and can't keep any food down. I can't see her suffer like this.

She was my first pet and she will be my first loss. I can't hold it together for longer than a few minutes at a time before I break down. This is killing me.
GatorDog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #28638 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
I have to euthanize my 15 year old cat today. Her appointment is at 11:30 and I can't stop counting the minutes. She's been on a slow decline for the last few months, but the last 24 hours have been terrible. I don't know if she had a stroke or threw a clot or something but she has lost control of her back legs and can't keep any food down. I can't see her suffer like this.

She was my first pet and she will be my first loss. I can't hold it together for longer than a few minutes at a time before I break down. This is killing me.
I'm so sorry!
It's heartbreaking, even when in the best interest of the animal.

Kat
KatsMuse is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #28639 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Only ya'll would understand...

We are planning a long weekend at my husband's lease. Because all the guns are going to be there, they want me to bring Lonestar to blood track. Because it's a long weekend, I'm going to bring Hondo as well. (He'll have to be crated during hunting.)

Because all the guns are going to be there, we are going to stay at a nearby hotel. Another gun called hubby and said he found a hotel closeby that allows dogs. BUT - they have special kennels set up for the dogs. So the dog(s) wouldn't be in your room, but be in kennels at the hotel. He said he ran by last weekend and they are large runs that go outside, but allow the dogs to go inside as well.

There is no way at all in this world where I would take my dogs to a strange place and kennel them away from me. It would break my heart. I just couldn't do it.

I guess if it were an emergency and I had no choice, it would be better than leaving them at home alone. But for a fun, long weekend? Never gonna happen.

Luckily, hubby agreed with me. He said Hondo would never forgive him. I really think he's right on this one.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #28640 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsMuse View Post
I'm so sorry!
It's heartbreaking, even when in the best interest of the animal.

Kat
Thank you. I just can't believe she's gone.
GatorDog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.