The Random Thread - Page 2837 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #28361 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I loooooooooove my Dyson.

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #28362 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
I loooooooooove my Dyson.
Ditto!
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #28363 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Went to puppy social hour at petco today...

The head trainer of the store met me at the entrance and explained rules, who she was, etc. She had to have been younger than me!

And of course, I was treated like I knew nothing, which happens I guess. I thought she was knowledgable at first, as she told me not to pet him/coddle him if he got scared, to say off instead of down, etc. until she started talking to another owner about getting a GSD in May and said she was getting a "black sable brindle" GSD. :O

That did her in.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #28364 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
My trusty vacuum finally gave up the ghost. Told hubby to bring home a new one. Bissell Powerforce. EPIC FAIL!

It's like someone said, "Hey, I've got an idea. Let's pretend we want to vacuum."
This made me fall over.
Yeah, wasn't impressed with how you have to take 6 phillips head screws off the bottom just to either do light maintainence or change a belt. What a PIA.
I spent 60 bucks around the corner at a vacuum shop and picked up a refurbished Kenmore upright and this thing ROCKS!!!!

I think somewhere around my house where I can't see it; is a bulletin board with silouettes of vaccums with red hash marks through them like a WWII fighter plane.
Darned animals!
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #28365 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieJ View Post
I'm not sure, I could be wrong Leah....but just because a parent is a cat killer...it just means more that his prey drive was being built up. The drive has to be present of course, but cat killing really isn't a genetic thing. The dog would have possibly the same reaction to a screaming two year old human.
It's a prey drive thing. Niko probably has a high drive. Cats, squirrels, etc....doesn't matter
Soooo, you're not letting me off the hook? See, Carrie, you were supposed to agree with me so I feel better about how I was never able to train Niko to chill out with the cats.
Good_Karma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #28366 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I hate how empty the house feels right now.

Sam had to go out of town for work, right around the time of my conference. That means that I had to drop Baxter off at my parents' house to stay until I'm all finished on Tuesday. It isn't long, and it was the best option since things would be too hectic tomorrow morning for me to drop him off then. But still. I just got home and I already miss him.

Can you tell I have some serious attachment issues??? Ugh. Maybe I'll clean to keep my mind off of it.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #28367 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evybear15 View Post
I hate how empty the house feels right now.

Sam had to go out of town for work, right around the time of my conference. That means that I had to drop Baxter off at my parents' house to stay until I'm all finished on Tuesday. It isn't long, and it was the best option since things would be too hectic tomorrow morning for me to drop him off then. But still. I just got home and I already miss him.

Can you tell I have some serious attachment issues??? Ugh. Maybe I'll clean to keep my mind off of it.
I don't think you are having attachement issues at all. To be able to have someone in your life you can miss is a beautiful thing and to be missed is equally beautiful whether that is a human or animal. I think these things give us a greater appreciation for what we have. Have a nice conference. Hugs.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #28368 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSdogowner View Post
I don't think you are having attachement issues at all. To be able to have someone in your life you can miss is a beautiful thing and to be missed is equally beautiful whether that is a human or animal. I think these things give us a greater appreciation for what we have. Have a nice conference. Hugs.
Thanks, Elvi. I like that way of thinking about it. I will be alright once I'm gone and things get busy, it's just hard being at home without Sam or Baxter there with me. I always have one when the other is away, I think last night was the first time I've ever had them both be gone at the same time. While I know that I live in a fairly safe neighborhood, I feel safer having one of them (or both!) around.

And now it's time to shower off (back and biceps workout/sweat-fest), get ready, finish packing, and head out the door. At least I get to be reunited with Baxter Tuesday evening!!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #28369 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Happy Veterans Day! To all who have served, is married to someone who has (is) served(ing) or has raised someone who has(is) served(ing)!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #28370 (permalink)
Elite Member

Went to visit a friend yesterday who has cancer. Has been battling for about 3 years now, has had 2 surgeries and 3 bouts of chemo. He is 35 years old. He is now having proton therapy as an alternative. He hasn't been able to eat anything but soup so we brought some of the prime rib soup we just made to him. It was heartbreaking to see him. He does not even look like the same guy I just saw a couple months ago at his benefit. The proton therapy has even changed the color of his hair. I cannot imagine how hard it is for his girlfriend, she is a saint who has been taking care of him.

Never take your life for granted. You never know when something can happen.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.