The Random Thread - Page 2855 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #28541 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Of course, it would help if Sam would give me at least SOME clue of what he wants (aside from obscenely expensive fireproof gun safes).
Oh...you're going to hate me.....Academy had $1200.00 Cannon fireproof safes on sale for $299.88 last weekend. They are a discontinued item. Our neighbor works there and hunted everywhere trying to find us one. They had one in a town near us, but the manager said he wouldn't sell it because the handle was broken. Cannon will come fix it and then they'd put it back on the floor.

Knowing we'd miss the last one, I told hubby to drive there. When we arrived I asked for the manager. I told him we called and was told they had one left. He said yes but they couldn't sell it. Then hubby and I played good cop / bad cop (I always get to be the bad cop)...I used the old "I called they said they had one! We drove all the way from Houston! Why didn't they tell us they couldn't sell it!" then I'd walk off while Mike spoke to the manager. Then I'd storm back up and insist on speaking to HIS manager. Then I'd storm off.

Mike earned the pity of the manager who put Mike's name on the safe along with 'sold'. So on Friday we get to go pick it up.

We are such a wicked team. Of course, I got so caught up with the game that I forgot I don't have any place to put the darn thing.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #28542 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Just have to finish up today, then a half day tomorrow...and I am freeeeee for the holiday weekend!

Between whatever (online) sales are going on for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I'm hoping to get all of my Christmas shopping complete. Of course, it would help if Sam would give me at least SOME clue of what he wants (aside from obscenely expensive fireproof gun safes).
That is actually our gift to each other this year. We don't buy for each other, we decide on a big gift we both want. Last year I got all new hardwood floors in the 1st floor of my house.

Watch for the sales. They discount them a lot. At least around here.

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #28543 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What do you all do when you shop online for your SO and they're home to get the mail all the time when you're not? I don't want Brian to have to sign for anything or pick it up off the porch or find it in the mailbox; he's getting a lot of Under Armour stuff this year and I know they package it very obviously.

I'm thinking about asking my boss if I can just ship it to the park, but there's got to be a better solution!
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #28544 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Yeah, I'm trying to keep an eye out - it would just help if he gave me some type of clue as to what TYPE of safe he wants. He's insanely picky about these things. But I love your tactic on getting things, Nancy. I'm usually the "good cop" but that's just because I play the role all the time at work with the IT department (No, really, you guys want to fix this before I have to bring my manager in, because you will NOT like the end result if he gets involved!).

But I think it's pretty much narrowed down to either the gun safe, or perhaps a new flatscreen TV since he keeps whining about the quality on the tube TV we got back when I was finishing up college.

We have some gift cards to Target from the wedding, so I keep checking to see if maybe they have a good one at a decent price that I could grab and have it be affordable! However, beyond Vizio, I am clueless on what brands to look for, and which ones to avoid like the plague. Any help from all you knowledgeable peoples?

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #28545 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
What do you all do when you shop online for your SO and they're home to get the mail all the time when you're not? I don't want Brian to have to sign for anything or pick it up off the porch or find it in the mailbox; he's getting a lot of Under Armour stuff this year and I know they package it very obviously.

I'm thinking about asking my boss if I can just ship it to the park, but there's got to be a better solution!
Send to a friend's house.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #28546 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWHeather View Post
Congrats!!
Thanks!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #28547 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
What do you all do when you shop online for your SO and they're home to get the mail all the time when you're not?
I send it to my office address.

It's MICHELLE, scarfish! My name is MICHELLE! Jax is my DOG!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #28548 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:

Since my parents live in town, I typically ship it to their place... But work is the alternative for me!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #28549 (permalink)
Crowned Member

LOL I don't really have any friends in the area and my parents are getting stuff in the same shipment, even though they wouldn't know that... they still live an hour away and Brian's always with when we go. I'll probably just ship to work. I don't want to travel more for stuff I'm already paying to ship ya know? haha. I think everyone is getting UA this year... I'm a conspiracy theorist and I think the crap is hitting the fan this winter, so best to be warm.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #28550 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Danielle - I haven't forgotten the collars! I'll get back within the next couple of days. Thanks so much for finding the 'right' material for me!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.