The Random Thread - Page 2844 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #28431 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ok so this day has been crazy. See my post in stories on how not to start the day if you are wondering.

At least I have dinner to look forward to. I'm making goat curry. Yum.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #28432 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberGSD2 View Post

At least I have dinner to look forward to. I'm making goat curry. Yum.
I love curried goat - I love anything curried though, I'd probably eat a dead rat if it was covered in curry.

Ladies, never go into and try to organize, pack, or do anything in your husband's garage. I am pretty sure I have married a hoarder and I think I could open a Canadian Tire or Napa shop with the crap he has out there.
The man has all the work boot boxes he has purchased in the last 2 years, 5 boxes! 5 empty boxes. (and no, he does not purchase cheap work boots,) I guess I should be happy the half dozen boxes of boots the store took back for being defective (boots just cannot handle the rigging in the hot temperatures, nobody makes a boot that can and believe me, he has tried every kind!), are not out there.
However, I do have a handle on the tools he does have - well except for the 3 chests he takes to work with him, so I know what I can buy him. (We can write them off, so we always ask for gift cards for Home Depot or Crappy Tire for him)
I'm not sure what all the cans of stuff are or if they can all go in the same box - but they're in there!
At least I can walk around in there now, but methinks we need a 26' truck just to move his crap!
ozzymama is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #28433 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzymama View Post
Ladies, never go into and try to organize, pack, or do anything in your husband's garage. I am pretty sure I have married a hoarder and I think I could open a Canadian Tire or Napa shop with the crap he has out there.
The man has all the work boot boxes he has purchased in the last 2 years, 5 boxes! 5 empty boxes. (and no, he does not purchase cheap work boots,) I guess I should be happy the half dozen boxes of boots the store took back for being defective (boots just cannot handle the rigging in the hot temperatures, nobody makes a boot that can and believe me, he has tried every kind!), are not out there.
My husband insists on keep the box that EVERY thing comes in. Just in case you have to take it back. Even T.V.s EVERY thing. He has a shop outside and a entire game room in the house FULL of his 'stuff'. It drives me insane.

Luckily, my husband is also a fire bug. So, after a nice rain, I'll say, "Hey babe, wanna go out and burn the burn pile (dead tree limbs etc.) ? His little face will light up with the idea. THEN I drag out all the empty boxes I can find and add them to the fire. He has no problem burning them at that time. The bigger the fire...the better.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #28434 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Aww... I just found out that the horse I ride hurt his back. No wonder he's been so grumpy and has been fighting his right lead so much. Lessons are over for two weeks, so he gets some nice down time to rest up, heal, and see the chiropractor. I hope he gets better soon - I kinda like the big oaf!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #28435 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have the most understanding husband ever. I dropped my university classes so I can work on my depression. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I could spend all of my time in bed watching tv and eating ice cream for the rest of my life and he'd be perfectly okay with it as long as that meant I'd be the tiniest bit happier.
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #28436 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
I have the most understanding husband ever. I dropped my university classes so I can work on my depression. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I could spend all of my time in bed watching tv and eating ice cream for the rest of my life and he'd be perfectly okay with it as long as that meant I'd be the tiniest bit happier.
That is really nice! You picked a good one!

Lillie, it got worse after I posted that LOL, I got back to the back of the garage, moved a box which was apparently holding a cupboard door closed and out poured coveralls, work shirts, vests... I could outfit a construction company - all brand new. The kicker, he doesn't need to buy his clothes, his company supplies and cleans them!
I wish he was a fire bug or we had had place to have a fire here, darn tight suburban yards, because we could have a beauty of one!
When I told him what I had done and called him a hoarder, he laughed at me.
He almost cried though when he saw me hauling things to the curb, I got rid of one of those director chairs, a tv, a vacuum, (don't feel bad for him, I found 2 shop vacs out there as well as the big one on the wall). I already had the ad on kijiji so he had to let me. He didn't help LOL, but he stood back and let me do my thing! He says, you could get money for that tv, I said it's 10 years old, nobody is going to pay for a 10 year old tube tv. Hopefully someone will take it for free or it's a dump run this weekend.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #28437 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Check out the second picture with this story Another cougar sighting in Central Ontario! The Outdoors Guy
Does that really just look like an over-fed tom cat?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #28438 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Interesting behavior...Last night when playing hide-n-seek with Hondo and Lonestar (outside), Hondo became overly anxious to find me, becoming more vocal the longer he searched.

Normally, Hondo will air scent mostly and Lonestar will primarily ground scent. They pretty much fall over each other and make a sloppy job of it, when they play together. Alone, each one does a very good job.

I ran out to the front pasture, along the fence line (because it was dark) and then sat on the ground. I give one whistle and Mike releases with the command "Find her!" Both dogs take off and instead of playing, both seemed overly serious. Hondo being vocal and Lonestar keeping his nose on the ground. When they found me, Hondo pretty much mowed me over and Lonestar kept jumping up on me. Normally they are excited to find me and then sit and wait for their rewards.

I wonder if at some point someone or something was creeping around out there recently. Makes one ponder a bit.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #28439 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If I keep telling myself to remain calm and have patience...it'll happen eventually...right?

If I survive the day without going completely insane, it will be a miracle. Most days I get along quite well with my manager. Other days? It takes every ounce of self control that I have not to scream.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #28440 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSdogowner View Post
Ok, I am not getting it. Am I the only one? LOL

Yep.

Nancy,

Or you were sitting in a pile of horse dung.

Last edited by Girth; 11-15-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Girth is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.