The Random Thread - Page 2863 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #28621 (permalink)
Elite Member

We have boxing day. We don't need black friday!

Any ideas how I can politely text my landlord (owner and tenant,) upstairs asking her to get her 3/4 year old son to stop stomping and running across the house? As a general rule I was never allowed to run in the house growing up.. he's been running this morning and it sounds like the dishes in my cupboards and shaking. Happens a lot at night too when I get home from work..

I try to sleep and BOOM. Stomp.

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #28622 (permalink)
Elite Member

We are having "black friday" in Ottawa this year, have no clue how it's going since I hate shopping LOL
Old 11-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #28623 (permalink)
Elite Member

I volunteer to work every year on Black Friday. At the clinic. I hate shopping, hate malls, hate crowds and generally dislike people. I'm happy to take care of the sick animals instead AND I get holiday pay. All those crazy shoppers can have their fun.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #28624 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaity View Post
We have boxing day. We don't need black friday!

Any ideas how I can politely text my landlord (owner and tenant,) upstairs asking her to get her 3/4 year old son to stop stomping and running across the house? As a general rule I was never allowed to run in the house growing up.. he's been running this morning and it sounds like the dishes in my cupboards and shaking. Happens a lot at night too when I get home from work..

I try to sleep and BOOM. Stomp.
Ugh I know how you feel. I can't stand that stomping noise. I can hear it perfectly clearly even with earplugs in. My niece and nephew pound and run across the floor all day. Lately my nephew has been really into making a train out of chairs. What he does is he drags all the chairs upstairs across the hardwood floor until they are all lined up like a train. He was doing it last night and he was doing it this morning at 7am. It was SO LOUD and SO ANNOYING.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #28625 (permalink)
Elite Member

Why do parents think this is acceptable? If you have a house with hardwood floors and little insultation between as its an older house.. just no. Seriously, if I were a parent I would have more respect and consideration than that. My nephew was never allowed to romp around my condo like that..

I don't think I'm going to say anything because I'm going to be a week late on my rent (just the way my paydays work.. I can't really do anything about it.) and don't wan't to cause any problems. Their dog keeps getting into the garbage too, not what I want to clean up before going to work thanks. Ugh. I can't WAIT to move.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #28626 (permalink)
Elite Member

Certainly no fun, I'm sure. I know that when I lived downtown A VERY LONG TIME AGO ... I tried to complain about someone's child and was told that it was considered "reasonable noise" between 7 am and 11 pm ... so I was stuck with it.

I got them back (I was in my early 20s, and not so nice then!) I turned up my music to a reasonable level to drown out the child's noise. They came over and asked me to turn it down .. and I said NOPE, I'm trying to cover up your child's noise that drives ME nuts, and my music is not so loud it's breaking the by-law. They got the hint.

Does this mean this is a mature thing to do? Absolutely not!!!! But it worked, and no one got hurt in the process!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #28627 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I usually hate black friday, too. I did stop at pet supplies plus on the way to the Dr today for a 20% off everything sale... got the dog's christmas shopping done (and gave them there presents today) ... pretty nice!

On the flip side, the third doctor who has seen my skin irritation/rashes now says they are flea bites and ringworm. None of my dogs have ringworm (or the dogs I work with) and none have fleas (or the dogs I work with)... he was an indian guy and told me I should kill my dogs to solve the problem. Seriously. No joking about his tone.

And I have a bladder infection. That's certain, but I still have no idea what these itchy rashes are that I'm getting, that spread all over my body, but not to other people. I really need a family doctor, but I haven't been able to find one and have never had one before.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #28628 (permalink)
Elite Member

Theres mold at work, and I suspect a lot of it in the walls. 2 workers are constantly clearing their throats and now me. Did my research, this is my body trying to prevent the spores from entering my lungs. Also have constant headaches now..

In Canada, does anybody know where I'd go to speak to somebody about this: not trying to cheap out my employers but I can't just up and quit, however my health is being compromised. Or, does anybody know how long the employer has to fix the problem given it's been brought up?

Old 11-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #28629 (permalink)
Crowned Member

superhighways one on top of the other and bridges and huge buildings...who thinks up how to do these things??? some stuff you wonder how the heck people knew how to build it.
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #28630 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaity View Post
Why do parents think this is acceptable? If you have a house with hardwood floors and little insultation between as its an older house.. just no. Seriously, if I were a parent I would have more respect and consideration than that. My nephew was never allowed to romp around my condo like that..

I don't think I'm going to say anything because I'm going to be a week late on my rent (just the way my paydays work.. I can't really do anything about it.) and don't wan't to cause any problems. Their dog keeps getting into the garbage too, not what I want to clean up before going to work thanks. Ugh. I can't WAIT to move.
Yeah, I don't understand either. I think they are immune to the noises their children make.

My niece and nephew have been home for a total of 5 minutes and they are are already back to pushing the chairs around the floor again. It's so unbelievably annoying.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.