The Random Thread - Page 2840 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #28391 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Haha, it's true. Baxter is a huuuuge baby.

Ugh. I left my heart meds at home in my rush to get out the door this morning. It's not like it's a HUGE issue, but my HR is definitely faster and more sensitive to exercise/stress/movement of any kind without it. Crap. I'm thankful it isn't a dangerous problem, but I hate that sensation of my heart going nuts.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #28392 (permalink)
Knighted Member

So my neighbor replaced my front brakes. For free, he won't take money; now I'm going to have to beat him up and force money on him......
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #28393 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ugh. I feel very claustrophobic. Jereme is FLIPPING out all of the sudden about getting the second dog. He can't find work and says it's just too much right now. It bugs me because I pay for everything dog-related and would continue to do so. I already told the guy I'd take her and get her this week. I don't know what to do. I want her and I can make it work, but I don't want him making my life miserable over it. It doesn't matter all the crap of his that I'm putting up with, no... it's all about him.

Edit: And, there's a possibility I may be losing my job as well. At least, moved to "part time". Great.

Last edited by LoveEcho; 11-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #28394 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
Apparently he has been behaving like a perfect gentleman, though. She did, of course, have to tell me that after I left he just laid down by the front door waiting for me to come back for about 2 hours.
Awee, it is so touching when our fur kids miss us. I am glad he is doing so well. Hopefully, this puts you a bit more at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Got a call from my doctor this morning. Apparently my pap smear was abnormal and I'm going in for a biopsy in two weeks. (you think I might have cancer and you can't get me in sooner!?)
Oh no. I hope everything is ok. Sometimes these test come out weird but that doesn't mean something serious has to be going on. So, stay positive. It may just be a quick fix with antibiotics or something. Please keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
Ugh. I feel very claustrophobic. Jereme is FLIPPING out all of the sudden about getting the second dog. He can't find work and says it's just too much right now.
Edit: And, there's a possibility I may be losing my job as well. At least, moved to "part time". Great.
Wow, Tory, that is a tough spot to be in when your partner does not agree. I know how much you want to have a second dog. I hope you will not lose the job. What happened to the offer from the College for you to teach? Did that fall through? Maybe you will not have to go part-time after all and all this will work itself out.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #28395 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSdogowner View Post
Oh no. I hope everything is ok. Sometimes these test come out weird but that doesn't mean something serious has to be going on. So, stay positive. It may just be a quick fix with antibiotics or something. Please keep us posted.
Thanks. I'm definitely trying not to worry. It sounds like this issue can frequently be resolved before leading to cancer when caught early enough, so the prognosis is good if I don't actually have cervical cancer already.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #28396 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Thanks. I'm definitely trying not to worry. It sounds like this issue can frequently be resolved before leading to cancer when caught early enough, so the prognosis is good if I don't actually have cervical cancer already.
I know it's normal to be nervous about things like this but don't drive yourself crazy. I had a friend who's test came back abnormal as well and the issue was taken care of easily. As far as I know she never had a recurrence of the issue. So, all I am saying is...don't think the worst.

I don't know why doctors have people wait so long for tests. I find this cruel especially when it pertains to cases like this where there is great potential to freak out. Wishing you a good outcome and an easy resolve of this issue. Hugs.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #28397 (permalink)
Knighted Member

You guys discussing your dogs' reactions to people with exotic pets got me thinking...

...how is Baxter going to handle it when I go to pick him up after hanging out with a baby cheetah?!

In other news, need coffee. So much coffee. Screw the fast heart rate, must have caffeine.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #28398 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
You guys discussing your dogs' reactions to people with exotic pets got me thinking...

...how is Baxter going to handle it when I go to pick him up after hanging out with a baby cheetah?!

In other news, need coffee. So much coffee. Screw the fast heart rate, must have caffeine.
You got to hang out with a baby cheetah!? I'm so jealous! Do you have pictures?

I have parrots but people's animals never react strangely to me or sniff me excessively. I don't think my parrots have much of a smell to them though, and they can't really leave fur on my clothes or anything since they have feathers that they don't shed often. And only the downy feathers stick to clothes. I think dogs are more interested in strong smells. When someone has a baby Chrono sniffs pretty excessively like "OMG OMG LADY YOUR BABY HAS POO IN ITS BUTT O.O!!"
Syaoransbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #28399 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

No reason to stop coffee, ever.

In dog news, I don't know what's more frustrating about him eating his stuffed toys - that he doesn't understand when I tell him NOT TO GNAW AND EAT IT or that he insists that they are delicious and continues to do so. It's like he doesn't get real bones and meat and has to resort to this last source of food.
jae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #28400 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
You got to hang out with a baby cheetah!? I'm so jealous! Do you have pictures?

I have parrots but people's animals never react strangely to me or sniff me excessively. I don't think my parrots have much of a smell to them though, and they can't really leave fur on my clothes or anything since they have feathers that they don't shed often. And only the downy feathers stick to clothes. I think dogs are more interested in strong smells. When someone has a baby Chrono sniffs pretty excessively like "OMG OMG LADY YOUR BABY HAS POO IN ITS BUTT O.O!!"
I will be!! And no worries. I will absolutely get some pictures!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.