The Random Thread - Page 2850 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #28491 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
Yep.
Girth, too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Interesting behavior...Last night when playing hide-n-seek with Hondo and Lonestar (outside), Hondo became overly anxious to find me, becoming more vocal the longer he searched.

I wonder if at some point someone or something was creeping around out there recently. Makes one ponder a bit.
Sounds like he was calling out to you. I think you are right, there may have been something in the bushes and he was worried. How sweet.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #28492 (permalink)
Elite Member

Staff meeting: I killed it.

The entire staff meeting, everybody was looking directly at my coworker while speaking. As if they were saying 'hey, don't do this this and this. And this is your fault!"

Tell us we'll be sent home if found doing things in an unsafe manner: I ask for a guideline on this - if you're going to send me home for something I don't know or wasn't properly trained on, I would like a guideline or proper training. I have not been properly trained on certain things, just get told 'it's the same idea' Lawyer on their butts right quick if I get cut slicing because I asked for training and was denied it.

Next issue: The black mold growing beside the sink in the wall panel. Their feedback? "What, where?" you've all worked here for over FIVE YEARS and you're telling me and new girl you haven't noticed it? I call bull.. TOTAL bull on that. I got told that the health inspector didn't say anything about it. Okay, well.. when is the last time the health inspector came in? The look on one of my boss' face when I was talking about this was .. priceless. He looked mortified like somebody was actually calling him out. And then the staff all got into telling me and new girl that we're both wrong, and the mould isn't a problem unless it's in direct contact with the food. Oh, and the cookies in the showcase are all dry products with low moisture content so the mould can't harm it. Okay, but what about the products directly across from the mould in the fridge?

issue number three: Contradicting foodsafe 'rules': Lets give new girls crap for using a dry towel to dry dishes, because that's going to spread bacteria but we can drop food on the floor and resell.

Their solution: A waste bucket, and I KNOW the products are going to end up back on the shelf after being in the bucket at the end of the day if the owner is dealing with it and recording all of our 'losses'. The other owner goes to say, lets put it in the crumb bucket, and rebake it! Other coworker agrees with him: we can put food dropped on the floor in for a rebake with the rest of the batch because all the bacteria is killed. Okay, so I can come in and dump whatever I so please into the food here and if it's heated to x degree, it's okay?

My mind is blown by these people. I have VALID health concerns, I'm not just trying to be a twit and ruin their lives. One of the workers has chronic bronchitis and is working around mould. Put two and two together, how much do you all cough during a shift and how many chest infections do you get?

I know I'll eventually get fired for bringing up these points. But at least I can walk away with a clear mind knowing I spoke up for what was right in the workplace, and for the customers. Their excuse was that the previous owners have always done it this way, so we'll do it the same as not to change too much for the 3 staff members we have.

This is also a load of junk, the owners daughter and son work in the back and I've spoken to them about this: Their parents, the previous owners, never condoned this type of stuff.

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #28493 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Baxter has discovered the wonders of the Butt Scratch. He never really cared for it before - he was happy with belly rubs and just regular pets and scratches. Now I go to pet him and he immediately turns around and shoves his butt at me. Gee, thanks.

And now to go workout so I feel less guilty about gorging myself on the chocolate covered almonds that were in the holiday box my company set me.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #28494 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My poor dog can't catch a break. He coughed up a hairball this morning-literally. Thinking "wth?" I looked and he had licked/chewed ALL the hair off of his groin/belly overnight and he is covered with red welts. No fleas.. can't figure out what it is this time. I allodermed him and will be giving him a benzoyl peroxide bath this afternoon to stave off infection/yeast. Poor guy. Grape flavored children's benadryl is a godsend with this dog... he is IMPOSSIBLE to give pills to, but he loves the grape stuff. Hopefully he'll go to sleep now.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #28495 (permalink)
Knighted Member

We were a quiet bunch this weekend. Knowing the people that post here...hopefully that meant a weekend of mischief, trouble, and other such shenanigans.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #28496 (permalink)
Elite Member

Went to my first IPO trial this weekend. Had a blast and met a couple board members.

Went on my annual "I'm getting all my Christmas shopping done in one day before Thanksgiving and everyone becomes insane" shopping trip with my best friend yesterday. We get breakfast and read all the ads, get the coupons, plan our attack. We also took a break mid shop and got pedicures. I have 2 people left to buy for and I am DONE!

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #28497 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Today is going to be an angry day. For some reason I just feel enraged. I feel like hitting someone or smashing things. I just want to destroy everything. And if my in-laws ask me one more time why my birds are loud(for like 0.5 seconds a day) while their children scream every moment they are awake, I'm going to freak out. My cold has relapsed and I'm very sick and I have absolutely no patience for dealing with them. The fact that they ask that question repeatedly is even more frustrating. Do they have alzheimer's or something, or are they just trying to piss me off?

I wish I was asleep. I was making BLT sandwiches in my dream and there were kittens everywhere. It was nice.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #28498 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default The difference between a GSD and a Texas Lacy

I gave both boys a chunk of deer leg a piece. I allowed them to chomp and grind off all the meat. Before they could actually get down to chewing on the bone I took the bone away.

Hondo: (While sitting on my lazy butt) "Hondo, bring it." Hondo stops chewing and looks at me as if to say, "Seriously?" I meet his stare and he picks up his bone, walks over to me (no doubt calling me the same thing we call his mother) and drops it near my feet. He isn't going to make it easy for me, but he complied and brought it. He sulks off a few feet and plops down with a huge sigh. Glaring.

Lonestar: "Lonestar, bring it." Lonestar jumps up (leaves his bone) runs to Mike and jumps on his lap. Jumps off his lap, runs back to the bone, picks it up, races around the patio with the bone, jumps off the patio, plops down and keeps chewing. In his mind, he's done something, therefore he is due his bone.

I get up and walk towards him. I can tell by his body stance he is about to race with the bone. "Leave it." He hesitates. I square my shoulders. He drops the bone, noting that I am serious. He looks at Mike, then back at me. I squat down to his level, "Lonestar, bring it." Lonestar jumps up (leaves bone) races for his ball, grabs his ball, does a death defying leap to Mike's lap, bounds off Mike's lap, races around the patio, races through the yard, jumps over Hondo, runs to my truck, jumps into the bed, jumps out of the bed, finally comes to me, drops the ball at my feet, grabs his bone, plops down and looks at me as if to say, "What? You said "leave it" I did. You said "bring it". I did. What else do you want?"
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #28499 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is frustrating. From january to march we are house sitting for someone, but my husband's boss is renting his acreage right now for only $1000 + utilities. That's like crazily cheap here, and it's an ACREAGE!! But we've already agreed to house sit for the other person, so it's really annoying that there's this awesome acreage at an unreal price available but we have to go house sit for three months and it will be rented by the time we're finished. Ugh.

Plus we'd be able to move in like right now, instead of having to deal with all the crazy bullcrap that is going on here for the next month and a half.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #28500 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post
Went to my first IPO trial this weekend. Had a blast and met a couple board members.

Went on my annual "I'm getting all my Christmas shopping done in one day before Thanksgiving and everyone becomes insane" shopping trip with my best friend yesterday. We get breakfast and read all the ads, get the coupons, plan our attack. We also took a break mid shop and got pedicures. I have 2 people left to buy for and I am DONE!
LUCKY!

I actually don't have too much left to do, so I shouldn't complain. With the wedding, budgets are a bit tighter than usual, so all parents are getting a photo album of wedding pictures, nice prints of a few of their favorites, and possibly some other small gift. I made a photo book for my two young nieces, I have a gift picked out for the sibling I have this year (we do a name draw so we can get one nicer gift versus several smaller gifts), I'm narrowing it down for my younger brother, and I'm slowly prying ideas out of Sam (it's a nightmare).

However, I just got an email from my faaaaaaaaaavorite steak restaurant, and they're doing a deal on gift cards which I can purchase online. I think the pets may be getting Sam and I a gift. A tasty, tasty gift.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.