The Random Thread - Page 2853 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #28521 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
I vote for B. I'm not much into flying. (Don't tell Girth, I might need to be a fighter pilot one day.)
We both hate flying, too... that was the main reason for ruling out somewhere farther away. Miami is only a 3 hr flight so that's generally not too bad, especially if we fly EARLY in the AM. The no flying is definitely a big plus, but three days at sea is a big minus. Hmm.....
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #28522 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
We both hate flying, too... that was the main reason for ruling out somewhere farther away. Miami is only a 3 hr flight so that's generally not too bad, especially if we fly EARLY in the AM. The no flying is definitely a big plus, but three days at sea is a big minus. Hmm.....
True, but what I've heard (I've never been on a cruise) is that there is so much to do on the ship, you hardly notice that you are actually at sea. Unless there is a perfect storm out there....or an iceburg...
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #28523 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
True, but what I've heard (I've never been on a cruise) is that there is so much to do on the ship, you hardly notice that you are actually at sea. Unless there is a perfect storm out there....or an iceburg...
This is true... the two we've been on were both FREEZING cold, so it was kind of prohibitive. I'm not counting on any icebergs in the Caribbean in May, but stranger things have happened...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #28524 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Two cats, a dog, and one big moth. I'm amazed that my house is still standing.

In the end, Baxter won. The cats are sooooooooo angry.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #28525 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

dude wtf, the dog just hackled and was very wary about my dad sitting on the couch. my dad would move and he would jump and stare, then he got over it and brought his toy over, and my dad just stared at him, then it turned into a staring match that i had to break up, i could see his hackles going at it again! what are my parents doing! this is THE FIRST TIME i have ever seen him hackle at a human!
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #28526 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
dude wtf, the dog just hackled and was very wary about my dad sitting on the couch. my dad would move and he would jump and stare, then he got over it and brought his toy over, and my dad just stared at him, then it turned into a staring match that i had to break up, i could see his hackles going at it again! what are my parents doing! this is THE FIRST TIME i have ever seen him hackle at a human!
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but if not, tell your dad to stop staring at your dog. That is a challenge, & your dog is reacting as many dogs would.
NWHeather is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #28527 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So I think my plan for a puppy has been foiled. Went out to see my breeder yesterday and she let me play with her adolescent female that she would like for me to continue to train competitively...So it looks like instead of bringing home a male puppy in 6 months I may in fact be bringing home an adult female in a couple weeks...
GatorDog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #28528 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Terrible use of pronouns. The dog would jump and stare, and he was actually behind the couch, and the dog brought the toy in front of said parent. Sadly, my father just does not listen when I tell him not to stare. Not to mention he is always using a strict tone (his normal voice really) and telling the dog to STOP, when he is rolling around on the carpet, sniffing him, going up to him, bugging him when he eats, but then will feed the dog from the table and counter. Parents just don't understand?
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #28529 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I also found a 9-day Wine Cruise from Ensenada up the CA/OR/WA/BC coastline to Seattle..... on a ship that has a Lawn Club (aka an entire deck of planted grass and trees), a glass blowing and art studio and wine and culinary classes... who wants to go on that with me??
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #28530 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Two cats, a dog, and one big moth. I'm amazed that my house is still standing.

In the end, Baxter won. The cats are sooooooooo angry.
Haha! I can only imagine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I also found a 9-day Wine Cruise from Ensenada up the CA/OR/WA/BC coastline to Seattle..... on a ship that has a Lawn Club (aka an entire deck of planted grass and trees), a glass blowing and art studio and wine and culinary classes... who wants to go on that with me??
Sounds fabulous! I wish I could go!
NWHeather is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.