The Random Thread - Page 2836 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #28351 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Karma View Post
Found out that Niko's sire is a cat killer. That explains why we had such a hard time keeping him away from our kitties. In that far off day when we get another GSD puppy, I think we'll be shopping around for a new breeder, particularly since she thought it was funny that her dog was an uncontrollable cat killer. That's not funny.
I'm not sure, I could be wrong Leah....but just because a parent is a cat killer...it just means more that his prey drive was being built up. The drive has to be present of course, but cat killing really isn't a genetic thing. The dog would have possibly the same reaction to a screaming two year old human.
It's a prey drive thing. Niko probably has a high drive. Cats, squirrels, etc....doesn't really matter.

We had a lab at work (well "used to" key operative here) insane prey drive. Turns out that she was allowed to not only kill the chickens on their property, but eat them. So BAM! Prey drive was built and rewarded....not a good dog in a pack environment.
I usually at any given time during the day have a few dogs that I will keep an eye on incase a dog yelps or squeaks during play. You'd be surprised how quick one of these guys will run across the floor to strike at the yelping dog. It's intense.

But, I wouldn't give the idiot who bred Niko money just because...well, she's an idiot and idiots don't deserve my money...
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #28352 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ok I was just watching a episode of Revolution I had recorded a while ago. The main characters were running from two wild dogs who are chasing/attacking them, and the dogs just happened to be a Doberman (with a nice ear crop) and a Mali. I want to know why there's a young purebred Dobe and Mali running around 'feral' 15 years after the power went out?
I guess someone could be breeding them, but it still is odd that those two pure breed dogs would be running wild together and if they were being bred why would they be running wild, and even if someone was breeding them and they somehow went wild it still doesn't explain the nice crop; I mean I doubt there are any dog shows, or conveniently located Dobe-crop-knowledgeable vet surgeons (with the necessary supplies) in the 15- years--post apocalyptic world.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #28353 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ok I just saw that apparently someone owns the dogs, but it still seems weird that those two particular breeds would be together; if they're loose and feasting on a dead deer why do they randomly chase/attack people, and the ear crop also seems weird.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #28354 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Also Rottweilers too apparently...I guess someone has a lot of time on their hands to breed a bunch of purebreds.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #28355 (permalink)
Knighted Member

sooo tired of getting up at 4am for no reason. I wish my animals would sleep through my brother getting up. His sleep patterns are weird and I assume that it is because of his MS. We have only lived here for 3 months so far, and I have lived alone with my pets for many years. Our routine before this was to sleep till 6 if I wasn't working. My brother often gets up at 3-4am. So when he gets up, my cats decide it is time to whine, sharpen their claws, and play loudly. The dogs would stay quiet if the cats would. I can't sleep through the cats noise when they are frisky, but I can easily sleep through my brother getting up if the animals would stay quiet. I just need to sleep later. I get bored at 4 am....and then most days it is quiet in the house as in no tv etc, but when my brother does turn it on, it is super loud. Right now he has TV on really loud at 5am. All I want to do is sleeeeep! I think I need my own house, but can't move. Finances are one reason, but the main reason is I know my brother would have little to nothing if I left. I pay for all the groceries in exchange for rent, cable and garbage service are in my name, and I also help out with the water bill. Because of his MS he is on SS with a fixed income. He can't afford all these things, and would eat McDonald's dollar menu rather than anything healthy. I have managed to fatten him up over the past few months so he isn't a 100lbs dripping wet kind of skinny. But man....I would LOVE to sleeeeeep!

Rant over.

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Zisso is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #28356 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am taking a me day, I never take them, I never blow off things to be selfish and I am doing it today. I was so wound up yesterday with stuff with the house not going to plan, dh having an accident then failing to call me all day, by the time he got home last night saw a box of his stuff on the front porch, smart boy used the garage entrance, I was wound so tight all I could do was pace.
After Tuesday night I had all the locks rekeyed yesterday, it was also the day the money went from the bank to the lawyer, the insurance binders were sent, I realized my insurance broker is incompetent, the seller is peeving me off... Add dh into the mix LOL, he said I was like a tornado, he tried to get me to sit down and I couldn't, he finally poured me a stiff drink and forced me onto the couch with him, then took me upstairs LOL.
Much clearer head today and much better mood! I fell asleep so deeply in his arms I heard nothing until DD woke me at 5:30, I didn't even know he put her in bed with me until I heard her "Hello, hello", right in my face. So he's working today, off tomorrow, I'm leaving here shortly for a walk with dd, go to the store, get some money, and hit a couple craft sales around town! I am not doing any packing, any correspondence regarding the house, not doing anything in regards to my business I'm starting back up, just relaxing. Watch some real housewives, get the laundry done, some cleaning and be selfish! Maybe take a nap with DD!
I know getting wound up was my own doing, but now he's back closer to home working for a week, going to be home tomorrow, I feel like the weight around my neck is gone. I was so mad at him last night, he walked through the door, gave me that goofy smile, said sorry and I wasn't mad anymore, still wound tight, but not angry, just relieved he was home, he was safe.
That's my verbal rant, puke out of emotions for the day! Now to go have fun!
ozzymama is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #28357 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Today has been way too productive for a Saturday...

Woke up earlyish and got my workout in. Somehow made it down the stairs and had a protein shake for recovery/breakfast. Then I got a load of laundry started since I'm pretty much completely out of clean clothes (oops). Then I uploaded a bunch of wedding photos onto Facebook - getting ready, and the details. I'm holding off until tomorrow to post the ones for the photo shoot, the ceremony, and the reception.

Our photographer took about 800 pictures from the day of the wedding, and about 200 from the day before (rehearsal/dinner). Soooo many pictures to go through!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #28358 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm anxious to see all of them Evan!

I had a productive morning, too! Woke up early ish, went pants/holiday shopping with my BF to get clothes for thanksgiving dinners, had lunch, got the dog's Christmas pictures taken and now we're at a puppy play group at Petco!
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #28359 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My trusty vacuum finally gave up the ghost. Told hubby to bring home a new one. Bissell Powerforce. EPIC FAIL!

It's like someone said, "Hey, I've got an idea. Let's pretend we want to vacuum."
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #28360 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
My trusty vacuum finally gave up the ghost. Told hubby to bring home a new one. Bissell Powerforce. EPIC FAIL!

It's like someone said, "Hey, I've got an idea. Let's pretend we want to vacuum."
I love the Bissel Steam Cleaners but their vacuum cleaners suck. At least the ones I tried. Try a Dyson. They are awesome.

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
KSdogowner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.