The Random Thread - Page 2857 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #28561 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hey everyone.
I was wondering if y'all can help me out. I posted a link to Zelda our foster in Non-Urgent rescue. If you guys could share or network her.

Yeah, I know my name is spelled wrong....but it's not about that.

Thanks.
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #28562 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
Ok Sailor Nancy.
I'm all about shock value. It's all I have...
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #28563 (permalink)
Elite Member

I let my chickens out to free range this afternoon. They will only be alone for 2 hours and for some reason I am freaking out about it. I've let them free range while I've come and gone from the homestead before so I'm not sure why I'm so freaked out today.

On a related note a friend is bring me a hen and her 5 chicks! I love chicks they are so much fun. I haven't told hubby yet.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #28564 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My husband decided to ask his boss about the acreage they are renting. We're either going to find someone else to house-sit for the other guy, or worse comes to worse we'll have to house-sit and rent. But the boss needs to ask his wife first so we probably won't know until tomorrow. I'm practically dying with anticipation. We'd get to move in like right away if she says yes, and we'll finally be out of this stupid house and on an ACREAGE where I can play with Chrono outside all day. And maybe Sascha can come live with us too instead of my in-laws tying her up in the garage.

But I have this feeling in my stomach that it's not going to happen. These things just never work out for me. Good things don't happen to me and plans never follow through. That's just the way it works.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #28565 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Dh is still in the hospital, on oxygen. It was CO2 poisoning. The other operator was so shocked when I told him, he says, but Trent drives the best truck in the fleet. Which he does, they gave it to him after just a few months. I'm like well it could have been you if dh had driven the crane, but he was dropping couterweight loads last night for today's jobs, so he bob tailed home and back to the yard. I didn't say it to be a bitch, I meant, this could've happened to any of you guys, they all drive a tractor and a crane. I mean some days they are an operator, driving the crane or boom and some days they are riggers setting up the big cranes (these are all over 100 ton cranes, so they need a small army to erect them LOL)

It's starting to hit me now, I just thank goodness I went with my gut and recognized signs of poisoning and realized it wasn't a flu bug or something. It's only a mild poisoning, so there shouldn't be much long term damage.
ozzymama is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #28566 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Holy crap! I'm glad you caught it early! How freakin' scary!
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #28567 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzymama View Post
Dh is still in the hospital, on oxygen. It was CO2 poisoning. The other operator was so shocked when I told him, he says, but Trent drives the best truck in the fleet. Which he does, they gave it to him after just a few months. I'm like well it could have been you if dh had driven the crane, but he was dropping couterweight loads last night for today's jobs, so he bob tailed home and back to the yard. I didn't say it to be a bitch, I meant, this could've happened to any of you guys, they all drive a tractor and a crane. I mean some days they are an operator, driving the crane or boom and some days they are riggers setting up the big cranes (these are all over 100 ton cranes, so they need a small army to erect them LOL)

It's starting to hit me now, I just thank goodness I went with my gut and recognized signs of poisoning and realized it wasn't a flu bug or something. It's only a mild poisoning, so there shouldn't be much long term damage.
Glad to hear he is going to be alright! How scary. Thoughts to you and your family.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #28568 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:

Oh man, that's scary! So glad that you caught it and that he's going to be just fine.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #28569 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Can you share what those signs were? Might help someone else in the future.

Ok, being purely selfish here. My husband is a walking disaster.
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #28570 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning while in the body

There they are, the biggest thing for me was he got out of his truck and vomitted. Then was complaining of light-headedness. He could barely stand when he got to the house, I had to support him to the couch.
He spent about 7 hours on oxygen and will still have some symptoms for 24 hours, he's pretty disorientated and has short-term memory loss. Now, looking back, it is possible he has been having symptoms of low-level poisoning for about a month, we chalked it up to all the hours he works. So he's home for a couple days, not the best circumstances, but at least I get time with him.
ozzymama is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.