The official tattoo thread - Page 15 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #141 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink-_-wink View Post
All 8 of mine have meaning as well, im just pulling your leg. I am glad something that is so visually stunning has deeper meaning than just the beauty of it!
My other 5 have valuable meaning as well. I don't understand those people who just go in and pick something off the wall

This latest though, the Phoenix, I'm exceptionally pleased with. It's the first time I've been to this shop and everyone is super nice there, clean, amazing work, I love my artist...We've become good friends. I won't go anywhere else now. Plus, as long as I keep photographing their work, I'll keep getting ink done for free

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 02:48 AM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Plus, as long as I keep photographing their work, I'll keep getting ink done for free
SOOO JEALOUS!! I work in a prison and these guys buy tattoos from each other (which for the crappy materials they have, the art comes out fairly amazing) for like the equivelant of 20-30$ I wish I didn't have to save up for them lol but i throw my change in my jar and when it fills up I go cash in and get a tattoo lol the time it takes me to fill this giant jug (shaped like a coke bottle) gives me plenty of time to think out/design my next
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #143 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melina View Post
My other 5 have valuable meaning as well. I don't understand those people who just go in and pick something off the wall
Love the ink!
All of mine have special meaning as well...I don't understand the 'picking off the wall' thing either.
I usually draw my own.
Mine all represent the important cycles/stages of my life.
Started in 1979, only have 4 so far.
I have a new one in mind, just need to find the right artist.

Hubby has none, daughter has at least 5.

Kat

Last edited by KatsMuse; 12-23-2012 at 07:59 AM.
KatsMuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #144 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Wink - I'm just lucky I have a skilled trade they need. Glad I didn't go to school for Molecular Biology, haha. Wouldn't help me in trading for tattoos one bit. What is it that you do in a prison? My Father was a Psychologist in a prison for the state of CT for quite some time (Probably nothing like what you do). If I didn't have my BA in Photography I would have been just like you, counting my pennies, saving for the next session on my half sleeve. I just happened to luck out!

Kat, my love - I'm glad to hear that, it's just foolish and asinine to pick one off the wall at random. What will it ever do for you sentimentally when you look down at it later? You'll have to email me some of your drawings sometime! Got my first tattoo when I was 18 (Against the wishes of my parents, but hey, I saved up my own, hard earned money...Never looked back. They're so addicting). You'll need to write me and tell me about your newest idea and convince your husband to get one....Or at least hold him down and make him get one

Current status of my tattoo (In the yucky flaking and peeling process):

Always looks better right after you get it done, until it's completely healed. The in-between stage is awkward.

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #145 (permalink)

Right now I am just a regular officer in the prison. It isnt an ordinary prison it is Federal prison so there is a lot more red tape. I like working for the feds tho because it gives me freedom to move around the country if I want to. Which I do! Right now I work in the Largest Federal prison in the country, we have about 5,000 inmates. In my one housing unit (where I work 8 hours by myself with no self defense weapons such as baton, mace, gun, taser, or ANYTHING other than a radio and 3 weeks of self defense class training) it is 400 inmates to 1 officer. When the compound is open the numbers are much higher tho. I love my job, it is far from boring, and it is different every day!! Plus (to keep it on track with this thread) there is NO tattoo policy for me. I can have as many as I want. I can sleeve out (which I can't do because I am also Air National Guard) if I wanted my hands neck or head as well, they may frown on it but theres no rule against it.. just about everyone here has tattoos.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #146 (permalink)

For my dad.. It means Faith Hope and Love. and his initials. He was in the Vietnam War in Air Force. He died in 1991 due to brain cancer that they believe was caused by Agent Orange.

]P.S. any ideas on how to show Mom the tattoo!? Ha, she is not a big fan of them, and I have angel wings on my foot/ankle bone that she has seen but was "OK" with since it is hardly seen.. this is on my wrist.

I am in absolute love with it, and I don't live with my mom, but seriously, everyone knows how scary moms can be!!!

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #147 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Melina, that looks amazing!!! Last I knew, you were still working on the details of it so to see the finished product, thats fabulous!!! Really good work!!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #148 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Latest....

Before...

After....

Have my next two ready to go too. Just need to decide when I'm going to get them done and when my Aunt is available to do them.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkellen View Post
For my dad.. It means Faith Hope and Love. and his initials. He was in the Vietnam War in Air Force. He died in 1991 due to brain cancer that they believe was caused by Agent Orange.

]P.S. any ideas on how to show Mom the tattoo!? Ha, she is not a big fan of them, and I have angel wings on my foot/ankle bone that she has seen but was "OK" with since it is hardly seen.. this is on my wrist.

I am in absolute love with it, and I don't live with my mom, but seriously, everyone knows how scary moms can be!!!

Thats awesome! I have an Ambigram down my outter forearm that says FAITH one way and upside down it says HOPE! Honestly I think your mom would like it... because of how much meaning it has to you and what it represents.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #150 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
Melina, that looks amazing!!! Last I knew, you were still working on the details of it so to see the finished product, thats fabulous!!! Really good work!!
Thank you I'm super happy with it. I'm even happier I could trade for the work and get it done quickly, otherwise I'd still be sitting here with the outline, haha. My artist was even nice enough to show up before shop hours (7am) to do the last two sessions for me. He's awesome.

Here it is pretty well healed. The colors have settled down a bit, haha. Not so intense! Still beautiful, I love it

Last edited by Melina; 12-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.