The Random Thread - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
You know what I can't believe? That anyone was ever smart enough to figure out knitting and crocheting.

yeah i could never understand that one. I think my sister in law is crazy because she knit. i used to kinda know how to crochet but never my thing.

One of the things i'm surprised about is the balancer system in SUVs that help balance the vehicle even if you take a turn sharper than you should. Totally awesome. Love newer vehicle. Dont love the price tag to get a newer (even a used one!) though.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRen616 View Post
I failed sewing class in High School. It was too hard for me, but I passed Wood Shop Class with an "A"
I only passed wood shop class because the teacher thought I was cute and I pouted a few times to get that A! He even finished my project for me because I pouted about being afraid of the machine! LOL!
Wolfiesmom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesmom View Post
I only passed wood shop class because the teacher thought I was cute and I pouted a few times to get that A! He even finished my project for me because I pouted about being afraid of the machine! LOL!

BAHAHAHA!!!!! nice. sounds like me in auto. I did all the written work but my "team" would never let me actually do mechical work because they didnt want me to get dirty lol. and the teacher thought i was afraid of the engines. not so much since i grew up with my grandpa who was a mechanic and spent MANY hours in the garage with him but whatever. Got an A in the class for doing next to nothing. Pretty nifty stuff.
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Skype™ to paulag1955

LaRen, a lot of high schools don't even offer HomeEc classes anymore. The school district where our youngest attended high school didn't.

Krystal, I love to knit, crochet and (LaRen, can you believe this?) sew!
RIP Duchess - Shetland Sheepdog (12/25/88 - 2/14/04)
paulag1955 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Sometimes I just cant believe how smart people are.
It boggles my mind that people just decided to throw chocolate chips or other ingredients into dough and make sweets or cookies. Who ever decided that chocolate chips were a good ingredient to put into baked goods? (That person was a genius.)
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your friend. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Salem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesmom View Post
hahaha! You worked hard for that "A"!

I did all of my work, I got along wonderfully with power tools and sharp objects

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ male Dalmatian 6.30.13
LaRen616 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Skype™ to paulag1955

Salem, this is for you:

Toll House Cookie History - Invention of Toll House Cookies
RIP Duchess - Shetland Sheepdog (12/25/88 - 2/14/04)
paulag1955 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
LaRen, a lot of high schools don't even offer HomeEc classes anymore. The school district where our youngest attended high school didn't.

Krystal, I love to knit, crochet and (LaRen, can you believe this?) sew!
I get frustrated. I can sew but only if i HAVE to or want to decorate a bag or something. My grandma crochets... a lot. I've had to ask her to STOP sending us afghans lol and other stuff. and i'm afraid i'd probably stab someone (probably myself) with the knitting needles and then i'd probably end up throwing the knitting needles as i freaked out about stabbing myself lol. i need a vacation. too tense hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
It boggles my mind that people just decided to throw chocolate chips or other ingredients into dough and make sweets or cookies. Who ever decided that chocolate chips were a good ingredient to put into baked goods? (That person was a genius.)

Salem.... i TOTALLY agree with you on that whole genius thing. They were totally amazing to think of that!
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I love to crochet and sell some of my work too. My sister is pregnant with her first baby, so I have a lot of crocheting to do! Here's one of my creations on my granddaughter. I was particularly pleased with the way it came out.

Last edited by Wolfiesmom; 01-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Wolfiesmom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks Paula! It all makes sense now. I never bothered to look it up because I assumed that it was one of those things that someone started and so many people followed suit that it was hard to tell where it came from.
Quote:
Salem.... i TOTALLY agree with you on that whole genius thing. They were totally amazing to think of that!
I know! I could never do anything like that. The last time I baked chocolate chip cookies, I used wax paper by accident.
Needless to say, I am not allowed to bake unless supervised.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your friend. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Salem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.